Expeditions: Conquistador Invades MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
Mac Game Store has added bitComposer's Expeditions: Conquistador to its list of game titles available for download and purchase. Players take the role of a Spanish Conquistadores and must decide whether to engage in brutal battle or peaceful diplomacy in this turn-based strategy game.
Discover a new world! In the middle of the 16th century Spanish explorers and warriors reached the shores of America, the famous Conquistadores. Expeditions: Conquistador is available now for $19.99 (USD).
Expeditions: Conquistador (add to watch list)
They ventured into territory no European has entered before in the search for gold, fame and adventure. What they found was a world completely alien to them – bringing civilization as well as war and terror to the native tribes.
You are one the conquistadores: Choose your path wisely! Every action has its consequences – you can choose to battle the savages and civilize the vast green jungles, or you can side with the natives and defend their homeland against the foreign invasion.
Each battle will define your fate …
- Discover the new world! Travel to legendary places in America and make your way to the mysterious El Dorado.
- Create your own army! Train your recruits and lead them into battle. Watch them grow from inexperienced newbies into seasoned warriors.
- It takes all sorts to build an army: Make sure you have covered each area of expertise.
- Each character in your troop is an unique character. If he or she dies it will tear a deep hole in your strategies
- Take care of supplies, trade cunningly and watch your enemies – and beware of false friends.
- Get through the main quest or engage in several side quests – more than 150 quests await.
- Brutal battles or peaceful diplomacy: Solve all encounters on the 70 battle grounds your way!
- Travel a huge world map filled with authentic and legendary locations
- Engage your friends in multiplayer battles – either via hot seat or TCP/ICP.
- As retro as it gets: The best turn based strategy from yesteryears in a modern look and feel.
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later
- 2.6 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 1.1 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon X1900 XT
- NVIDA GeForce 8600M GT
Buy Expeditions: Conquistador
Knife Fighting In Overgrowth
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Wolfire recently unveiled some new alpha footage from Overgrowth, the spiritual successor to the 3D martial arts action title, Lugaru. The video showcases some of the progress the developer has made so far, offering a glimpse of arena round types and knife fighting action.
How will Overgrowth be different from Lugaru?Click over to the link below to learn more.
Overgrowth Alpha Footage
While Overgrowth will be inheriting the spirit of Lugaru's tried and true combat system, it will also benefit from every cutting edge feature that our new Phoenix Engine has to offer. Fans can expect better graphics, better physics, more characters, more moves, great mod support, and co-operative multiplay.
What kinds of characters will there be in Overgrowth?
We are planning to include 5 character types in Overgrowth: rabbits, wolves, cats, rats and dogs. The main character is Turner, the rabbit from Lugaru.
Will Overgrowth be an open world game?
Many people have asked this, and everyone seems to have a slightly different definition of what an "open world" is. You can expect the Overgrowth single-player campaign to be fairly linear like Lugaru with hopefully a few major decisions along the way to spice things up.
What is the Overgrowth story-line?
Overgrowth will pick up a few years after Lugaru left off in the same universe. Turner will again be the main character but I'm not supposed to leak any major plot points just yet.
How will Overgrowth multiplayer work?
Our primary focus will be adding some co-operative, multiplayer elements. We're not sure yet how many players can be supported at the same time but initial multiplayer tests have been successful.
Wolfire Software (add to watch list)
Overgrowth (add to watch list)
MGS Summer Sizzling Sale Is Here
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Mac Game Store's annual Summer Sizzling Sale is now under way. For the duration of the sale customers can save on hundreds of Mac titles including:
Be sure to visit the Mac Game Store Summer Sizzling Sale page today to check out these and many more great Mac titles on sale.
Summer Sizzling Sale
- All Civilization games - 75% off
- Borderlands 2 - 75% off
- Company of Heroes Complete - 75% off
- All Aspyr Star Wars Titles - 75% off
- Batman Arkham City: Game of the Year Edition - 50% off
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition - 50% off
- Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition - 50% off
- Mini Ninjas - 50% off
- Battlestations Midway - 50% off
- All LEGO games - 75% off
- Cities in Motion II - 66% off
Mac Game Store (add to watch list)
Paladins And Wild Orlans In Project Eternity
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Obsidian Entertainment has released another new early development blog post focusing on the creation of its upcoming Project Eternity RPG. The post reveals details about the motivations and abilities of the Paladin class, as well as some more information about the Orlan race.
In Defiance Bay, recent experiments performed by animancers and ciphers suggest that paladins' souls are continuously "burning" wellsprings of spiritual energy that are overflowing their physical vessels due to the paladins' fanaticism. When ciphers have tried to directly perceive paladins' souls, they have described the experience as uncomfortable or painful, not unlike gazing at the sun.Read more at the link below.
Project Eternity Update
All paladins currently begin with the following abilities:
As they advance, they gain additional abilities in the same spirit, such as:
- Reviving Exhortation (Active) - Paladins can command an unconscious ally to awaken and get back up with an immediate spike in Stamina, though the target will lose half of the regained Stamina after a short duration.
- Zealous Barrage (Modal) - The paladin and all allies standing within 3m have their attack and ability speed increased. Cannot be used with Zealous March (below).
- Faith and Conviction - Paladins have an inherent bonus to all defenses (Deflection, Fortitude, Reflexes, and Psyche).
- Coordinated Attacks - The ally closest to the paladin attacking the same target as the paladin has a bonus to Accuracy.
- Shake It Off (Active) - The paladin can command an ally to temporarily ignore existing Hostile effects for a short duration. The effects are suspended; they do not lose any of their duration and will resume as soon as Shake It Off expires.
- Inspiring Triumph - Allies within 4m gain a temporary bonus to all defenses when the paladin downs an enemy.
- Zealous March (Modal) - The paladin and all allies within 3m have their movement speed increased. Cannot be used with Zealous Barrage.
Pillars Of Eternity (add to watch list)
Sparkle 2 Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
10tons Ltd. recently announced the release of Sparkle 2, a sequel to the action puzzler, Sparkle. The game is available for Mac OS X, Windows, and Android. It once again challenges players to make use of the Orb Slinger to make matches of three or more.
A long time ago, five keys were created. These enchanted keys are supposed to open a lock which guards something valuable. The keys were scattered across these lands forever locked between night and day. Many have tried to search for the keys, but they still remain undiscovered. Will you be the one to unravel the mystery, or will you become yet another soul consumed by the search?Check out the page below for more information.
Sparkle 2 (add to watch list)
- Superbly polished premium action puzzle gameplay
- Spectacular powerups and special effects
- Three game modes: Story, Survival, and Challenge
- 16 selectable Enchantments with more than 200 different combinations
- More than 90 levels throughout the storyline
- Exciting locations to discover
- Soundtrack by the award-winning composer Jonathan Geer
Buy Sparkle 2
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Monday, June 17, 2013
Friday, June 14, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.