Batman: Arkham City Game Of The Year Edition Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Feral Interactive's Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition is now available. Developed by Rocksteady Studios and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment for consoles and PC, Batman: Arkham City GOTY features all previously released downloadable content, including the Harley Quinn’s Revenge pack.
“Swooping above rooftops and using the grapnel to zip between buildings gives the player an incredible sense of freedom,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “Arkham City is complex, sinister and surprising: the perfect playground for Batman.”Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition is available to purchase for $39.99 (USD).
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
The Dark Knight descends.
A year after the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum, Quincy Sharp, the new mayor of Gotham, has turned its slums into Arkham City, a terrifying open-air prison where violent thugs and insane super-villains are incarcerated within heavily fortified walls.
When Batman is imprisoned alongside Gotham’s most notorious, he must discover Arkham City’s true purpose before it’s too late. This intense, atmospheric sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum plunges Batman deep into a gothic nightmare from which he will need all his wits, gadgetry and skill to escape.
- Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition contains all DLC including Harley Quinn’s Revenge, a standalone story set two weeks after the events of the main game in addition to the Nightwing, Catwoman, Robin, Arkham City Skins and Challenge Map packs.
- Experience Arkham City as Batman; learn to master the caped crusader’s abilities as you swoop over the rain-lashed rooftops of Gotham in the best superhero adventure ever to come to the Mac.
- Face off against a demented rogue’s gallery that includes all of Gotham’s most iconic baddies: The Joker, The Riddler, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, The Penguin and Mr. Freeze.
- Take on hundreds of side missions, secrets and puzzles hidden by the Riddler to confuse and confound Batman.
- Wonderful toys! Make Arkham City your playground; deploy an arsenal of upgradable gadgets, from a remote-control Batarang to a grappling gun to explosive gel and freeze cluster grenades.
- Use Detective Mode to scan for vital clues and reveal enemies’ weak spots, then deliver brutal combos with an improved version of the Free Flow™ combat system.
- Play as Catwoman in a deliciously feline subplot that unfurls alongside the main game.
- Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy return as the voices of the Joker and Batman in this dark, twisted adventure, written by Paul Dini.
- Mac OS X 10.7.4 or later
- 2 GHz Intel Mac
- 4 GB RAM
- 16 GB HD Space
- 256 MB RAM
- Video Cards:
- ATI Radeon X1300
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
- Intel GMA 900
Batman: Arkham City Game Of The Year Edition (add to watch list)
Buy Batman: Arkham City Game Of The Year Edition
Borderlands 2 Reviewed
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Mac|Life has posted a new review of Aspyr Media's Borderlands 2. The sequel continues the series trademark blending of first person shooter and role playing game elements with action packed gameplay and zany humor. It features all new characters and classes, cross platform online play, a new story, new gun system, new environments, and new enemies.
From the review:
While Borderlands 2 still focuses on the shoot-and-loot, quest-based gameplay that made the original game so popular, the deep storyline is a vast improvement. Non-player characters are actually a pleasure to encounter, and the plot -- about corporate thug Handsome Jack's dominance over Pandora and its Eridium mineral deposits – proves just as intriguing as the ever-present need to find the best weapon imaginable. Check out the rest at the page listed below.
Mac|Life: Borderlands 2 Review
Speaking of weapons, or more accurately crazy guns: Borderlands 2 has an absolutely insane amount of unique ordnance. The first Borderlands kept players chugging along and pairing up with a few buddies to find the rarest items around. Borderlands 2 takes that idea to extreme lengths. Granted, the plot is enough to make the quest-line interesting, but the possibility of finding some insanely powerful gun or a grenade mod capable of lobbing 10 explosives at the same time is joyfully addictive.
Borderlands 2 (add to watch list)
Buy Borderlands 2
Garden Rescue Christmas Edition Now Growing
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Mac Game Store continues to celebrate the gaming season with the addition of Rainbow Games' Garden Rescue Christmas Edition. To succeed players must take up the cause of the plants in their never ending battle against the beetle forces. The game offers 3 difficulty modes and a variety of colorful Christmas themed locations.
On Christmas Eve you have a chance to get into the thick of a battle between beetles and plants - the two archenemies. Despite the cold spell, beetles are rushing to take revenge for their recent defeat. Help the plants to stop them!Garden Rescue Christmas Edition is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Garden Rescue Christmas Edition (add to watch list)
- Intense and dynamic gameplay
- Great amount of game bonuses.
- Gorgeous locations and music creating the atmosphere of a merry Christmas.
- 3 difficulty modes. Option to select a difficulty mode for every level.
Buy Garden Rescue Christmas Edition
IMG Reviews Inbetween Land
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Inside Mac Games has posted a new review of G5 Entertainment's Inbetween Land. The adventure puzzler challenges players to find their lost friend Mary and help a group of extraterrestrials find their way home. Inbetween Land features 50 locations, 19 puzzles to solve, and three game modes.
Inbetween Land has just the kind of graphics you’d expect from a title of this nature, albeit at the high-quality end of the scale. There’s nothing graphically demanding here, in that most scenes are basically static, with just a touch of appropriate animation here and there. But the pre-rendered scenes are very well done, and attractive to behold. It’s a pleasing game to look at, but it won’t need a fancy graphics card.Read the full review at the link below.
IMG Review: Inbetween Land
G5 (add to watch list)
Inbetween Land (add to watch list)
Buy Inbetween Land
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Monday, December 10, 2012
Friday, December 7, 2012
Thursday, December 6, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.