A Trailer From The Broken Age
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Double Fine has unveiled a new trailer showcasing the company's Kickstarted point-and-click adventure title. Broken Age follows the parallel lives of a boy and girl who will face unique challenges and encounter adventure.
Broken Age is a point-and-click adventure telling the stories of a young boy and girl leading parallel lives. The girl has been chosen by her village to be sacrificed to a terrible monster--but she decides to fight back. Meanwhile, a boy on a spaceship is living a solitary life under the care of a motherly computer, but he wants to break free to lead adventures and do good in the world. Adventures ensue.Check out the link below for more information.
Broken Age Trailer
Broken Age development began when we asked our community if they would help us create a classic-style adventure game without needing to rely on traditional publishers. It turns out they did.
IMG Reviews The Cave
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Inside Mac Games has posted a new review of The Cave, from Double Fine Productions and legendary adventure game designer Ron Gilbert. The title gives players the chance to assemble a team from seven unlikely adventurers, each with their own unique personalities and stories, and descend into the mysterious depths for an adventure unlike any other.
Here's an excerpt:
The Cave is interesting and rather humorous because, you see, the Cave is sentient. It narrates as you play. It has comments about a variety of things, but mostly about the humans that have ventured in and how they interact with their world. The comments the Cave makes are generally funny, often witty, and usually very sarcastic. There are seven characters waiting to enter and interact with the Cave. The Monk, the Hillbilly, the Twins, the woman from the future, and so forth. Each character has a story, something in their life that they wish to resolve and have come to the Cave for this purpose. Each character also has a special ability, something they can use to solve their special puzzle once inside.Read more at the link below.
IMG Review: The Cave
Buy The Cave
Enter A Shattered Haven At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Arcen Games' Shattered Haven is now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The 2D action adventure horror title challenges players to solve environmental puzzles in a post-apocalyptic world overrun by Grays, an "unusual and powerful type of living dead that doesn't rely on infection to spread its numbers." The game features nearly 100 levels, multiple difficulty levels, a level editor, and local 2-player co-op.
Grays roam the land, largely in the absence of human interference. These aren't your typical Zed -- theirs is a very different sort of apocalypse. Animals spontaneously transform into twisted, violent beings. The earth decays, collapsing into a network of abysses. The wilderness thickens.Shattered Haven is availble now for $9.99 (USD).
It has been nine years since That Day when it all started. Pockets of humanity still exist, but are ignorant of one another. Within these isolated havens people try to live as best they can -- for even in a world so broken and dark, daily life must go on.
Darrell and Mary Williams were able to build such a life inside a five-acre fenced yard out in the country. They were even secure enough in their isolated compound that they had a daughter five years after the zombie-like grays appeared.
Life carried on as normally as it could, until another refugee on the run is killed during a nearby attack. Her son is saved and taken in by the Williamses -- who do not realize that this kind action will destroy their home and threaten their entire family. They find themselves caught in the midst of a struggle between two eldritch horrors, and the path to survival is anything but clear.
- Solve environmental puzzles under pressure. Figure out how to use the tools, traps, and weapons in each level to clear all the Grays.
- Nearly 100 hand-crafted levels with multiple difficulty levels ranging between casual and hardcore, developed end to end by two experienced adventure level designers.
- Complete bonus objectives for higher scores and gold markers.
- Follow the story of Darrell and Mary as they try to save their family from a new and unexpected threat through in-game storytelling and painted-style cutscenes.
- Guide different members of the Williams family through branching story paths that result in one of several endings. Depending on your actions, the story may end very poorly, happily, or anywhere in between.
- Music and sound by composer Pablo Vega provides a chilling atmosphere for players to experience.
- Included level editor: The same editor used to make the main adventure will let you make your own levels, cutscenes, or even entire adventures.
- Local 2-player co-op. Using two gamepads, two players on the keyboard, or any combination of the above.
Buy Shattered Haven
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, March 29, 2013
Thursday, March 28, 2013
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Monday, March 25, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.