The Sims 3 Island Paradise Debuts This June, Pre-Order Now
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Electronic Arts' next update for the popular The Sims 3 franchise is scheduled to launch June 25 and is available now for pre-order. The Sims 3: Island Paradise gives players the chance to treat their sims to a tropical escape complete with sun drenched beaches, scuba diving, sunken treasure, and even a friendly mermaid.
Equip your Sims with the necessities to scrape together an existence on a deserted island, fashion a makeshift home on a floating barge and build a retreat in the middle of the ocean.The Sims 3: Island Paradise requires The Sims 3 to play and is available to pre-order now for $39.99 (USD).
The Sims 3: Island Paradise
Let your Sims escape to their own island paradise, complete with sparkling waters and sun-drenched beaches in The Sims™ 3 Island Paradise. They can explore by boat, go SCUBA diving, live in a houseboat or even build and run their own resorts. Nautical Sims can discover new islands, uncover sunken treasure and even befriend a mermaid! With innovative features never before seen in The Sims™ franchise and a world of new possibilities on land and in sea, your Sims will have an unforgettable adventure in their own island paradise.
- Set sail for adventure: Your Sims can now take off across the waves to discover new islands and explore like never before, whether by paddleboat, speedboat or fully customizable houseboat! What will you discover?
- Build the best resort in the islands: Specialize in waterslides and buffet tables to attract families, build pool bars where single Sims can meet and flirt or create a romantic retreat dotted with bungalows. How you choose your amenities and set your prices will affect your reviews and profits. Get a high enough star rating, and you'll soon be rolling in Simoleons!
- Dive into the blue: See what surprises await beneath the sea! As your Sims hone their snorkeling and SCUBA diving skills, they may find themselves on the shore of a new island or discover a long-lost treasure.
- Boat sweet boat: Whether your Sims love the water or just love exploring, there is a range of fully customizable houseboats that can be moored at any open port. If your Sims tire of the view, they can just cruise on to a new locale!
- Build over the water: New stilted foundations give your Sims the best of both worlds—a home that's partially on the water and partially on land. Build a resort, create travelling houseboats and customize your very own island paradise for your Sims!
Buy The Sims 3: Island Paradise
The Secrets Of Atlantis Now At Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Anuman Interactive's The Secrets of Atlantis is now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The adventure takes players back to the 1930's and places them in the role of Howard Brooks, a man who gets caught up in a quest to find the lost city of Atlantis.
New York, 1937. When Howard Brooks steps aboard the Hindenburg zeppelin, he doesn't realize that his life is about to be transformed. The victim of an assault, he finds himself caught up in an incredible adventure that will lead him to the four corners of the earth, on the search for Atlantis!Atlantis Evolution requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later and is available now for $9.99 (USD).
The Secrets Of Atlantis
Are you ready to follow Howard in this quest scattered with a thousand dangers, and bring to light a secret hidden since the dawn of time, at the risk of your own life?
- A thrilling quest with a wealth of twists and turns
- An invitation to travel: Aboard the zeppelin, set out on a journey around the world
- The production, inspired directly by the world of cinema, creates a fascinating atmosphere
- About thirty characters, both good and evil, accompany you on your adventure
- The soundtrack, kinematics and charismatic characters guarantee a captivating adventure
Buy The Secrets Of Atlantis
Dream Pinball 3D II Coming In May
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
TopWare Interactive's Dream Pinball 3D II is now available for pre-order at Mac Game Store. The pinball simulator sequel features 6 unique themed tables (Billy the Kid, Mafia, GT Racing, Dragon Knight, and more), a choice of 6 ball materials (steel, two kinds of wood, marble, ivory, gold), and lush visuals and sound.
The sequel to one of the most engaging pinball simulators around returns to challenge the pinball wizards of the world.Dream Pinball 3D II will require OS X 10.7 and will be released in May. It is available to pre-order now for $29.95 (USD).
Dream Pinball 3D II
Making space in your living room for 8 different pinball tables is easier than you might think! Dream Pinball 3D II combines cutting-edge technology with the nostalgic charm of classic pinball cabinets to produce a perfect combination of dream-like surrealism. Dream Pinball 3D II boasts revamped pinball simulation realism, building on the success of the renowned Dream Pinball 3D, by pushing the mechanics and technical features to a new level.
All-new pinball table themes include Billy the Kid, Mafia, GT Racing, Pharaoh's Curse, Spartacus, E.xtra T.errestrial and Dragon Knight…all with unique designs and exciting special features, Dream Pinball 3D II aims to provide one of the best high score hunting experiences since the invention of the pinball plunger!
Each table is designed to tell its own individual story, expressed through a combination of visuals, animations, sounds, music, table-specific features, mini-games, puzzles and more. Enjoy western saloon style music on the "Billy the Kid" table where you can shoot your way to a high score in the Old West, or burn rubber as you race down main drag on the "GT Racing" table, with the thunder of roaring engines and the frenzied fans cheering you on at the edge of the track. It all makes for very charming and exciting atmosphere as you race against the clock for a record time or high score.
Are you brave enough to step into the heart of darkness to explore the long lost secrets of the pyramids? On the “Pharao’s Curse” table you’ll drive the Pinball through a mysterious and ancient world, fighting off the Curse of the ancient evil dwelling in its dark depths. Or, test your mettle and fight alongside the glorious Greece armies of the past with the “Spartacus” table. Turn your ball into a legion of ancient soldiers, driving through enemy lines and write your own legend on the high scores board to ensure that your name becomes immortal.
- 6 tables with various themes
- Balls made out of 6 materials (steel, two kinds of wood, marble, ivory, gold) with various ballistic characteristics
- Multi-ball with up to 3 balls at once
- Supports state of the art particle effects
- Brilliant lightning because of HDRI-textures
- Individual sounds and music for each table
- Multiplayer mode for up to 4 gamers
- 6 dynamic and one fixed camera position
- Individual graphic settings for less powerful systems
Pre-Order Dream Pinball 3D II
Cities In Motion 2 Reviewed
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
IGN has posted a new review of Paradox Interactive's Cities in Motion 2. Building and expanding on the original Cities in Motion transit simulation game, Cities in Motion 2 offers a variety of new features, including the addition of both co-operative and competitive multiplayer modes.
From the review:
Much of its appeal lies in its commitment to the day-to-day workings of contemporary fictional cities over Cities in Motion's 100-year timelines for mostly unalterable maps of Berlin, Helsinki, Vienna, and Amsterdam – particularly in the way traffic patterns correspond to a day-and-night cycle and the way you can expect bursty rush hours on Monday mornings and Friday evenings.Read more at the page below.
IGN: Cities In Motion 2 Review
These additions provide a richer and more realistics experience that extends far beyond mere cosmetics; they add meaning, for instance, to the new abilities to finely tune transit timetables and to set fares at both a daily and monthly level. Here we have a world in constant flux, where neighborhoods shift from white to blue collar and where every stop matters, and the resulting juggle of timetable tweaks, graph study, and fare adjustments delivers a meaty challenge for micromanagers.
Cities In Motion 2
Buy Cities In Motion 2
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Monday, April 8, 2013
Friday, April 5, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.