Civilization V: Brave New World Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
The Mac version of Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World from 2K and Firaxis Games is now available. The second expansion pack for Civilization V was brought to Mac by Aspyr Media, and introduces international trade and a renewed focus on culture and diplomacy. The expansion also introduces nine new civilizations, eight new wonders, two new scenarios, four new gameplay systems and dozens of new units, buildings and improvements.
Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Brave New World provides new depth and replayability through the introduction of international trade and a focus on culture and diplomacy. The player’s influence around the world will be impacted by creating a number of Great Works across a variety of crafts, choosing an ideology for their civilization, and proposing global resolutions in the new World Congress. As players move through the ages of history, they will make critical decisions that influence relationships with all civilizations in the game world.Civilization V: Brave New World is available now for $29.99 (USD).
Firaxis Games (add to watch list)
Key features include:
- New Civilizations, Units and Buildings: The expansion features nine new civilizations, each with unique traits, units, buildings and all-new leaders, including Casimir III of Poland.
- New Culture Victory: Spread your culture across the globe, dominating all other cultures. Create masterpieces with Great Artists, Writers, and Musicians that are placed in key buildings across your empire, like Museums, Opera Houses and even the Great Library. Use Archaeologists to investigate sites of ancient battles and city ruins for priceless cultural artifacts. Become the first civilization with a majority influence in all other civilizations to achieve a Culture Victory, becoming the envy of the world.
- World Congress: The importance of diplomacy is intensified and city-state alliances are more important than ever. Change the diplomatic landscape through a new World Congress that votes on critical issues like implementing trade sanctions against rogue nations, limiting resource usage, designating host cities for the World Games and the use of nuclear weapons. Game-changing resolutions, vote trading, intrigue, and a new lead into the Diplomatic Victory ensures that the end of the game will be more dynamic than ever before.
- International Trade Routes: Build your cities into hubs of international trade by land and sea, creating great wealth and prosperity for your people, while also spreading religion, cultural influence, and science. The number of trade routes increases through the advancement of economics and technologies, the creation of wonders and the unique abilities of your civilization. Will you connect to a closer city for a lower payoff and a safer route, choose a longer route with more risk for the bigger payoff, or perhaps point your trade route inward, sending vitally important food and production to the far corners of your own empire?
- New Wonders: Eight new Wonders are introduced, including the Parthenon, Broadway, the Uffizi, and more.
- New Game Scenarios: Two new scenarios let gamers fight the “War Between the States” and embark on the epic Scramble for Africa. Fight the American Civil War from either the Union or Confederate side, as you focus on the critical action in the Eastern theatre of operations between the capital cities of Richmond and Washington. In “Scramble for Africa”, the great colonial powers of the world are racing to explore the Dark Continent and extend their reach into its interior. Search for great natural wonders in the heart of Africa, as you explore a dynamically-generated continent each time you play.
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
Civilization V: Brave New World (add to watch list)
Buy Civilization V: Brave New World
Airport Madness: Time Machine
6:00 AM | IMG News | 2 comments
Big Fat Simulations' Airport Madness: Time Machine is available now for purchase from Macgamestore.com. The sim title puts players in the role of an air traffic controller working to keep the skies as safe as possible for the passengers in the planes above. This time the series offers a unique twist in the form of time travel, sending players back to the year 1925 and allowing them to experience air travel through the ages.
This is the fifth edition of Airport Madness. You are an air traffic controller in the year 1925. As time progresses, your small grass airfield grows up into a major international airport in 1970. Witness WW2, the flying mail service in the 1920's, the breaking of the sound barrier, and birth of the passenger jet.Airport Madness: Time Machine is available now for $14.99 (USD).
Airport Madness: Time Machine (add to watch list)
- 60 different levels;
- 40 different aircraft types;
- 3 different eras, including future, plus an '1802 steampunk' era.
- Intel Mac
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
Buy Airport Madness: Time Machine
Drox Operative: Invasion Of The Ancients Pre-Order Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Soldak Entertainment has announced that it is now accepting pre-orders for Drox Operative: Invasion of the Ancients, the first expansion for the starship action RPG. Scheduled for a release in the third quarter of this year, the add-on will focus on a galactic invasion by the older races known as Ancients. Players will have to defend both the Drox Operative Guild and the younger races in the galaxy from the sinister threat.
Drox Operative: Invasion of the Ancients is the first expansion for Drox Operative. Drox Operative is a starship action RPG with warring alien races, fierce space battles, a dynamic, evolving galaxy, and co-op multiplayer for Windows and Mac.Learn more at the link below.
Drox Operative: Invasion Of The Ancients (add to watch list)
Before the Drox ruled the galaxy, before they were even sentient, there were older races now known as the Ancients. Using their Operatives, the Drox crushed and enslaved most of these races. The rest fled known space. When the Drox turned on their own Operatives, the Drox were utterly destroyed. Newer races emerged and thrived in the power void, never knowing the menace waited. Seizing their chance, the Ancients are invading to take their rightful place in the galaxy, as rulers! Thirsting for revenge, the Ancients can't harm the extinct Drox, but they can crush the next best thing, the Drox Operatives.
The Ancient enemies are back! Can you defend the Drox Operative Guild and younger races against the Invasion of the Ancients?
Gamers who pre-order the expansion will receive full access to the latest beta build, a reduced pre-order price of only $8.99, the opportunity to give Soldak feedback on our forums which can influence the game, and of course, the final version when it becomes available.
- Defend against ancient race invasions
- Destroy or defend space stations (military and production)
- Guide the evolution of persistent galaxies
- Design components with socketable chips
- Play as or against the new race, the Scavenger
- Battle new Talon, Legion, and Overlord monsters
- Solve new quests and equip new components
Soldak Entertainment (add to watch list)
Drox Operative (add to watch list)
Buy Drox Operative
Solve Asian Riddles At Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
8 Floor Games' Asian Riddles is now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The puzzle title introduces gamers to nonograms, Japanese crosswords, and challenges them to complete 108 levels in 9 locations.
Dive into the world of Japanese crosswords (nonograms) as you enjoy more than four hours of gameplay in the most beautiful parts of Asia. With over 108 unique levels to discover in nine magnificent locations, this game is sure to charm you!Asian Riddles is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Asian Riddles (add to watch list)
- 108 unique levels
- 9 magnificent locations
- Spectacular trophies
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 512 MB RAM
- 30 MB HD Space
Buy Asian Riddles
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Monday, July 8, 2013
Friday, July 5, 2013
Thursday, July 4, 2013
Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.