BioShock Infinite & DLC Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Aspyr Media's BioShock Infinite has launched for Mac users. Developed by Irrational Games and brought to the Mac by Aspyr, BioShock Infinite introduces an "entirely new narrative experience that lifts players out of the familiar confines of Rapture and rockets them to Columbia, an immense city in the sky."
Set in 1912, players assume the role of former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt, sent to the lost city to rescue Elizabeth, a young woman imprisoned there since childhood. During their daring escape, Booker and Elizabeth form a powerful bond – one that lets Booker augment his own abilities with her world-altering control over the environment. Together, they fight foes in high-speed Sky-Line battles, engage in combat both indoors and amongst the clouds, and harness the power of dozens of new weapons and abilities.Aspyr has also released the Columbia's Finest DLC, and will be releasing Clash in the Clouds in September:
With the original BioShock, Irrational Games won "Game of the Year" awards from Game Informer, IGN, G4's X-Play, and BAFTA and redefined what players expect from a first-person shooter. Bioshock Infinite has won over 75 editorial awards, including the Game Critics Awards’ Best of Show during E3 2011.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion)
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- CPU Speed: 2.2GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 30 GB
- Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 3870
- Video Card (NVidia): Geforce 640M
- Video Memory (VRam): 512 MB
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
- Supported Video Cards:
Gamepad support: Bioshock Infinite supports both the Xbox 360 wired gamepad AND the PlayStation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller
- NVIDIA GeForce® 640M, 650M, 660M, 675MX, 680MX
- ATI Radeon HD 3870, HD 4850, HD 5670, HD 5750, HD 5770, HD 5870, HD 6750, HD 6770, HD 6970
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- NOTICE: The following video chipsets are unsupported for Bioshock Infinite:
- ATI RADEON HD 2000 Series
- ATI RADEON HD 4670
- ATI RADEON HD 6490M, 6630M
- NVIDIA 9000 Series
- NVIDIA 320M, 330M
- Intel HD 3000
- Intel Integrated GMA 950
- Intel Integrated x3100
- NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)
Columbia's Finest:Bioshock Infinite is available for $39.99 (USD), Columbia's Finest is $4.99 (USD), and Clash in the Clouds can be pre-ordered for $4.99 (USD).
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
Get ahead of the game!
Start your game with 500 Silver Eagles (in-game currency), 5 Lock Picks to help you navigate through Columbia, and six unique Gear items. The Gear items in this pack, Handyman Nemesis, Sugar Rush, Fleet Feet, Bull Rush, Extra! Extra!, and Betrayer provide damage bonuses, movement speed bonuses or loot bonuses. In addition, this download grants access to two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.
Clash in the Clouds:
Are you up to the challenge?
BioShock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds is an action-focused downloadable content pack that presents players with a series of unique, intense challenges and a whole new gambit of combat opportunities. Players will combine a diverse toolset of weapons, Vigors, gear, Tears and Sky-Lines in four new areas inspired by the classic BioShock Infinite environments. In addition, by completing all 60 Blue Ribbon challenges, players will unlock exclusives in the Columbian Archeological Society, gaining access to new Voxophones, Kinetoscopes, concept art and more.
BioShock Infinite (add to watch list)
Buy BioShock Infinite
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 8 comments
Electronic Arts has announced today as the release date for SimCity for Mac. Development of the latest incarnation of the popular city building sim is being led by Maxis. SimCity Mac features "the same deep, rich gameplay that will define the PC experience as players on both platforms compete or collaborate to create a new world, together."
The defining city simulation is back! Create the city you desire and make the choices that shape your city and power the Sims within it. Every decision, big or small, has real consequences. Invest in heavy industry and your economy will soar—but at the expense of your Sims’ health as pollution spreads. Implement green technology and improve your Sims’ lives while risking higher taxes and unemployment. Team up with your friends to solve global challenges: launch a space shuttle, reduce carbon emissions, or build magnificent wonders. Compete on global and regional leaderboards to be the richest, the dirtiest, the happiest or the best place to visit!Learn more at the links below.
Electronic Arts (add to watch list)
Limited Edition Bonus Content
- Constructible Worlds — Creative and customizable world that offers unique gameplay benefits, all with a fun tactile interface.
- Sims Matter — The Sims in your city speak to you directly and it’s up to you to respond to their needs. Will you listen and be the toast of the town? Or abuse your power for fame and fortune
- Specialize in What You Love — Mold your city as a casino resort, manufacturing hub, educational enclave, and more, and then watch as a unique look and feel spread throughout your city.
- Multiplayer — Build a region with friends for the first time! Collaborate or compete in regional and global challenges and make decisions that impact the greater SimCity World.
- GlassBox Engine — SimCity introduces GlassBox, the revolutionary simulation technology that gives you the power to impact individual Sims lives, manage city level simulation, and balance multiple city simulations at once.
New Characters - Protector of SimCity MaxisMan vs. The Evil Dr. Vu and his henchman.Requirements:
Crime Waves - The Evil Dr. Vu is loose and will create havoc in your city. Normal police have their hands full against this Super Villain. The Evil Dr. Vu will solicit Sims to become his henchmen and carry out his dastardly deeds.
Super Hero HQ - Place MaxisMan's headquarters in your city to combat crime and keep your Sims safe. Upgrade with the Turbo Machine garage and the Reticulator landing pad.
Evil Villain Lair - Place Dr. Vu's Lair in your city to unleash a crime wave. As The Evil Dr. Vu commits more crimes, upgrade his lair with a special laboratory and a garage for the Evil VuMobile.
- Mac OS X 10.7.5
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 12 GB HD Space
- ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
SimCity (add to watch list)
The Chaos Engine Unleashed
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Mastertronic and Abstraction Games will be releasing The Chaos Engine today. Originally developed for the Amiga computer by The Bitmap Brothers, the classic top-down shooter will be available for Mac, Windows, and Linux PCs.
Prepare for the dark world of The Chaos Engine, a steampunk Victorian age in which one or two players must fight the hostile creations of the Chaos Engine across four dynamic landscapes and take part in the ultimate battle. Check out the pages below for more.
The Chaos Engine (add to watch list)
Choose from six hard-nailed mercenaries each with their own unique weapons and skills.
Those who have the strength and skill to overturn the Chaos Engine will be remembered.
- Battle through four unique worlds in single player or online and local co-op modes.
- Play in ‘Enhanced mode’ or ‘Classic mode’ with its original graphics and controls for the true Amiga experience.
- Gamepad support with optional 16-directional movement.
- Steam achievements to test the mettle of both new players and old fans.
- Relive the classic 90’s Richard Joseph soundtrack.
- OS: OS X 10.7 or later
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce 6200 or ATI Radeon X300
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 400 MB available space
Buy The Chaos Engine
The Raven: Legacy Of A Master Thief 2nd Chapter Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Nordic Games has announced that Ancestry Of Lies, the second chapter of the point and click adventure The Raven – Legacy Of A Master Thief, is now available for Mac, Windows, and Linux PCs. In the second chapter, players experience the ’heist’ part of the story for the first time and switch perspectives.
“It’s been incredibly fun to work alongside the guys at KING Art on The Raven and the reception of the game has been fantastic,” said Martin Kreuch, Producer at Nordic Games. “One of our objectives with this game was to keep players guessing, right up until the very end of chapter 3, and from the community feedback we’ve received we’re on track with that.”For more information follow the links below.
The Raven - Legacy Of A Master Thief Deluxe Edition (add to watch list)
“In the second chapter of the game we’ve crammed it full lots of twists and turns that will keep players guessing. This part of the story is a real gem; even though we want to progress with the genre, we also wanted to keep the classic elements that players already love,” said Jan Theysen, Creative Director at KING Art. “We’ve struck a fine balance between focusing on speeding up the gameplay and creating a deep and interesting story which charms players, but also broadens our audience.”
The Raven – Legacy Of A Master Thief is a crime tale set across 1960s Europe which will immerse players in both sides of the story, as players adopt the role of the thief and the investigator. Elements of a whodunit-mystery and a heist-story are combined as players follow The Raven’s trademark black clues.
The daring hunt across Europe is a story that features more camera shots and character animation than all of KING Art’s previous point and click adventures put together. Journeying through thrilling and dense atmospheres with the aim of catching the thief players will follow his trademark black feather clues to capture him and protect the legendary sapphire, the "Eye of the Sphinx".
Buy The Raven - Legacy Of A Master Thief Deluxe Edition
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Monday, August 26, 2013
Friday, August 23, 2013
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.