LEGO The Lord Of The Rings Released
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive has released the action-adventure game LEGO The Lord of the Rings for Macs. Developed by TT Games and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment for consoles, handhelds and PC, LEGO The Lord of the Rings brings the unique brick-based humor of the LEGO games to the legendary world of Middle-earth.
LEGO The Lord of the Rings tells the story of Frodo Baggins, a Hobbit, who is tasked with carrying the One Ring to the dark land of Mordor and destroying it in the fires of Mount Doom. With a fabulous cast of minifigures, dialogue from the films and LEGO versions of Rivendell, the Shire and Mordor, LEGO The Lord of the Rings is an imaginative and energetic retelling of the renowned movie trilogy.LEGO The Lord of the Rings for the Mac is available now for $29.99 (USD).
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
Players can embark upon the quest in heroic single player mode or forge a Fellowship with friends and family during drop in/drop out co-operative play. On the way, they will master the special skills of more than 80 playable characters, face off against Ringwraiths, Mountain Trolls and the Balrog, and smash hundreds of Orcs to pieces with Aragorn's sword, Legolas' bow and Gimli's axe!
LEGO The Lord of the Rings is an open-world game that gives players the freedom to explore Middle-earth on foot, on horseback or by magic. Alongside the epic events of the main story line, players will also set out on perilous side quests, hunt for hidden treasures and craft new weapons and items to help them on their journey.
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later
- 1.4 GHz Intel Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 8 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- Video (ATI): ATI Radeon HD 4670
- Video (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
- Video (INTEL): Intel HD Graphics
LEGO The Lord Of The Rings (add to watch list)
Buy LEGO The Lord Of The Rings
Air Conflicts: Vietnam Flies Into Action This Year
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
bitComposer Entertainment has announced the upcoming release of Air Conflicts: Vietnam for a variety of platforms including Mac. The Vietnam era aerial combat game is the latest installment in the Air Conflicts series which combines both flight simulation and arcade elements
Air Conflicts: Vietnam offers the popular combination of flight simulation and arcade gameplay. In the course of the game, the player controls over 20 accurately simulated fighter jets and helicopters from the Vietnam War era. In certain missions, the player has to leave the pilots seat temporarily to operate the guns and defend against attacks. If several fighter jets take part in a mission, the player can equip and upgrade them individually, as well as control the entire squadron. Air Conflicts: Vietnam offers a variety of missions and a compelling story set against the background of one of the best-known and most controversial wars in modern history.Air Conflicts: Vietnam is scheduled for release in the third wuarter of this year. Learn more at the link below.
Air Conflicts: Vietnam (add to watch list)
- There can’t just be winners in war! Immerse yourself in the compelling and emotional story and experience, alongside heroic moments, the darker side of war.
- Experience the Vietnam War, one of the most explosive and violent wars of all time, up close! Witness the experiences of a brave U.S. Air Force pilot and immerse yourself ever deeper in the story thanks to the dramatic musical score.
- In addition to fighter jet missions, there are also new, special helicopter missions to complete.
- Take control of entire squadrons! Control all of the airplanes in your squadron.
- Equip your airplanes and helicopters with realistic weapons! All possible combinations of airplanes (or helicopters) and weapons are based on real models.
- A realistic setting combined with arcade gameplay! Every airplane can only be loaded with a limited amount of ammunition. However, you can compensate for this by switching between different airplanes in your squadron.
- A game that never gets boring! Play different single-player and innovative multi-player modes.
- Choose from a massive arsenal of military machinery! The game includes over 20 different airplanes and helicopters from U.S. and the Russian side.
Civilization V: Gold Edition Available Now
6:00 AM | IMG News | 7 comments
Aspyr Media has released the Mac version of Civilization V: Gold Edition. The compilation includes a fully updated version of the original Civ V as well as the Gods & Kings expansion and all the currently available add-on maps and scenarios packs.
One of the greatest strategy games of all time goes GOLD!Civilization V Gold Edition is available now for $49.99 (USD).
Civilization V: Gold Edition (add to watch list)
With over 12 million units sold worldwide, and unprecedented critical acclaim from fans and press around the world, Sid Meier’s Civilization® is easily recognized as one of the greatest strategy game of all time.
This special GOLD edition includes Civilization V, Civilization V: Gods & Kings expansion, plus ALL available add-on content.
- Civilization V (updated base game)
- Civilization V: Gods and Kings
- Civilization Pack: Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar III)
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark – The Vikings
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Korea
- Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca
- Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario Pack
- Cradle of Civilization – Mediterranean map
- Cradle of Civilization – Asia map
- Cradle of Civilization – Americas map
- Cradle of Civilization – Americas map
- Cradle of Civilizatin – Mesepotamia map
- Explorer’s Map Pack
BELIEVABLE WORLD: Immerse yourself in a world with a limitless variety of vast, realistic and diverse landscapes to claim as your own.Requirements:
HUGE BATTLES: Wars between empires feel massive with armies spreading across the landscape. The addition of ranged bombardment challenges you to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield.
DIPLOMACY: Negotiate with some of history’s most cunning rulers, each with a well-crafted plan for victory. City States will present a new diplomatic battleground on which the major powers of the world will vie for supremacy.
MULTIPLAYER: Civilization V brings community to the forefront, allowing you to compete with other players around the world and providing endless ways to rule them all.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- 2.2 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 6 GB HD Space
- 258 MB VRAM
- Video (ATI): ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
- Video (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS
- Video (INTEL): Not Supported
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
Buy Civilization V: Gold Edition
The Godlikes And Technical Animators Of Project Eternity
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Obsidian Entertainment has released another new early development blog post focusing on the creation of its upcoming Project Eternity RPG. The post offers details about the job of the game's technical animator as well as a piece of concept art depicting the Godlike race.
Hello everybody it's me again, Rob Nesler, Art Director on Project Eternity. I had intended on presenting our Art Style document to the world by this update, but it still needs work. So, you have to wait a bit longer for it. So that’s sad. However, with the last art update, I glossed over our Technical Animator Antonio's work 'cause it was 3 o'clock in the morning and I couldn't think about how to describe intelligently what Antonio does for us. Some of you professed extensive knowledge of rigging and skinning, as well as profound disappointment in my patronizing tone, and demanded to be better informed of this horribly complex facet of game development. So...okay!Read the full post at the site listed below.
Project Eternity: Pretty And Technical
Before that we have some eye candy. A Godlike concept by Polina.
The godlike are the children of humanoids (most often humans) who have been "blessed" (or cursed, depending on personal or social view) with the physical manifestation of a divine spark granted by the gods. Godlike manifest their divine heritage in a variety of ways: wings, horns, strange birthmarks, talons, odd eyes - but they always manifest it somehow. BTW, in case you missed it, this is a playable "race". Below are some further examples of the possible deviations/conditions they inherit:
Project Eternity (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Monday, February 18, 2013
Friday, February 15, 2013
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.