LEGO The Lord Of The Rings Coming February 21
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive today announced that the action-adventure game LEGO The Lord of the Rings will be released for the Mac on Thursday, February 21st. Developed by TT Games and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment for consoles, handhelds and PC, LEGO The Lord of the Rings brings the unique brick-based humor of the LEGO games to the legendary world of Middle-earth.
"Middle-earth is a magnificent setting for a LEGO game," said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. "The game's open world captures the films' huge scale and even in the medium of bricks, the visual design is captivating."LEGO The Lord of the Rings for the Mac will retail in North America for US $29.99, £19.99 (inc. VAT) in the UK and €24.99 (inc. VAT) throughout Europe. When released, it will be available online for direct download from a variety of digital partner sites worldwide.
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
LEGO The Lord of the Rings tells the story of Frodo Baggins, a Hobbit, who is tasked with carrying the One Ring to the dark land of Mordor and destroying it in the fires of Mount Doom. With a fabulous cast of minifigures, dialogue from the films and LEGO versions of Rivendell, the Shire and Mordor, LEGO The Lord of the Rings is an imaginative and energetic retelling of the renowned movie trilogy.
Players can embark upon the quest in heroic single player mode or forge a Fellowship with friends and family during drop in/drop out co-operative play. On the way, they will master the special skills of more than 80 playable characters, face off against Ringwraiths, Mountain Trolls and the Balrog, and smash hundreds of Orcs to pieces with Aragorn's sword, Legolas' bow and Gimli's axe!
LEGO The Lord of the Rings is an open-world game that gives players the freedom to explore Middle-earth on foot, on horseback or by magic. Alongside the epic events of the main story line, players will also set out on perilous side quests, hunt for hidden treasures and craft new weapons and items to help them on their journey.
Minimum system requirements call for a 1.4GHz Intel Mac with at least 4.0GB RAM, 256MB or better graphics card, and Mac OS 10.7.5 or later. The game does not support the following graphics cards: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 8xxx series and Intel GMA series.
LEGO The Lord Of The Rings (add to watch list)
Buy LEGO The Lord Of The Rings
Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Begins
6:00 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
Aspyr Media recently released a new add-on for Borderlands 2. Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt adds a brand new storyline to the zany action shooter, challenging players will entere the swamps of Pandora in search of the wreckage of a crashed ship. The add-on features new bosses, enemies, characters, adventures, and battles.
In Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, the third campaign add-on for Borderlands 2, players will enter an uncharted territory deep in the swamps of Pandora where a massive Hyperion ship has crashed. The wreckage is rumored to have stockpiles of loot.Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt requires Borderlands 2 to play and is available now for $9.99 (USD).
Borderlands 2 (add to watch list)
But watch out, mutated creatures, and armies of savages also have an interest in the ship. As ferocious and primal as they may seem, the mysterious Professor Nakayama claims to be their diabolical leader, and he's calling all the shots.
The Best Guns in Borderlands 2 Yet: This safari trip ain't just 'bout taking down big game with huge, senselessly overpowered weapons. It's also about hunting for new loot in an effort to glean Seraph crystals, and get even bigger guns to take back into the main game.
Defend Hammerlock’s Hacienda: Seek out Sir Hammerlock and his rustic hunting lodge, man the turrets and fan boats to take out enemy vehicles, babysit Hammerlock's pet Skag and wait for him to... ewwww.
To Hunt and be Hunted: Face a new Raid Boss, new World Bosses, mutant creatures great and greater, and waves of foul-odor-ed heathen hoards. In the swamp, no one can hear your smell.
All New Swamp Location: Alien vegetation, marshy water, scraggly mountains, and rolling mist form a dangerous and exotic zone, all in an as-of-yet-unseen part of Pandora.
New Heads & Skins: Spoils are awarded to those who seek out and defeat the rarest enemies in the Swamps. If it's on the endangered species list; kill it immediately, because it's all about you.
Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt (add to watch list)
Buy Borderlands 2
Buy Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
Out Of The Park Baseball 14 Gets April 15 Release Date
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Out of the Park Developments has revealed thatOut of the Park Baseball 14 will be released to pre-orderers on April 12, and to everyone else on April 15. The latest edition of the popular baseball simulation features 2013 major league rosters, a completely recoded player origin system, new fielding ratings development system, better player development tracking, and an expanded real-time simulation experience.
Here are the new and revamped features you'll find in OOTP 14.Check out the newsletter linked below for more information.
OOTP 14 Screenshots & Info
Surprise OOTP 14 Features!
- 2013 Opening Day Major League Rosters
- Completely Recoded Player Origin System
- Recoded Player Creation Algorithms
- New Fielding Ratings Development System
- Recoded Scouting System
- Better Player Development Tracking
- Expanded Real-Time Simulation Experience
- Improved Trading
- Miscellaneous Features
- Improved interface
- Better player evaluation AI
- Roster AI recoding, resulting in better managing of minor leagues and the 40-man roster
- Better contract negotiation AI
- Improved depth charts and pitching staff control, i.e. list your preferred pinch-hitters, pinch-runners and "LOOGY"-Pitcher.
- New graphical depth chart screen
- Improved league strategy settings; i.e., define the number of starting pitchers, relief pitchers, and position players carried by the AI teams, split by DH and non-DH sub-leagues.
- Smarter in-game AI
- Improved in-game control, including "Pitch to Contact" option and better stealing control in one-pitch mode
- Much more storylines
- Improved play-by-play commentary
- One-click joining of online leagues
- New playoff series analysis screen
Every year we like to surprise you with some last-minute OOTP features, and this year is no different. Here's what we've added to the game during its final days of development:
- Unlock plenty of performance-based Achievements! How many can you discover during your managerial career?
- You can set a player to a "Not Interested" Trade Status, preventing the AI to offer this player to you again.
- A Free Agent Draft can now be scheduled from the League Setup functions screen. It's similar to the inaugural draft, but it doesn't clear the team rosters and it assigns picked players adequate 1-year contracts. Such a draft is useful if, for example, you want to have contraction and draft the players released from the contracted teams. Or if you import several historical players into the FA pool and want the teams to draft them.
- The new optional Font Size Setting allows you to adjust the interface to your liking.
OOTP Developments (add to watch list)
Out Of The Park Baseball 14 (add to watch list)
Buy Out Of The Park Baseball 14
Pro Riders Snowboard Slides Onto Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Plug In Digital and VTree's Pro Riders Snowboard is now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The snowboarding sim drops players on the slopes as they race to succeed at speed and trick challenges on three different tracks.
Snowboard like a Pro with VTree's latest interactive game Pro Riders. Three levels of competition with different slopes and new challenges. Simple controls with easy to understand instructions. Play or compete with family and friends to be the fastest down the hill or executing the best tricks. Easy to play with zero violence included in the game.Pro Riders Snowboard is available now for $14.99 (USD).
Pro Riders Snowboard (add to watch list)
- Realistic 3D Graphic
- 3 different Tracks
- Realistic Snowboard Physic Simulation
- Tricks, Jumps and Grinds
- Achievements to unlock
- Playable with XBOX 360 controller
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- 1 GB RAM
- 256 MB VRAM
Buy Pro Riders Snowboard
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Monday, February 11, 2013
Friday, February 8, 2013
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.