Strike Suit Zero Invades MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | 2 comments
Strike Suit Zero from Born Ready Games is now available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The outer space action title puts players in the cockpit of a Strike Suit, a fighter craft capable of transforming into a lethal suit of space armor. To save the earth they will need to engage in massive fleet battles, using all their dogfighting skills to survive.
In the year 2299, an interstellar war rages on. In a bid to save Earth from destruction, you must take control of the Strike Suit – a revolutionary fighter craft with the ability to transform into a lethal suit of space armor. Immerse yourself in massive fleet battles where your dog-fighting skills will directly affect the fate of the cosmos. Strike Suit Zero is available now for $19.99 (USD).
Strike Suit Zero (add to watch list)
Discover a colorful and vibrant universe, with an epic story where the fate of Earth hangs in the balance and your actions will determine the outcome: preventing Earth’s destruction is your immediate concern but preserving its future is your ultimate goal.
Engage intelligent enemy fighters and take on colossal capital ships, exploiting weak points in their super-structure to blow them apart. Upgrade your ships and customize your weapon load-outs to tailor combat to your tastes. Take advantage of four unique craft, including the Strike Suit, to experience dogfighting action as you’ve never seen it before.
This Is Space Combat Reborn.
- Fast, frantic space combat: freely engage multiple enemies, dogfight other pilots, fight massive fleet battles and defend vast structures.
- The Strike Suit: strategically switch from Pursuit Mode (speed and power) to Strike Mode (a powerful, highly maneuverable combat mode)
- Capital Ship Destruction: take capital ships apart piece by piece – take out their turrets or target weak-points to blow out entire sections of their superstructure.
- Multiple endings: your choices in game directly affect the state of Earth at the end of the game.
- Vibrant and vivid universe: space is far from the dark, featureless void it’s supposed to be. Discover the color and vibrancy of the Strike Suit universe across 13 unique locations.
- Ship Designs from renowned Mechanical Design engineer Junji Okubo (Appleseed: Ex Machina, Steel Battalion.)
- Music from award-winning composer Paul Ruskay (Homeworld) including a collaboration with Japanese singer/songwriter Kokia (Tales of Innocence, Gunslinger Girl: II Teatrino)
- Joystick compatible: as well as being fully optimized for mouse and keyboard, and gamepads, Strike Suit Zero is compatible with a range of joysticks for full immersion.
- Multi-screen support: play the game across three monitors, and discover the Strike Suit universe in all its widescreen glory.
Mac OS X 10.8.3 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 3 GB HD Space
- ATI Radeon HD 4670
- NVIDIA GeForce 320M
- Intel Hd Graphics 3000
Buy Strike Suit Zero
Aspyr Says Farewell To Snow Leopard
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 20 comments
Aspyr Media has announced it will discontinue support for OS X 10.6: Snow Leopard, once Apple releases OS X 10.9: Mavericks. Future patches and upgrades for its game titles will no longer work on machines running 10.6. The first games to lose Snow Leopard compatibility will be Star Wars Jedi Academy, Star Wars Jedi Knight II, and Call of Duty.
What This MeansFor more information follow the link below.
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
This means all future releases of Aspyr games, as well as any patches and updates for existing Aspyr games, will no longer work on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). To continue to play the latest Mac games, we recommend upgrading your computer or operating system to the latest version of OS X.
Why did Aspyr stop supporting Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)?
Each new version of an operating system that Apple releases contains significant changes that Mac developers must adapt to. Reacting to the quickly changing OS environment on the Mac requires non-trivial resources, meaning Mac developers must make decisions about how to invest these resources.
Currently 8% of our existing audience is on Mac OS X 10.6, down from 16% in January. With the release of Mavericks we anticipate this reducing further, and therefore we believe our efforts should be focused on supporting the growing audience.
How do I find out what games are affected?
We suggest you follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus, or subscribe to our thread on support.aspyr.com.
The first set of games that will no longer support OS X 10.6 are below. These games are being updated because of known bugs introduced in Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks).
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Call of Duty
Combat Mission BFN: Market Garden - Master Maps Detailed
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Battlefront.com has revealed new details about the upcoming Combat Mission Battle for Normandy: Market Garden, an expansion for the WWII ground warfare tactical simulator. The newly released information offers specifics about player accessible master maps, giving scenario designers access to historically accurate 3D maps of some World War II battlefields.
In Market Garden players will get the chance to recreate the failed Allied attempt to cross the Rhine and enter Germany in 1944. The expansion will feature two new campaigns, new bridges, new map tools, new scenarios, master maps, new units, and new equipment.
The introduction of the map editor overlay made it possible for designers to make much more accurate maps, based on their real counterparts. However making those maps with all the details they require is still a job that requires patience, skill, attention to detail and of course quite a bit of time.Combat Mission Battle for Normandy: Market Garden can be pre-ordered now for $35 plus S&H. Battlefront.com plans to ship the module in 4-6 weeks.
CMBFN: Market Garden Master Maps
Master maps have been used before internally to ensure consistency in all battles fought in the same area. What is new this time around is that we are providing the player with those clean master maps so he can go straight to making his own scenarios skipping all the research and time that making them would demand.
Most players will want to cut an area of these maps to use in their own scenarios rather than use it in full. If a bridge needs to be cut a half bridge can be used in its place.
Another interesting facet of the inclusion of master maps is that having an accurate 3d battlefield to explore leads to a dramatically improved understanding of the battles fought in those areas. It is far easier to understand the distances involved and the problems both sides faced as they fought it out in the Arnhem area when you can look at a working 3D model of the battlefield.
Players can take advantage of this by loading them in the editor and moving around in 3D view.
The 7 "master maps" are huge maps, historically accurate, detailed and thoroughly researched, depicting the main areas around the bridges where most of the fighting happened:
These master maps will help scenario designers in creating their own scenarios without the burden of having to create the maps from scratch. The maps can be cut to encompass smaller areas for individual battles.
- Johana Hoeve
- Arnhem Road Bridge
- Oosterhout ( north of Nijmegen)
- West Nijmegen
Combat Mission BFN: Market Garden (add to watch list)
XCOM: Enemy Within Developer Video Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
2K and Firaxis recently released a developer narrated game demo video for XCOM: Enemy Within, an upcoming expansion for XCOM: Enemy Unknown. The footage features some of the new weapons, abilities, enemies, and maps planned for Enemy Within.
XCOM: Enemy Within vastly improves upon the experience of XCOM: Enemy Unknown with an incredible amount of new content. On PC and Mac, XCOM: Enemy Within features additional content that can be enjoyed with previously purchased copies of XCOM: Enemy Unknown. XCOM: Enemy Within will also be available on Xbox 360 and PS3™ system as the XCOM: Enemy Within – Commander Edition** - a standalone pack that expands the XCOM: Enemy Unknown experience featuring the new XCOM: Enemy Within content and the add-on content that was previously released for XCOM: Enemy Unknown, including the Elite Soldier Pack and Slingshot Content Pack.Check out the new video at the link below.
XCOM: Enemy Within Developer Video
Key features for XCOM: Enemy Within will include:
XCOM: Enemy Within is rated M for Mature by the ESRB and will be available in North America on November 12, 2013 and internationally on November 15, 2013. XCOM: Enemy Within will be available for Windows PC and Mac for $29.99, and will be available for Xbox 360 and PS3™ system for $39.99 as the XCOM: Enemy Within – Commander Edition. For more information on XCOM: Enemy Within, become a fan on Facebook, follow 2K on Twitter and visit the official web site.
- New Soldier Abilities: Research a new alien technology to advance the capabilities of operatives:
- Gene Mods: Construct the Genetics Lab to physically enhance operatives’ abilities, including augmentations to the chest, brain, eyes, skin and legs.
- MECs: Build the Cybernetics Lab to enable the construction of the new Mechanized Exoskeletal Cybersuit, or MEC. The new MEC Trooper class has specialized abilities and each suit can be upgraded with new weapons including the flamethrower, grenade launcher and more.
- New Weapons and Equipment: Give operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from the engineering team in the Foundry;
- New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from a host of new enemies, including the Mechtoid;
- New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield and use it carefully back at base to unlock new research and upgrades;
- New Tactical Challenges and Maps: Face new tactical challenges, on nearly 50% more maps;
- New Multiplayer Maps, Units and Abilities: Create custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate opponents in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
XCOM: Enemy Within for PC and Mac requires XCOM: Enemy Unknown to play. XCOM: Enemy Within – Commander Edition is a standalone expanded experience that includes all XCOM: Enemy Unknown content and two add-on content packs: the Elite Soldier Pack the Slingshot Content Pack. XCOM: Enemy Within – Commander Edition does not require XCOM: Enemy Unknown to play.
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
XCOM: Enemy Within (add to watch list)
Buy XCOM: Enemy Within
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, September 6, 2013
Thursday, September 5, 2013
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Monday, September 2, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.