|Thursday, August 29, 2013|
Metro: Last Light Coming To Macs September 10
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 4 comments
Deep Silver and 4A Games have officially confirmed that a dedicated Mac version of Metro: Last Light will be released on September 10th. The first person shooter with survival horror elements takes place in a post apocalyptic future in which players must struggle to survive against mutants and the perils of a looming civil war.
“The Mac and Linux versions of Metro: Last Light are further testimony to the power and flexibility of the 4A Engine,” said Oles Shishkovstov, Chief Technical Officer at 4A Games. “Development was handled in house by 4A games, and we are very happy with the results. We hope that Mac & Linux gamers will appreciate our efforts to create the best possible version for their machines.”Check out the sites below to learn more.
Metro: Last Light
Metro: Last Light on Steam will support Steam Play, meaning that owners of any Steam version will automatically find the game added to their PC, Mac and Linux Steam libraries.
It is the year 2034.
Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside – and within.
Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above. But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever.
As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival – the last light in our darkest hour…
A GRIPPING, STORY-DRIVEN FIRST PERSON SHOOTER
Metro: Last Light is the hugely anticipated sequel to 2010’s critically acclaimed cultclassic Metro 2033.
METRO SERIES INFORMATION
- Experience thrilling combat with an exotic arsenal of hand-made weaponry against deadly foes – both human and mutant – and use stealth to launch attacks under the cover of darkness
- Explore the post-apocalyptic world of the Moscow Metro, one of the most immersive, atmospheric game worlds ever created
- Fight for every bullet and every last breath in a claustrophobic blend of survival horror and FPS gameplay
- Next generation technology boasting stunning lighting and physics sets a new graphical benchmark on both console and PC
The game picks up after the "bad" ending from Metro 2033, in which Artyom delivers a devastating attack on the mysterious supernatural race known as the Dark Ones. The station-cities of the Metro struggle for power using weapons found in D6.The player follows Artyom, the main protagonist from Metro 2033, as he searches for the mysterious "Prisoner", the supposed “key to survival – the last light in our darkest hour…”
Buy Metro: Last Light
Pre-Order Memoria Now
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Daedalic Entertainment's Memoria is available to pre-order now at Mac Game Store. The point-and-click adventure game gives players the chance to experience two connected stories, with two main characters: Sadja, a southern princess with a desire to become a hero, and Geron, a bird catcher seeking to free his love from an evil curse.
Two stories, two main characters, one epic experience: in Memoria, players travel through different time periods, while following two distinct protagonists: Sadja, a southern princess who wants to be a war hero, and Geron, a bird catcher who wants to lift a curse from his girlfriend. The game combines point & click gameplay with unique magic skills.Memoria is available to pre-order now for $19.99 (USD).
Sadja, a Southern princess, has an unstoppable desire to become the greatest hero in history – by joining and succeeding in the biggest war Aventuria has ever seen: The war of the Mages, fought in the middle of an uninhabitable desert.
Bird catcher Geron lives almost 450 years after the Great War. Geron’s eternal love, Nuri, has been turned into a crow by an evil curse. To give her back her human form, Geron needs the help of the mysterious merchant Fahi, who has magical powers. But Fahi is only willing to help Geron if he agrees to solve a puzzle which Fahi has seen in his dreams. The quest for answers soon leads to a chain of events that connects both Sadja's and Geron's stories, threatening to turn the present into a grim reflection of a long forgotten past.
Memoria combines classic point & click adventure gameplay with the features of The Dark Eye, one of the most successful RPG universes known in the fantasy world. Point & click adventure game puzzles get a unique twist by adding magical features – and a wise, talking staff. Over eight chapters, players control both Sadja’s and Geron’s fates, involuntarily interacting with each other and bridging over 500 years of time. Each chapter in Memoria features opulent graphics, epic locations, a thrilling fantasy crime story and a unique puzzle design that differs from chapter to chapter.
- Epic fantasy soundtrack and high quality voiceover to draw you deep into the game
- Dive into the world of The Dark Eye, and explore mystical places such as Draconia, an ancient temple built by dragons
- Follow the story of two unique characters through two different time periods
- Beautifully hand-drawn 2D backgrounds and high quality 3D game characters
- From the creator of The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav, The Whispered World and Deponia
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 2 GHz Dual Core Intel Mac
- 2.5 GB RAM
- 10 GB HD Space
Supreme Commander 2 Now At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Virtual Programming's Supreme Commander 2 is available now for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The real time strategy game drops players into the middle of a war between three galactic empires and gives them the chance to command enormous armies comprised of a host of customizable units.
Supreme Commander 2 is the next installment in the award-winning Supreme Commander series that boasts numerous game enhancements, in-depth Campaign Mode, multiplayer online and a unique storyline that represents a new dimension in real-time strategy gaming. Supreme Commander 2 is available now for $19.95 (USD).
Gas Powered Games
As one of three enigmatic commanders, you must strive to achieve global supremacy by forging vast armies over land, air and sea, complete with experimental war machines that could tip the balance of power at any moment. Prepare to experience brutal warfare on a breathtaking scale!
Set 25 years after the events of the original game, Supreme Commander 2 begins with the assassination of the newly elected president of the Colonial Defense Coalition. The CDC members - the United Earth Federation, the Order of the Illuminate, and the Cybran Nation - deny involvement, blame each other and a galactic war ensues!
- Take on the role of three enigmatic commanders, former friends from each of the unique factions - The United Earth Federation (UEF), The Illuminate and the Cybran Nation - who get dragged into a conflict of galactic consequences
- Explore a rich, character-driven single-player game which spans over 18 missions and delivers a new level of emotional connection to the real-time strategy genre, or take the battle online for an exhilarating multiplayer experience
- Fight action-packed battles on a massive scale, waging war with enormous land, air and naval units in visually spectacular environments, brought to life by all-new rendering technology and a true evolution of real-time strategy controls
- Upgrade and customise armies with new weapons and technology and deploy them instantly on the battlefield, turning a base-level tank into a high-powered, multi-barreled, anti-aircraft-sporting multipurpose battle unit
- Deploy wild experimental war machines that can change the balance of power at any given moment. Experience a streamlined economy and redesigned UI that put the focus squarely on combat, battlefield tactics and high-level strategic decision making, and give improved player feedback in Strategic Zoom view
- Mac OS X 10.6.3 or later
- 2.2 GHz Intel Mac
- 1 GB RAM
- 5 GB HD Space
- 256 VRAM
Important Notes: Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
- ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
Supreme Commander 2
Buy Supreme Commander 2
Tropico 5 Screens Unveiled
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Blue's News has posted a new collection of screenshots from Kalypso Media's upcoming Tropico 5. The next instalment of the city-builder series is currently in development at Haemimont Studios and is slated for a 2014 release. Kalypso will release Tropico 5 for a variety of platforms including Mac OS X.
You, as El Presidente, will first take control of the infamous island of Tropico during early colonial times and then guide it through the centuries as the world changes and moves ever forward. You must tackle the changing needs of your people, as well as opposing governments and factions, and thus lay the foundations for your own dynasty. As you move through your years in office you can promote members of your extended family on the island to positions of power: such as ambassador, commanding general or even Supreme Ruler, to ensure your legacy thrives through the eras. As your influence and wealth grows, so do the threats to your burgeoning island superpower. Can you survive both World Wars, prosper through the Great Depression, rule as an iron-fisted dictator through the Cold War and advance your country to modern times and beyond? From the 19th to the 21st century, each era carries its own challenges and opportunities.For more information on Tropico 5 visit the website linked below.
Blue's News: Tropico 5 Screenshots
As well as a wealth of other new features, including advanced trading mechanics, technology, scientific research trees and island exploration, Tropico 5 will add cooperative and competitive multiplayer for up to four players for the first time in the series’ history! Viva El Presidente!
Features of Tropico 5
- The Eras - From the 19th century to the 21st, each era carries its own challenges and opportunities. Begin your reign during colonial times and advance your nation through the modern era and into the future!
- The Dynasty – Each member of El Presidente’s extended family is present on the island and may be appointed to key leadership positions, earning skills and experience in their assigned roles.
- Research and Renovate - Advance your nation by discovering new buildings, technologies and resources. Transform your old buildings into modernized, hyper-efficient designs worthy of an economic superpower!
- Advanced trade system and trade fleet - Amass a global trade fleet and use your ships to secure import/export trade routes to neighbouring islands and key nations.
- Explore your island - Discover what lies beyond the fog of war. Send prospectors to look for new mineral and ore deposits, but be wary of hostile animals and native tribes.
- All new art - All artwork is reworked to provide Tropico 5 with a distinct historic visual identity. Choose from over 100 unique buildings from each of the individual eras.
- Cooperative and competitive multiplayer – Up to four players can build up their own cities and economies on any given island map. Players can share resources and citizens, or declare war on each other.
Buy Tropico 5
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Monday, August 26, 2013
Friday, August 23, 2013
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.