|Wednesday, September 18, 2013|
EB Games Expo 2013 To Begin On October 4
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Inside Mac Games' Andrew Lennox has written a brief preview of the upcoming EB Games Expo 2013. Scheduled to begin on October 4 and continue through October 6, the Expo will include a variety of events showcasing games from large developers as well as independent teams.
Maxis’ successful franchise The Sims will see it’s fourth instalment ready to play on the show floor. While other titles for the Mac haven’t been announced, there is no doubt that a few games that will be shown, such as Batman: Arkham Origins and the next installment of the LEGO video game franchises, will eventually make their way onto the Mac.For more follow the link below.
EB Games Expo 2013 Preview
There has also been a dramatic expansion to the ‘Homegrown’ area which presents many Australian Indie games to visitors. Last year almost all of them had Mac versions and I would assume with the ever increasing amount of Macs in the market that it will be no different this year. These ambitious titles exploring new ideas outside the norm are refreshing and generate excitement for what’s around the corner for not only Mac gaming but gaming as a whole.
EB Games Expo 2013
Megabyte Punch Taking A Swing At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Reptile Games' Megabyte Punch is now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The platform action title features 6 unique worlds, 150 customization parts to collect, and support for up to 4 players in local co-op mode.
As you travel through different environments, you battle other creatures to get their parts. Parts have their own powers and bonuses, like gun arms for a shoot ability or powerful hips for a devastating pelvic thrust attack. Then, using the abilities of your customized fighter, you can compete in the tournament or battle against other players in a destructible arena.Megabyte Punch is available now for $14.99 (USD).
The game takes place in an computer world where you protect the Heartcore of your village against the likes of the Valk Empire and the dreaded Khoteps in 6 different levels with each 3 stages and a boss fight!
- Chunky stylish graphics.
- 6 unique electro-worlds with boss fights.
- 150 parts to collect and endless combinations to customize your character.
- Pumpin' Electro Soundtrack.
- Compete in the tournament for rare parts.
- Up to 4 player local co-op and versus mode.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 400 MB HD Space
Buy Megabyte Punch
Saturday Morning RPG Coming To Macs This Thursday
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 10 comments
Mighty Rabbit Studios has announced that it will be releasing Saturday Morning RPG for Mac on Thurday, September 19. The Japanese style episodic RPG inspired by 80's cartoons follows the adventures of Marty Hall, a high school student with the ability to channel magic through everyday objects. He will have to use his powers to defeat the evil Commander Hood.
Saturday Morning RPG (SMRPG) follows the story of Martin “Marty” Hall, an average high school student who has been gifted a powerful ability to channel magic through everyday objects. With his newfound powers Marty has inadvertently attracted the ire of the world’s most heinous villain – the evil Commander Hood. This leads Marty into a series of dangerous plans that he must unravel to save the world (several times!).Saturday Morning RPG will be available for $5.99 at release, a price which includes the four currently available stand-alone episodes as well as all upcoming episodes.
SMRPG is a Japanese style RPG that allows players to build Marty’s power up throughout multiple stand alone episodes. Players can carry over stats, inventory, and even story decisions between these episodes (sometimes your actions in one episode will ripple into previous or future episodes!). Saturday Morning RPG is a truly unique and engrossing role-playing game experience that can not be missed!
- Active, timing-based combat inspired by classic JRPGs and legendary items from the 80s – use a Botchangers action figure to crush enemies as a semi-trailer truck, or a Joystick to start a video tennis barrage!
- Progression system that lets players grow their character’s abilities to match their play style and mix and match magical scratch-and-sniff stickers they collect in-game to boost powers, de-buff enemies, and more.
- Original soundtrack by legendary composers Vince DiCola, best known for his work on Transformers: The Animated Movie, and Kenny Meriedeth, who worked on musical scores for over 200 popular cartoons and shows including Duck Tales, X-Men, and Power Rangers.
- Full season of planned, self-contained episodes that will tell the full tale of SMRPG hero Martin "Marty" Michael Hall’s battle against the forces of evil!
Check out the links below for more information.
SMRPG B-Roll Footage
Saturday Morning RPG
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, September 16, 2013
Friday, September 13, 2013
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.