EVE: The Second Decade Collector's Edition Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
CCP Games has announced EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition, an upcoming limited-edition box set containing numerous unique items to commemorate ten years of EVE Online. Also part of the 10th anniversary revelations are the announcements of a television series based on the game, and a partnership with Dark Horse to create comic books and an EVE Online sourcebook.
“EVE Online is a unique experience in gaming, with the most passionate, imaginative and loyal gamers anywhere growing and evolving the EVE universe for over ten years,” said David Reid, Chief Marketing Officer at CCP. “This collector’s edition was created in honor of and specifically for those who have truly brought EVE’s solar systems to life.”EVE: The Second Decade Collector's Edition will be released in October, and is available to pre-order now for $159.99.
EVE: The Second Decade Collector's Edition
EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition contains a series of exclusive, collectible items specially crafted for the EVE Online enthusiast and celebrating the game’s tenth anniversary, including:
EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition also contains one-time-use codes for unique in-game items for both EVE Online and CCP’s newest title, DUST 514, a free-to-play massively multiplayer online first-person shooter for the PlayStation®3, set in the same universe as EVE Online.
- Into the Second Decade, a 190-page, richly illustrated hardcover book commemorating the first 10 years of the EVE Universe. Into the Second Decade details the initial release of EVE Online, and chronicles its growth through the game’s numerous free expansions, the community events that helped define the experience, and the launch of DUST 514.
- “Rifter” USB hub, a four-port USB hub modeled on an iconic EVE Online ship.
- EVE Symphony CD, a live performance of the signature EVE soundtrack by the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra, recorded in Reykjavik during EVE Fanfest 2013.
- The Danger Game board game, an English-language adaptation of the popular Icelandic board game. Created by a fledgling CCP in 1998, The Danger Game (Icelandic: Hættuspil) helped fund development of the original EVE Online release.
The in-game items include:
The box set will also include a “Mystery Code” that will grant owners special, but currently secret, benefits related to future CCP products and events.
- The “Golden Pod,” an exclusive skin for the iconic capsule (EVE Online).
- A “Gnosis” Blueprint, a five-run blueprint of the 10th anniversary Gnosis, the Society of Conscious Thought battlecruiser (EVE Online).
- The “Time Capsule,” a selection of collectible items based on classic EVE lore as well as memorable moments over the first decade (EVE Online).
- A new skin for the Amarr Magnate frigate (EVE Online).
- A selection of exclusive male and female clothing items and accessories to dress your pilot in style (EVE Online)
- Powerful weapons and a collection of “Templar” dropsuits for (DUST 514).
In addition to the items above, players who pre-purchase EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition will receive two powerful in-game items: the “Nefantar Thrasher,” a glass cannon-style destroyer for EVE Online, and the Amarr Templar Drop Uplink, a spawn beacon for DUST 514 that requires no special skill-training to deploy or use.
“EVE Online is a unique experience in gaming, with the most passionate, imaginative and loyal gamers anywhere growing and evolving the EVE universe for over ten years,” said David Reid, Chief Marketing Officer at CCP. “This collector’s edition was created in honor of and specifically for those who have truly brought EVE’s solar systems to life.”
Dark Horse and CCP team up:
Available Winter 2013, EVE: SOURCE will be a comprehensive source book and visual guide to the expansive universe that players experience in EVE Online and DUST 514. Developed in close collaboration with CCP’s creative teams, the 184-page, full-color hardcover and digital edition will immerse readers in the history and lore of EVE through stunning artwork and never-before-released material detailing the setting, backstory, races and factions of the EVE Universe.
"It's going to take everything we've got to capture the amazing visuals and rich history of the EVE Universe in a single volume," said Dave Marshall, Editor, Dark Horse. "As we fill it with material from EVE Online’s stellar space combat to the ‘boots on the ground’ action of DUST 514’s planetary conflicts, EVE: SOURCE is shaping up to be one of the most stunning books we've ever published.”
Debuting Fall 2013 and available for free via Dark Horse Digital on the web (at http://digital.darkhorse.com) and mobile apps, EVE: TRUE STORIES will feature a series of short stories inspired by actual player-driven events in the EVE Universe submitted to the “True Stories From the First Decade” website at http://truestories.eveonline.com/. Following its run online, Dark Horse will publish the full array of EVE: TRUE STORIES, along with additional bonus material, as a hardcover graphic novel available in bookstores worldwide Winter 2013.
“As we move into the second decade of EVE, the universe we share with our players is more alive than ever with stories that deserve to be celebrated and honored,” said Yohei Ishii, Vice President, Business Development, North America at CCP. “We look forward to sharing the stories inspired by these unique experiences with the world.”
EVE Online On Television:
CCP Games has announced that they have entered into a creative partnership with filmmaker Baltasar Kormákur and his production company to bring the EVE Universe to television screens worldwide.
The new television series will take its inspiration from the millions of people who have left their mark on the EVE Universe via stories submitted to the website http://truestories.eveonline.com. Kormákur's creative team, in collaboration with CCP, will create an original concept and storyline set in the EVE Universe, a future history of rival societies trapped beyond a wormhole in a dystopian sci-fi world.
Baltasar Kormákur has been making movies of all genres for more than a decade and his films consistently garner both critical and commercial success. He started 2012 by topping the US box office with Contraband, starring Mark Wahlberg. Contraband was based on his Icelandic film Reykjavik Rotterdam, which Kormákur starred in and produced. His latest Icelandic film, The Deep, was shortlisted for an academy award nomination in 2013 and won a record-breaking 11 Edda Awards, including Best Film and Best Director.
Currently Kormákur is in post-production of 2 Guns, starring Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg, which Universal Pictures will release August 2, 2013. He is also directing the pilot episode of the HBO thriller The Missionary, starring Benjamin Walker, produced by Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson, and Charles Randolph. Randolph is also the creator of The Missionary.
“The EVE universe is full of astounding stories of epic battles, daring heists, and gripping political intrigue, all of which will make for an amazing television series,” said Baltasar Kormákur. “The opportunity to interact with the fans of the EVE Universe directly opens up all sorts of exciting possibilities.”
“The inhabitants of the notorious and beloved EVE Universe have ten years’ worth of dramatic stories to tell,” added Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, CEO of CCP. “Our close collaboration with Baltasar and his creative team gives me confidence that we will capture EVE’s essence, inspiring millions of TV viewers with visions of humanity’s future.”
CCP Games (add to watch list)
TransGaming (add to watch list)
EVE Online (add to watch list)
Anomaly 2 Pre-Order Begins, Trailer Unveiled
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
11 bit studios has announced that pre-orders for Anomaly 2, the sequel to Anomaly Warzone Earth, are now available. A new trailer was also unveiled. Coming to Mac, Windows, and Linux PCs on May 15th, the "tower offense" title will feature multiplayer action, a new single player campaign, and more than a million tactical combinations for squad building.
In the years following the invasion of Earth in 2018, the planet is overrun by alien machines. Humankind is on the verge of extinction. Banded together in huge convoys, they search the frozen tundra for food and supplies. Since the war, the roles have been reversed: now our species seems to be the Anomaly on a machine-controlled planet. Your convoy, Commander, is called Yukon.Those who preorder Anomaly 2 will receive the game for 10% off the $14.99 retail price, and a free additional copy to give to a friend or keep for themselves. In addition, those who preorders directly from 11 bit via anomaly2game.com will receive another bonus gift on launch day.
Anomaly 2 Trailer
Anomaly 2 is a real-time strategy game that takes the tower offense concept from Anomaly Warzone Earth to a new level. Maintaining the core concepts of the original – tactical planning and the on-field Commander to support troops in combat – Anomaly 2 introduces a number of important new features:
- Morph your troops into war mechs to discover the new face of strategy: each unit has a different mech form with various abilities to help you overcome specific combat situations.
- Engage in a multiplayer experience unique to Anomaly 2: tower defense vs. tower offense. Play as the towers and destroy the humans or lead the humans to annihilate the alien towers.
- Fight across a post-apocalyptic world in a new single-player campaign that offers a more intense strategy experience than the acclaimed original.
- Carve your own path to victory and create your ultimate battle squad. With more than a million tactical combinations to build your squad, your options in combat are nearly endless.
- Dive into a beautifully rendered world, thanks to the team’s new and improved visual engine.
- Experience alternative endings dependent upon your approach to enemy machines in the campaign.
Anomaly 2 (add to watch list)
Buy Anomaly 2
Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Ends Successfully
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Larian Studios recently successfully concluded its Kickstarter campaign for its Divinity: Original Sin fantasy role playing game, with a final total of $944,282 and all of its stretch goal targets reached. Divinity: Original Sin will feature an isometric 3D viewpoint, a party of adventurers to control, turn based combat, and an easy to use toolset for modding the game.
The orcs of Tanoroth are on the march, wielding magic never seen before: bloody, deadly, reality?bending. The free nations of Rivellon are about to fall beneath their blades. Yet there are two unlikely heroes who can resist this savage magic: a condemned warrior released from his chains and a mystic heroine restored to life. Will they be strong enough to cope with the sins of their past? And will they be strong enough to counter the even greater threat that hides behind the marching orcs?The Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter campaign is still under way. Check out the link below for more information.
Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter
- PLAY WITH TWO LEAD CHARACTERS: Discover who they are and what terrible truth binds them.
- Enjoy the freedom of CLASS-FREE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT with plenty of unique skills, weapons and equipment.
- SUMMON AND RECRUIT other characters and creatures to complement your party.
- EXPLORE A LARGE AND DENSE WORLD: filled with quests, special moments and memorable characters.
- DISCOVER A WEALTH OF ITEM INTERACTION: if it’s not nailed to the ground, it can be moved, used or combined.
- Pursue the freedom and explore the depth of role?playing where CHOICES & CONSEQUENCES MATTER.
- TURN-BASED COMBAT SYSTEM adds tactical edge and depth to your role?playing experience.
- USE SKILL AND SPELL COMBOS to make your attacks more effective.
- MAKE USE OF THE TERRAIN DURING COMBAT: exploit the environment to gain the upper hand in battles.
- DEVELOP COOPERATIVE SKILLS AND SPELLS: a party acting as a well?honed team can prevail over superior forces.
- EXPERIENCE COOPERATIVE MULTIPLAYER MODE: fight and explore together, develop your characters individually.
- DISCOVER THE COOPERATIVE DIALOGUE SYSTEM: you don’t necessarily need to agree with each other.
- BUILD YOUR OWN ADVENTURES: powerful toolset allows the community to create and share new adventures online.
- ENJOY THE DIVINE MUSIC OF KIRILL POKROVSKY: the award?winning composer of all previous Divinity games.
- DIVE INTO THE DIVINITY UNIVERSE: the story of Original Sin is the prequel to the events of Divine Divinity.
Divinity: Original Sin (add to watch list)
Little Inferno Comes To MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Tomorrow Corporation's Little Inferno is available now for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The unique indie title is described as "an adventure that takes place almost entirely in front of a fireplace - about looking up up up out of the chimney, and the cold world just on the other side of the wall."
ABOUT THE GAMELittle Inferno is available now for $9.99 (USD).
Little Inferno (add to watch list)
Burn flaming logs, screaming robots, credit cards, batteries, exploding fish, unstable nuclear devices, and tiny galaxies. An adventure that takes place almost entirely in front of a fireplace - about looking up up up out of the chimney, and the cold world just on the other side of the wall.
- Nominated for three awards at the Independent Games Festival including the Seumas McNally grand prize, Technical Excellence Award, and Nuovo Award, with Honorable Mentions in Design and Audio.
- From the designers of World of Goo and Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
- 100% indie - made by 3 guys, no office, no publishers, no funding
- IAP Free - no spam, upselling, ads, of any sort. Just the game.
- Zero Waste - short, polished, perfeccct as possible
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 1.5 GHz Intel Processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 200 MB HD Space
- ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT
- NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
Buy Little Inferno
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, April 29, 2013
Friday, April 26, 2013
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.