Demo Available For The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Presto Studios has unveiled a demo for the Mac OS X version of The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime. An updated version of the classic time traveling adventure game, the upcoming new incarnation features content from a rare Director's Cut version of the Journeyman Project. Pegasus Prime will run on modern Intel Macs as well as Windows PCs.
Presto Studios is proud to present a classic retelling of the best-selling CD-ROM adventure that started it all. Based on the compelling story of the original Journeyman Project, the graphics and gameplay have been completely recrafted to show off the awesome power of the hottest new game technology. Fully-animated motion through eye-popping environments, intensely realistic robot adversaries, and incredible new gameplay sequences are just a few of the substantial improvements. For more information about the game check out the site below.
The Journeyman Project Demo
A complete remake of the first Journeyman Project, this time travel adventure game was initially announced as "The Director's Cut" in development for Apple Pippin, Sony Playstation, and Sega Saturn, which unfortunately did not see wide release in the United States. Now, at last, the unreleased DVD-ROM version of the game is being ported to modern systems.
The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime (add to watch list)
Defend The Castle In Royal Defense
6:00 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
Royal Defense from 8 Floor Games is now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The tower defense title challenges players to save the dwarven kingdom from a rampaging horde of trolls. The game features 40 unique levels, 12 different creature types, and 12 kinds of towers and structures.
The castle needs a hero – hordes of trolls are surrounding it! Build towers, save money, learn spells - don't let the enemy in!Royal Defense is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Royal Defense (add to watch list)
Follow the exciting story of the dwarven kingdom's eternal struggle against the troll hordes, who want only to crush the dwarves and claim their territory.
Unique units, a wide range of structures, spells, gold and various resources make this the TD game that you will return to again and again.
Every single-screen level sees the player's headquarters assaulted by wave after wave of troll forces.
To defeat these monstrous hordes, you must construct defensive towers and units and learn to wield powerful spells. Tap anywhere you like for a handy pop-up menu listing all the units and structures you can build in that location. Tap existing structures to see how you can upgrade your forces with ever-more powerful improvements!
All your towers and units have specific stats: Damage, Fire rate, Damage radius, Damage type, as well as various other features, such as enemy slowdown and Damage Over Time.
Each level also brings new units and structures to help you fight the troll menace. You’ll never be lacking for new and exciting ways of decimating those nasty trolls!
- 40 different progressively challenging levels
- 2 unique game settings
- 12 kinds of creatures
- 12 kinds of towers and structures
- Extensive magic system
- In-game store, for various upgrades.
- Fascinating gameplay
Buy Royal Defense
Grimlands Mac Version Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Drago Entertainment recently announced that it will develop a Mac version of Grimlands, a post-apocalyptic action MMO which has been in development for five years. After losing funding from its former publisher, Drago is seeking funding for the nearly complete project in a Kickstarter campaign.
After receiving so many questions and encouragement about bringing Grimlands to Linux and Mac OS X, we finally caved in. We are going to port Grimlands to both platforms!Learn more about the game and the Kickstarter campaign at the links below.
It is something we have been planning for a long time, even started prototyping a few things here and there, but haven't fully committed to it before. Now we made the decision to launch Grimlands not only for Windows XP/Vista/7/8, but also Mac OS X and Linux. No matter which operating system you are using, everyone will be able to play on the same servers together.
Grimlands presents a different approach to MMOs by combining the fast and fun gameplay of a first&third person shooter with a full scale, sandbox MMORPG that is set in a vast open game world and features a fully player based economy where every item is crafted out of scavenged raw materials. Following the PVE-Quests and engaging in persistant or instanced PVP you develop your character skills free of points, classes or levels. Whether you will band together in clans and fight for key territories or stay a lone wolfe on the side is just one of the decisions you will face.
The game starts twenty years after devastating earthquakes lay everything to waste. What remains of humanity is fighting hard for survival. Those cities in the southwest United States that did not crumble in the quakes have been flattened in the bitter struggles for the remaining ressources. In this inhospitable post-apocalyptic scenario there's only one goal for you: survival!
Grimlands comes with interesting, unique and innovative touches to how we approach certain things and below you can find all the details:
- No point & click – fast shooter style combat with a cover system and stealth.
- Your skills are based on what you do. There are no points, no classes, just a wide variety of choices to develop your character the way you want to.
- We don’t force you to group with other players, instead we make ‘solo’ a viable approach. Even dungeons can be set into ‘solo’ mode.
- No more static fights. No waiting to find a tank or healer via LFG - we got rid of the tank-healer-damage combo.
- Enemies that just stand there or behave like lemmings is something you won’t find in Grimlands. We made enemy AI something to be reckoned with.
- Explore the huge post-apocalyptic world on foot or with vehicles. Explore it on your own or let yourself be lead by quests.
- Fully customizable vehicles are used by up to four players for travel and combat.
- Crafting, modding and upgrading with almost limitless variety. Define the stats and change appearance of your crafted items. The best gear is crafted by players and not dropped from bosses, giving the ultimate reason for trade in the auction house.
- Grimlands offers wide-ranging choices for PvP enthusiasts: Duels, Open World PvP, PvP Areas, Clan Wars and Territorial PvP.
- Grimlands offers a more level playing field than other MMORPGs because skills are developed individually.
- With the best items not coming from loot, but being crafted by players, the high customizability of items and a fully-featured auction house we set a solid foundation for an engaging player based economy.
Harebrained Clarifies Shadowrun Returns Release Issues
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 5 comments
Harebrained Schemes has offered a new blog post clarifying release plans for its upcoming Shadowrun Returns RPG. The company plans to give Kickstarter backers both a Steam version and a DRM free version available from its website. Due to contract limitations future downloadable content after the Berlin Campaign DLC will only be available as additions to the Steam version of the game.
We clearly left some critical information too vague, which resulted in some bad feelings and speculation. We are sorry about that and we’re going to fix that poor communication right now.View more at the page below.
Shadowrun Returns Release Clarification
- To reiterate, our Backers don’t have to choose a DRM-free version of the game or a Steam version of the game. You get both.
- Backers who want a DRM-free experience with Shadowrun Returns (on Windows, OSX, and Linux) are getting the game, editor and all, and will be able to transfer community-created story files and update executables manually. (It works just like a non-Steam version of Skyrim: you can install mods manually or via a 3rd-party tool such as Nexus.) The DRM-free version will not require any internet connection or any form of online authorization to play. In addition, Backers who like the convenience and reliability of Steam and who want automatic updates, easy-to-browse content, and a DLC store are getting them.
- We said that post-Berlin Campaign DLC would only be available on Steam but we never said why. We regret the omission. The reason is that our license to develop Shadowrun Returns actually requires that the game and its DLC be distributed under DRM. This didn’t come up earlier because the situation was complicated by the number of parties involved in the license and because the process was “ongoing”. Ultimately, we were able to successfully negotiate an exception with Microsoft for us to provide our Backers with a DRM-free version of the Kickstarter rewards (specifically the game and the Berlin Campaign) but that exception does not extend to non-reward DLC. So unfortunately, we cannot sell or give away DRM-free versions of the game or DLC on stores like GoG, and that’s why any future Shadowrun Returns DLC will only be available for purchase on Steam.
- We will be updating/bugfixing the DRM-free versions (Windows, OSX, and Linux) of Shadowrun Returns, maintaining them along with the Steam versions. These updates will require Backers to re-download the game from the Harebrained Account Website, since it will not include auto-patching functionality.
Shadowrun Returns (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, April 12, 2013
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Monday, April 8, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.