Knytt Underground Surfaces At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Knytt Underground from Ripstone Publishing is now available for purchase and download at Mac Game Store. The continuation of the indie platformer series features over 1,800 rooms to explore and multiple quests to complete.
In this Knytteration; humans have long since abandoned the planet after practically destroying it in a war, five hundred years ago. The remaining population of Sprites, Fairies and various other life forms now live in mysterious tunnels underground – where they are trying to discover the secrets of their origin and the meaning of life. Knytt Underground is available now for $7.99 (USD).
Mixed up in all of this curiosity is Mi – a mute but extraordinary sprite! She develops special powers as the game progresses and embarks upon many exciting quests on her adventure. Her main goal is to find and ring the six bells of fate before time runs out. If she doesn’t a destructive chain reaction will begin that will obliterate the entire planet!
With an array of thrilling quests to complete, unique zen-like gameplay and plenty of dynamic characters to meet and guide you on your adventure – Knytt Underground™ delivers a captivating and unparalleled experience that will not disappoint! Explore over 1,800 rooms with the unique tried and tested mechanics that have already got over 1 million fans worldwide excited to run, jump, climb, swing and bounce with unparalleled freedom.
Download today and soon you can begin your journey through this vibrant and enchanted underground world!
- Zen-like gameplay, vibrant environments and dynamic characters
- Compelling and thought provoking storyline
- An ambient and immersive audio experience
- Over 1,800 rooms to explore and multiple story-driven quests to complete
- Switch between human and ball form for an unparalleled sense of freedom
- Open world, ready to be explored by you (at your own pace)
- Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
- 1.5 GHz Intel Mac
- 1 GB RAM
- 885 MB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
Buy Knytt Underground
Guns Of Icarus Online: Adventure Mode Kickstarting Now
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Muse Games has unveiled a Kickstarter campaign to launch the next phase of its airship combat game, Guns of Icaurs Online. The expansion, Guns of Icarus Online: Adventure Mode, will take the game’s unique team-based PvP battle system and place it "in a fully realized persistent world, keeping the co-operative elements and expanding the game to include PvE, massive AI-controlled enemy ships, biplanes, missions, player progression, and a dynamic system of towns and player factions that evolves day by day as players actively affect and shape the world."
Adventure Mode has three fundamental pillars, each with its own funding target and each building on the previous goals. These are:Muse is seeking $100,000 before the Kickstarter's conclusion on May 21. Read more at the link below.
Guns Of Icarus Online Adventure Mode Kickstarter
- AI Director: At the heart of a good PvE experience is a smart, responsive AI that can go toe-to-toe with players and scale up or down on the fly to keep the experience challenging and entertaining. This pillar will enable the creation of co-op and solo missions to complement competitive PvP.
- Socio-Economic System: Adventure mode will add a world map of towns and trade routes, with six player factions and a fully dynamic resource economy. Missions are generated dynamically to help or hinder the towns and the factions that control them, depending on their circumstances and needs. Completing missions earns status in certain quarters and notoriety in others, enabling players to rise in the ranks of their chosen faction, unlock new opportunities and perks, and exert an even greater influence over the world.
- World-Building Tools: A robust toolset is necessary to build an expansive world map with diverse and varied environments. This pillar involves the creation of new tools and processes to speed up the development of new maps and locales using a combination of procedural generation and manual composition. While the existing PvP maps have all been assembled painstakingly by hand, worldbuilding on the scale of Adventure Mode will require a whole new way of doing things.
Just four days into the campaign, Muse Games is already well past 25% of the way to the first funding goal. In addition to numerous digital goodies, physical swag, and exclusive rewards, Kickstarter backers can gain access to the currently released game on Steam (Skirmish Mode), as well as Adventure Mode upon its release!
Guns Of Icarus Online
Buy Guns Of Icarus Online
Plants vs Zombies 2 Coming In Early Summer
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
PopCap Games has announced an updated release estimate for the long awaited sequel to its casual tower defense title, Plants vs. Zombies. PvZ 2 is now scheduled to launch in early summer 2013, and will include a variety of new features, settings, and situations involving the neverending struggle between plants and the undead.
Learn more about PopCap's games at the links below.
Buy Plants vs. Zombies
Knights Of Pen & Paper +1 Edition Enters The Fray This Year
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Paradox Interactive has announced that they will be bringing the mobile "meta-RPG" Knights of Pen & Paper to the Mac, Windows and Linux platforms in a new version of the game called Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition. In partnership with Behold Studios, developers of the original mobile title, Paradox will update the game to include new features, improvements, and content.
Set out on a grand adventure in this turn-based retro style pixel-art RPG, inspired by the great titles of the 90's, where players take on the roles of in-game players taking on the roles of their characters in a traditional pen and paper RPG session.Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition is currently planned for a second quarter release in 2013. Follow the links below for more information.
Knights Of Pen & Paper +1 Edition
Players are able to control both the playing characters AND the dungeon master, and they choose which battles to fight. Put together a bunch of monsters to make for a challenging fight, your efforts will be equally rewarded!
Choose from multiple classes, such as knights and mages, then choose from the many different characters to control those classes, like grandma or kid brother, and take on the loads of quests, monsters, items and equipment littered throughout Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition. Blacksmiths, enchanters, mining, gathering, hidden treasures and a whole lot more await, giving players a lot of room to personalize their gameplay experience. Don’t wait any longer, the Pen & Paper world needs you!
- The ultimate pen and paper RPG simulation experience!
- Put together your own role-playing group complete with the game master, the role-players and the classes they’re role-playing
- Fight and explore your way through a perilous fantasy world to defeat the dark mage
- Level up and get your hands on more gold to buy epic items and gear for your party
- As the game master, you can set up the fights yourself and choose how many monsters to battle
- Desktop version includes all the content from the mobile version and as well as:
- New dungeons to explore with monsters, traps, treasures, and powerful bosses
- The Tavern, a place to stash heroes and switch out party members
- More options for characters to implement during battles, adding more depth and variation to fights
- Even more unannounced content and improvements!
Buy Knights Of Pen & Paper +1 Edition
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Monday, March 25, 2013
Friday, March 22, 2013
Thursday, March 21, 2013
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.