Half-Life Finally Available For Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 13 comments
Several IMG readers have informed us that Valve's Half-Life is now available to Mac users through the company's Steam service. Originally released for Windows PCs in 1998, the first person shooter which launched a franchise has finally made its way to Apple computers.
Named Game of the Year by over 50 publications, Valve's debut title blends action and adventure with award-winning technology to create a frighteningly realistic world where players must think to survive. Also includes an exciting multiplayer mode that allows you to play against friends and enemies around the world.Check out the links below for more information.
Half-Life (add to watch list)
Cult of Mac: Valve Releases Half-Life To Macs
Valve Software (add to watch list)
Burger Bustle: Ellies' Organics Now Cooking At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Big Fish Games' Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics is one of the latest titles to join the ranks of games available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The time management title puts players in the role of Ellie, a new restuarant owner seeking to prove that organic burgers can be both healthy and profitable.
Tired of watching her boss, Mr. Gristleman, serve unhealthy food to customers just to make a buck, Ellie has decided to open her own chain of organic burger restaurants all over the world. Now she must work her way up the restaurant ladder by serving great food and drinks while keeping customers happy and healthy. Help Ellie defeat the greedy Mr. Gristleman and prove to the world that healthy food can be fun and delicious in this exciting time management game!Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics is available for $6.99 (USD).
Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics (add to watch list)
- Fast-paced gameplay
- Healthy and inventive food choices
- Keep up with the burger bustle!
Buy Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics
International Snooker 2012 Comes To Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
International Snooker 2012 from KISS and Big Head Games is now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The cue sports simulation gives players the chance to play through a pro player's career, and includes a host of features and game types.
Working closely with Michaela Tabb the worldís most famous Snooker and Pool referee Big Head Games have crafted the ultimate cue sports simulation, with easy to pickup and play controls and months of gameplay as you fight through a pro playerís career.International Snooker 2012 is available now for $9.99 (USD).
International Snooker 2012 (add to watch list)
- Career mode, play a full yearís calendar of events earning world ranking points. Reach world number one and win all 16 trophies.
- Practice mode, unlimited shots with no opponent.
- Quick Play, choose form any unlocked venue and play VS AI or VS human player in customisable games, no. of reds, no. of frames, shot clock, etc.
- Multiple Venues, 15 tournament venues, a Rileys club venue and the exclusive 147 VIP club (score a 147 break to qualify).
- Trophy cabinet, fill the cabinet with the 15 tournament trophies and the 147 cup.
- Equipment upgrades, earn the right to use better cues, better cues = better control and more power. Auto Chalking.
- Achievements, earn achievements from simply pot the pink to score a century break.
- Multiplayer, play anyone, anywhere, anytime.
- Real time chat. During multiplayer matches a chat window allows for Ďfriendlyí banter.
- Replays, replay, pause, rewind, slow-mo any shot.
- Save and replay breaks, Best 5 breaks can be saved.
- AI speed controls, no more waiting, run the AI at up to 4 times normal speed and get back to the table quicker.
- Full Rule set, Ďadvancedí rules such as play on and free ball.
- Balanced AI, produces a smooth difficulty curve based on your skill, world ranking and your current match status.
- Custom built Physics engine, including spin options for swerve and back spin.
- Referee, voice over calling scores, fouls, player intro, etc. voiced by the world famous referee Michaela Tabb.
- Realistic crowd AI and ambience fx, reacting to the gameplay such as long shots and near misses.
- Stats, a record of your progress and good and bad percentages, also used for multiplayer skill level balancing.
- 8ball UK, 8ball US and 9ball pool modes.
Buy International Snooker 2012
StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm Discussed
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
PC Gamer recently posted a new interview with Blizzard Entertainment's Dustin Browder about the upcoming StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. Planned for a March 12 launch the expansion for Blizzard's popular sci-fi RTS includes a new Kerrigan focused single player saga and a variety of new units to make use of in multiplayer warfare.
PC Gamer: Which matchup do you find to be the most fun now, with all of the changes coming in Heart of the Swarm?Read the full interview at the link below.
PC Gamer: Heart Of The Swarm Interview
Dustin Browder: I still think TvT is glorious. That one, still, is all over the place. And the unit compositions are just bananas. Itís just, I need one of everything, and then five of those. And the positional play is just really exciting.
I feel like Protoss vs Protoss is probably the most improved overall. Youíre seeing just lots and lots of tech in some of those games. Certainly in the games Iíve played, Iíve seen crazy amounts of tech. You know, I have Ö like an hour and ten minute game of Protoss vs Protoss. We built everything. We built High Templars, we built ArchonsÖ we had Tempests, we had Oracles. He had Carriers. I started adding Carriers. We had Immortals, of course. You know, we had SentriesÖ we had everything.
It was one of those games that, when I finally beat this guy, I was like, ďDude, youíre awesome!Ē And he was like, ďNo, youíre awesome!Ē Like, it was just this total high-five. It was a very positive experience. Which is weird, right? Iím used to being yelled at on the Internet.
I havenít seen a lot of ZvZ yet. For me, at my skill level, itís still very much a Zergling/Baneling challenge. I do feel like weíve unlocked Muta[lisk] a lot more in that matchup, because of the nerfs to the Infestor. You know, Iíve watched Grandmaster players play. These are not pros, these are Grandmasters, so letís be real about that. Grandmaster does not equal pro. But Iíve watched them play, both in streams and here at the studio, and they miss with Fungals. They miss, especially on fast units like Stim Marines, or on Mutalisks.
And thatís significant. That helps unlock that Muta in a very real way. Plus, the regeneration on the Muta is significant. So, Iím hopeful that that unlocking of Muta will be real. But Iíve also heard nightmare horror stories of, itís all Swarm Host/Brood Lord battles. So weíll see how that one goes.
Blizzard Entertainment (add to watch list)
StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm (add to watch list)
Buy StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, January 25, 2013
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Monday, January 21, 2013
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.