XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Feral Interactive has released the award-winning strategy game XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition for Mac users. The Elite Edition includes the Slingshot and Elite Soldier Pack add-on content, as well as the Second Wave update. Developed by Firaxis Games and published by 2K Games for Windows PC and consoles, XCOM: Enemy Unknown is a re-imagining of the classic X-COM: UFO Defense.
XCOM, the Extraterrestrial Combat Unit - humanity’s last hope.XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition is available now for $49.99 (USD).
An electrifying combination of turn-based tactics, global strategy and sophisticated role-playing, XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition puts you in charge of XCOM, a top-secret military organisation responsible for defending Earth from a devastating alien invasion.
Take command on the battlefield while you simultaneously develop XCOM’s headquarters, train and equip its forces and negotiate with national governments. As civilian attacks and abductions work to create worldwide panic, you must outsmart and overpower your mysterious enemies before government funding for XCOM dries up completely.
- A beautifully realised re-imagining of the groundbreaking classic X-COM: UFO Defense.
- Command XCOM’s soldiers in tense turn-based battles where each decision could be the difference between game-changing gains or devastating losses for humanity.
- Expand the XCOM base, manage its resources, oversee international relations and control Earth’s satellite coverage and air defenses.
- Recruit, customise and equip an elite squad, then upgrade each soldier’s unique skills and abilities as they gain experience in the field.
- Recover artifacts from battle and use them to research and build powerful technologies that can be turned against the invaders.
- Mix and match aliens and soldiers to create powerful squads in LAN and online multiplayer.
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition includes the Slingshot and Elite Soldier Pack add-on content, as well as the Second Wave update, which includes a series of gameplay modifiers that add further depth and flexibility to the campaign.
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later
- 2 GHz Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 15 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 4670
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
- Intel HD Graphics
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition
Buy XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition
Don't Starve At Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Klei Entertainment's Don't Starve is now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The wilderness survival game places players in the role of a scientist trapped in a mysterious wilderness world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. To succeed they will need to learn to exploit the environment around them.
Don’t Starve is an uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic.Don't Starve is available now for $14.99 (USD).
You play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.
Enter a strange and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land.
- Uncompromising Survival & World Exploration: No instructions. No help. No hand holding. Start with nothing and craft, hunt, research, farm and fight to survive.
- Constant Updates: Join an active community that continues to help shape the game as new content is added!
- Dark and Whimsical Visuals: 2D characters and odd creatures inhabiting a unique 3D world.
- Randomly Generated New Worlds: Want a new map? No problem! At any time you can generate a new living and breathing world that hates you and wants you to die.
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 2 GHz Intel Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 512 MB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 5670
- Intel HD Graphics
Buy Don't Starve
Fire & Forget Blasts Onto Macs May 16
6:00 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
Anuman Interactive's Fire & Forget is coming to Mac Game Store on May 16. Based on the classic shoot'em up released in 1988 this remastered edition includes hundreds of enemies to blast, 10 levels spanning a devastated post-apocalyptic world, and a variety of upgrades for customizing the powerful flying tank.
Fire & Forget is a shooting game featuring an amazing flying « tank » equiped with 2 deadly weapons. A manual aiming dual cannon and a rocket launcher with auto-guided missiles. While the vehicle moves forward by itself at high speed, you just have to focus on avoiding obstacles and blasting the ennemies on your way.Fire & Forget is available to pre-order now for $9.99 (USD).
Fire & Forget
- Hundred of ennemies to blast in each level.
- 10 challenging levels in all over a devastated post-apocalyptic world
- Drive and fly the most advanced vehicle ever created
- 3 difficulty levels
- Great replayability, destroy as many enemies as you can to reach the best scores
- Customize your vehicle with impressive skins and upgrades
Buy Fire & Forget
Poker Night 2 Launch Trailer Debuts
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Telltale Games' has unveiled a launch trailer for Poker Night 2. The next installment of the series which began with Poker Night at the Inventory, the card game features a unique assortment of characters including Borderlands' Claptrap, Brock Samson from The Venture Bros, and Ash Williams of Army of Darkness fame.
Some of the biggest personalities in gaming, film, and animation are going all-in on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®Network, and on PC and Mac from Steam. Other platforms to be announced.Just released for XBox 360, the game will be available soon for Mac and Windows PC users.
Poker Night 2 Launch Trailer
Taking the fifth seat at the table, players will be joined by an all-star cast:
Players at the table will be assured of a fair hand dealt under the unblinking gaze of a Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System from Aperture Science research facilities. Otherwise known as GLaDOS from the Portal and Portal 2 games by Valve, Inc.!
- Claptrap from Gearbox Software's critically-acclaimed and multi-million selling Borderlands video game series
- Brock Samson from Adult Swim's animated series The Venture Bros.
- Sam from the Sam & Max video game and comic book series by Steve Purcell
- Ash Williams from the cult classic movie Army of Darkness. Groovy!
Poker Night 2
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Monday, April 22, 2013
Friday, April 19, 2013
Thursday, April 18, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.