Europa Universalis IV Now Available
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio have announced the release of the empire-building game Europa Universalis IV. The game gives players the chance to choose from more than 250 countries to lead through more than 300 years of gameplay.
In addition to the standard release of Europa Universalis IV Paradox is also offering a Digital Extreme Edition. The extras included in the extreme edition are 50 new Muslim themed event pictures and several new events for Muslim nations; 12 unique cavalry modes for the Ottoman, Mamluk, and Persian nations; and the Conquest of Constantinople Music Pack, which includes 3 tracks spanning 10 minutes of new music.
Paradox Development Studio is ready to take you to worlds both old and new in Europa Universalis IV, and give you the chance to conquer them – if you can withstand the double-dealing and aggression of your rivals. Europa Universalis IV gives you control of a nation to guide it through the years and create a dominant global empire in the Age of Discovery. The game offers unprecedented freedom through the use of exploration, trade, warfare and diplomacy to let you rule however you see fit. Strategists will face ruthless AI in an extensive single-player campaign, or be able to backstab friends and foes in 32-player online matches.Europa Universalis IV is available now for $39.99 (USD). The Europa Universalis IV Digital Extreme Edition can be purchase for $44.99 (USD).
Paradox Interactive (add to watch list)
The Digital Extreme Edition includes the following:
- Make your own decisions: Nation building is flexible. Decide your own form of government, the structure of your society, trade politics and more. The possibilities are endless
- Use your Monarch Power: Experience the new system of monarch power where your choices are influenced by the caliber of the man you have at the top. Do you have a warrior King? Then it is time to make war
- Experience history come to life: The great people and personalities of the past are on hand to support you. Thousands of historical events guide you, creating a unique atmosphere depending on the country you play
- The world is now your playground: Players can enjoy over 300 years of gameplay with a lush topographic map in full 3D. Lead any one of more than 250 countries that originally existed during the game’s extensive time span
- Experience the all new trade system: The trade system adds a new dimension to the great trade empires of the period. Seize control of key ports to expand your trade, support it with your powerful fleet and the wealth of the world will flow to you
- Bring out your diplomatic skills: Deeper diplomatic gameplay with coalitions, threats, fleet basing rights and detailed support for rebels. Featuring a new unilateral opinion system that, for example, allows a country to dislike you while you remain neutral towards them
- Engage in Multiplayer: Battle against your friends or try the co-operative multiplayer mode that allows several players to work together to control a single nation with up to 32 players. Featuring hotjoin, improved chat, new matchmaking servers and support for a standalone servers
- Create your own history & customize your game: Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire
- STAR AND CRESCENT - 50 new Muslim themed event pictures, as well as several new events for the Muslim nations
- HORSEMEN OF THE CRESCENT UNIT PACK - 12 unique cavalry modes for the Ottoman, Mamluk, and Persian nations. This enhances the visual experience of EUIV.
- CONQUEST OF CONSTANTINOPLE MUSIC PACK - 3 tracks containing 10 new minutes of music masterly composed by Andreas Waldetoft
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- 2 GHz Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 2 GB HD Space
- 1 GB VRAM
- AMD Radeon HD 6750M
- NVIDIA GeForce 320M
- Intel Graphics Not Supported
- Requires Steam and a Steam Account to play
Europa Universalis IV (add to watch list)
Europa Universalis IV Digital Extreme Edition (add to watch list)
Europa Universalis IV Trailer
Buy Europa Universalis IV Digital Extreme Edition
Infinite Space 3: Sea Of Stars Starships Revealed
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Digital Eel has released a brief status update for Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars, a sequel to Strange Adventures in Infinite Space and Weird Worlds: Return To Infinite Space. In addition to a brief note on the game's progress, the update includes new screens of some of the game's spaceships. The game will continue the unique sci-fi roguelike style of the originals with the addition of a 3D universe and a variety of new material and gameplay options.
Before engaging the hyperdrive, I'd like to show you a few things. Almost the entire Muktian and Tan Ru fleets are now in the game, with cool new procedural textures. You will come to fear the latest addition to the list of Tan Ru ships beginning with a letter D - the Dominator!Check out the links below for more.
Infiniste Space 3 Update
Our artists are also picking a few select pieces of Sea of Stars art to be printed for Kickstarter backers in the $50 tier and above.
Last but not least, we have spectacular new combat music from Edwin and a medley of ambient soundscapes by Rich. I think you will agree Sea of Stars is on track to be the most aurally rich Digital Eel experience yet!
Infinite Space 3: Sea Of Stars (add to watch list)
Mac Gamer HQ Giving Away A Copy Of RollerCoaster Tycoon 3
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Mac Gamer HQ has announced it will be giving away a free copy of Aspyr Media's RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum. Licensed from Atari Interactive, the Platinum collection includes RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Soaked!, and for the first time on the Mac, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Wild!.
Now for the really good news: StackSocial is giving us a free copy to giveaway here, exclusively to Mac Gamer HQ readers. As always, you will need to use the widget below to participate. The more actions you perform, the higher your chances to win.Read more at the page listed below.
Mac Gamer HQ: RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Giveaway
At the end of the giveaway, next Wednesday at midnight, a random winner will be selected.
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
RCT3 Platinum (add to watch list)
Buy RCT3 Platinum
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Monday, August 12, 2013
Friday, August 9, 2013
Thursday, August 8, 2013
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.