A Brave New World Coming To Civ V This Summer
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
2K and Firaxis Games have announced that Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World, the second expansion pack for Civilization V, is currently in development and will be released this summer for Windows-based PCs and brought to the Mac by Aspyr Media. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World brings "a massive amount of new gameplay to the Civilization V experience, providing gamers with even more rewarding ways to achieve world domination."
“We’re happy to bring our fans another ambitious expansion that will provide hours and hours of new Civilization experiences.”Aspyr doesn't have a specific release date for the Mac version yet but plans to launch it as close to the Windows version as possible. Check out the links below to learn more.
Firaxis Games (add to watch list)
“Civilization V: Brave New World continues the strong tradition of ambitious expansion packs that fans have come to expect from the Civilization franchise,” said Sarah Anderson, senior vice president of marketing for 2K. “Brave New World is destined to continue the strong Civilization lineage that already includes massive expansions such as Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword and Civilization V: Gods & Kings.”
Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Brave New World provides new depth and replayability through the introduction of international trade and a focus on culture and diplomacy. The player’s influence around the world will be impacted by creating a number of Great Works across a variety of crafts, choosing an ideology for their civilization, and proposing global resolutions in the new World Congress. As players move through the ages of history, they will make critical decisions that influence relationships with all civilizations in the game world.
“After adding a number of great new features to Civilization V with the Gods & Kings expansion, the team continued to search for ways to create even more exciting gameplay through new systems and features,” said Sid Meier, director of creative development for Firaxis Games. “We’re happy to bring our fans another ambitious expansion that will provide hours and hours of new Civilization experiences.
Key features include:
- New Civilizations, Units and Buildings:> The expansion features nine new civilizations, each with unique traits, units, buildings and all-new leaders, including Casimir III of Poland.
- New Culture Victory: Spread your culture across the globe, dominating all other cultures. Create masterpieces with Great Artists, Writers, and Musicians that are placed in key buildings across your empire, like Museums, Opera Houses and even the Great Library. Use Archaeologists to investigate sites of ancient battles and city ruins for priceless cultural artifacts. Become the first civilization with a majority influence in all other civilizations to achieve a Culture Victory, becoming the envy of the world.
- World Congress: The importance of diplomacy is intensified and city-state alliances are more important than ever. Change the diplomatic landscape through a new World Congress that votes on critical issues like implementing trade sanctions against rogue nations, limiting resource usage, designating host cities for the World Games and the use of nuclear weapons. Game-changing resolutions, vote trading, intrigue, and a new lead into the Diplomatic Victory ensures that the end of the game will be more dynamic than ever before.
- International Trade Routes: Build your cities into hubs of international trade by land and sea, creating great wealth and prosperity for your people, while also spreading religion, cultural influence, and science. The number of trade routes increases through the advancement of economics and technologies, the creation of wonders and the unique abilities of your civilization. Will you connect to a closer city for a lower payoff and a safer route, choose a longer route with more risk for the bigger payoff, or perhaps point your trade route inward, sending vitally important food and production to the far corners of your own empire?
- New Wonders: Eight new Wonders are introduced, including the Parthenon, Broadway, the Uffizi, and more.
- New Game Scenarios: Two new scenarios let gamers fight the “War Between the States” and embark on the epic Scramble for Africa. Fight the American Civil War from either the Union or Confederate side, as you focus on the critical action in the Eastern theatre of operations between the capital cities of Richmond and Washington. In “Scramble for Africa”, the great colonial powers of the world are racing to explore the Dark Continent and extend their reach into its interior. Search for great natural wonders in the heart of Africa, as you explore a dynamically-generated continent each time you play.
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
Civilization V: Brave New World (add to watch list)
Build Your Own Railroad In Rails
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Belight Software's Rails is available for download and purchase today at Mac Game Store. The official remake of Shortline Railroad gives players the chance to build tracks, guide trains, and keep the rail yard collision-free. The game features 60 levels, 12 types of trains, and 30 achievements.
You're controlling the railroad today! Build tracks and guide trains to their stations, keeping the rail yard collision-free. Control the railroad switches and signals to lead trains from Point A to Point B to rake in money and earn achievements.Rails requires Mac OS X 10.6 or later and costs $9.99 (USD).
Rails (add to watch list)
- 12 types of trains
- 30 achievements
- 60 unique levels
- 3 seasons
- Ready for the MacBook with Retina display
Pre-Order Omerta - City Of Gangsters Now
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
The Mac version of Kalypso Media's Omerta – City of Gangsters is available to pre-order now from Mac Game Store. The 1920’s-era gangster-themed game is scheduled to launch on April 19 and mixes conquest-styled strategic play with tactical combat.
Omerta - City of Gangsters is a simulation game with tactical turn-based combat. Taking the role of a fresh-from-the-boat immigrant, with dreams of the big life, the player will work his way up the criminal hierarchy of 1920’s Atlantic City. Starting with small jobs, his character recruits a gang and expands his empire by taking territory from other gangsters. Eventually he establishes his own crime syndicate and becomes the de facto ruler of Atlantic City.Omerta - City of Gangsters is available to pre-order now for $39.99 (USD).
Omerta - City Of Gangsters (add to watch list)
- Historically accurate representation of Atlantic City and its landmarks
- Strategic gameplay allows city overview, planning, expansion and gathering of intel
- Turn-based tactical combat with a cover system and stealth action
- 15 unique player controlled characters each with unique personalities and backgrounds
- A RPG system for development of player characters and managing their equipment
- Competitive and cooperative multiplayer mode with persistent gangs
- 15+ hours of gameplay in a single play-through
- 20 unique maps visualizing the various districts of Atlantic City
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 2 GHz Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 5 GB HD SPace
- 258 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
Pre-Order Omerta - City Of Gangsters
The 39 Steps Comes To Macs
6:00 AM | IMG News | 3 comments
The 39 Steps from KISS is now available for download and purchase from Mac Game Store. The merger of literature, gaming, and film brings the famous story to the digital age. The 39 Steps features 8 different storytelling mechanics, 25 collectible items to find, and 16 awards to unlock.
Prepare to experience the original man-on-the-run thriller in a completely new way. Set in 1914 London and Scotland, this ground-breaking interactive novel finds war veteran Richard Hannay framed for a murder he didn't commit. Now he must flee the Capital and stay alive long enough to solve the riddle of The 39 Steps.The 39 Steps is available now for $14.99 (USD).
The 39 Steps (add to watch list)
- A new form of entertainment, merging the worlds of literature, gaming and film into one visually stunning storyline.
- Faithfully constructed using the original - and best-selling - John Buchan text, first published in 1915.
- Hundreds of hand-painted digital environments, and authentic materials from 1910s Britain.
- 8 different storytelling mechanics, 25 collectible items and 16 awards to be unlocked.
- An original soundtrack by Si Begg and theatrical voice performances, including Ian Hanmore, Greg Hemphill and Benny Young
- Created in Unity4, with a playtime of 6-8 hours.
Buy The 39 Steps
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, March 15, 2013
Thursday, March 14, 2013
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Monday, March 11, 2013
Friday, March 8, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.