Civ V: Brave New World Coming July 9, Pre-Order Begins
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 12 comments
Aspyr Media has announced that Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World, the second expansion pack for Firaxis Games' Civilization V, will be coming to North American Macs on July 9 (July 12 for other regions). Brave New World introduces international trade and a renewed focus on culture and diplomacy. The expansion also introduces nine new civilizations, eight new wonders, two new scenarios, four new gameplay systems and dozens of new units, buildings and improvements.
Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Brave New World provides new depth and replayability through the introduction of international trade and a focus on culture and diplomacy. The player’s influence around the world will be impacted by creating a number of Great Works across a variety of crafts, choosing an ideology for their civilization, and proposing global resolutions in the new World Congress. As players move through the ages of history, they will make critical decisions that influence relationships with all civilizations in the game world.Civilization V: Brave New World is available to pre-order now for $26.99 (USD), a ten percent discount off the regular release price.
Key features include:
- New Civilizations, Units and Buildings: The expansion features nine new civilizations, each with unique traits, units, buildings and all-new leaders, including Casimir III of Poland.
- New Culture Victory: Spread your culture across the globe, dominating all other cultures. Create masterpieces with Great Artists, Writers, and Musicians that are placed in key buildings across your empire, like Museums, Opera Houses and even the Great Library. Use Archaeologists to investigate sites of ancient battles and city ruins for priceless cultural artifacts. Become the first civilization with a majority influence in all other civilizations to achieve a Culture Victory, becoming the envy of the world.
- World Congress: The importance of diplomacy is intensified and city-state alliances are more important than ever. Change the diplomatic landscape through a new World Congress that votes on critical issues like implementing trade sanctions against rogue nations, limiting resource usage, designating host cities for the World Games and the use of nuclear weapons. Game-changing resolutions, vote trading, intrigue, and a new lead into the Diplomatic Victory ensures that the end of the game will be more dynamic than ever before.
- International Trade Routes: Build your cities into hubs of international trade by land and sea, creating great wealth and prosperity for your people, while also spreading religion, cultural influence, and science. The number of trade routes increases through the advancement of economics and technologies, the creation of wonders and the unique abilities of your civilization. Will you connect to a closer city for a lower payoff and a safer route, choose a longer route with more risk for the bigger payoff, or perhaps point your trade route inward, sending vitally important food and production to the far corners of your own empire?
- New Wonders: Eight new Wonders are introduced, including the Parthenon, Broadway, the Uffizi, and more.
- New Game Scenarios: Two new scenarios let gamers fight the “War Between the States” and embark on the epic Scramble for Africa. Fight the American Civil War from either the Union or Confederate side, as you focus on the critical action in the Eastern theatre of operations between the capital cities of Richmond and Washington. In “Scramble for Africa”, the great colonial powers of the world are racing to explore the Dark Continent and extend their reach into its interior. Search for great natural wonders in the heart of Africa, as you explore a dynamically-generated continent each time you play.
Civilization V: Brave New World
Buy Civilization V: Brave New World
SimCity Mac Coming In August
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 7 comments
Electronic Arts has announced that SimCity for Mac will finally be released on August 29. Development of the latest incarnation of the popular city building sim is being led by Maxis. SimCity Mac will feature "the same deep, rich gameplay that will define the PC experience as players on both platforms compete or collaborate to create a new world, together."
SimCity™ will be available for Mac exclusively as a digital release on August 29, 2013. SimCity is cross-platform compatible, so all players, whether on Mac or PC, will be able to play SimCity together in the online connected world and will be able to jump back and forth into their cities regardless of the platform. Read more at the link below.
Those players who have previously purchased digital and boxed copies of SimCity for PC will receive an automatic entitlement for SimCity for Mac via Origin™.
SimCity for Mac and PC allows players to create and destroy the cities of their imaginations, and has been rated PEGI 7+ by the ESRB for both PC and Mac.
Sid Meier's Pirates! & Sid Meier's Railroads! 50% Off
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive has announced a limited time sale on Sid Meier's Railroads! and Sid Meier's Pirates!. Gamers can now pick up either one or both of the games at a 50% discount, bringing Pirates! down to $9.99 and Railroads! to $14.99.
Sid Meier's Railroads!Click over to the links below for more information.
Build a railroad empire and shape a nation!
Lay track, route trains and watch the world come to life in this compelling mix of train set and business simulator. Become the ultimate railroad robber baron with the drive to shape a nation, build an empire and amass a fortune.
Spanning the history of the railroads from the steam engines of the 1830s to the bullet trains of today, Sid Meier’s Railroads! for Mac is a bold re-imagining of the legendary Railroad Tycoon (1990), the game that launched the “tycoon” genre.
Sid Meier's Pirates!
- Steam across 16 maps and seven historical scenarios that cover over 150 years of American and European history.
- Control 40 historically-accurate trains, from the 0-4-0 Grasshopper to the TGV bullet train, customizing them with your own colour schemes and liveries.
- Engage in corporate warfare with rival tycoons, slick entrepreneurs and robber barons such as J. Pierpont Morgan and Cornelius Vanderbilt.
- Choose your cargo wisely! Marry the supply of natural resources with the demands of industry to create a thriving economy.
- Trade stock, build industries and bid for patents to steam ahead of the competition.
- Build the model railroad of your dreams in “Train Table” mode, where your imagination is free from the pressures of finance or competition.
Discover what it takes to become one of the most famous pirates in history! Based on Sid Meier’s original masterpiece, Pirates! invites you to live the life of a 17th-century Buccaneer in this epic, open-ended seafaring adventure.
Test your skills as a privateer flying the Jolly Roger across the Caribbean. Duel enemy captains, exchange plank-shattering broadsides and seize valuable booty, woo fair maidens, dig up buried treasure, and of course plunder unsuspecting ports. As your reputation and skills grow, so will the size and quality of your crew, and your ability to take on larger enemy ships, raid heavily fortified ports, and locate ancient treasure. There's a whole cast of interesting and dangerous characters to meet, mysteries to solve, and exotic island destinations to discover.
It’s a game of high adventure, where brave and skilled players battle for treasure and glory. Those who succeed achieve great fame and wealth – and those who fail rest forever in Davy Jones’ locker!
Sid Meier’s Railroads!
Buy Sid Meier’s Railroads!
Kickstarting Tesla Breaks The World!
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Micah Hymer recently emailed us about a new Kickstarter campaign to fund Tesla Breaks The World!, a planned 2D platformer featuring Nicola Tesla, puzzle solving, inventions, randomly generated levels, and zombies from the 1800's. The Kickstarter will be successful if the $5,500 goal is reached by July 6.
A hearty 'good day' to you sir! If it is not too presumptuous, I would dare to take a few minutes of your time to sell you chaps on this little game called Tesla Breaks The World! (lovingly paraphrased as 'TBTW!'). A rather handsome 2D platformer developed by Archetype Global for the PC, Mac & Linux. TBTW is a combination of platforming, puzzle solving, amazing inventions, randomly-generating levels and of course, zombies...Click over to the page below for more details.
Tesla Breaks The World! Kickstarter
Set in the late 1800's, Nikola Tesla's latest invention: The Micro-Portable Magnifying Transmitter Device, has puzzlingly managed to reanimate the dead. This anomaly has all the markings of the nefarious genius, Thomas Edison!
Now, our old boy Tesla must set out across country, city, and laboratory to confront his arch-nemesis and fix the broken world! All the while solving puzzles, jumping over bottomless voids and surviving hordes of 1800's-era zombies. Sounds like a bit of a scrape I dare say…
- Pleasuring your eye balls. The art of TBTW! is a unique, hand-drawn style that draws inspiration from classic cartoons, abstract & modern art and the legendary works of Eyvind Earle.
- Simple mechanics. We're creating a game that has a simple, yet intuitive gameplay and puzzle design with a clean and minimalistic UI.
- Inventions & Progression. Find new ways to beat puzzles as you progress. Unlock cool gadgets, Magnifying transmitters, electric-powered hover platform thingies, x-rays, tesla coils, remote controls and even... "Peace Rays"...
- Efficiency. The less efficiently you are able to solve puzzles, the more likely zombies will spawn around you. Use your inventions wisely or expect things to get even more complicated...
- RANDOM! RNG or 'random number generation'. Get some replayability from this platformer with levels randomly generating sectors, puzzles and environments as you play (or replay)...
- Homage. Giving the nod to science and art with tribute to the legendary minds of Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison, Eyvind Earle and more...
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, June 6, 2013
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Monday, June 3, 2013
Friday, May 31, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.