RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum Rolls Onto Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Aspyr Media's RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum is now available as a digital download from Mac Game Store. Licensed from Atari Interactive, the Platinum collection includes RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Soaked!, and for the first time on the Mac, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Wild!.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Mac is completely updated and redesigned to take the series to all-new heights. Featuring incredible 3D graphics and the exclusive new Coaster Cam, you can now see your park from any angle and ride the coasters you build. From street level to blimp, see your park pulse with fun and excitement like never before.RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum is available for $23.99 (USD), 20% off the regular price.
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Soaked! Mac is the expansion pack that lets you design, build and operate the ultimate summertime fun park with exciting water rides, the wettest, wildest attractions, and, of course, heart-stopping roller coasters.
RollcerCoaster Tycoon 3: Wild! Mac is an incredible expansion pack that brings the majesty of Nature to your amusement park. Now you can do more than just add water parks, you can create an incredible circus filled with animal attractions. Build animal enclosures, cages, and attractions like a choreographed lion tamer show set in an arena.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3Requirements:
- Ride the Rides with the Coaster Cam
- Build rides easier with the enhanced user interface
- Light up the night with the new park lighting system
- View your park from any angle with complete camera control
- See breathtaking park vistas including realistic sunsets, moonlight, weather patterns and more...
- Create your own family members and friends and add them to your park
- Respond to the individual likes and dislikes of kids, teens and adults
- See fully animated individuals (including facial expressions!) exhibit intelligent behavior, both individually and as a crowd
- Create pyrotechnic wonders with the new Fireworks MixMaster
- Build your dream park with unlimited funds in "Sandbox" mode
- Add music to rides and fireworks shows from your own mp3 library
- Includes many "New-to-RollerCoaster Tycoon" rides and attractions
- Design your park with 5 fun themes: Generic, Spooky, Western, Adventure and Sci-fi
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Soaked!
- Soak the peeps and watch their hilarious behaviour! Dunk 'em, swirl 'em and knock 'em off their feet with water cannons
- Choose from an amazing variety of water slides and water rides – then share them online
- Plunge your coasters through thrilling tunnels and explore amazing underwater walkways
- Take on fresh scenarios with water specific objectives and challenges
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Wild!
- Nine freshly designed scenarios that expand gameplay beyond the call of the wild kingdom
- Amazing never-before seen hardcore coasters fresh from the drawing boards of today's designers including splitting tracks and robot arms
- Safari elements give players tools for building expedition rides where park visitors interact with over 20 species of wild (and not so wild) animals
- Players interact with the animals, select their food and toys; tickle them or poke them awake; breed and trade them with other animal parks
- Two more richly detailed themes for players - RCT3 amusement parks - Jungle and Prehistoric - including giant insects and animatronic dinosaurs!
- Even more thrill rides; eight more coasters, eighteen 'flat' rides, brand new animal houses and four additional transport rides
- Choreograph fun and entertaining performing animal programs, like the Lion Tamer Show, using the RCT3 MixMaster
- Includes the biggest ever RCT3 transport ride: the Paddle Steamer, plus Elephant Rides, Safari SUVs and everglades speedboats
- An occasional escaping animal causes chaos, and gives players a chance to use their tranquilizer dart shooting skills (but mind those park guests...)
- Make even more cash from your park using new shops and ad billboards, which for the first time allow players to put their own original content in the game
- Say 'hello' to more new characters - a new VIP, a new Animal Keeper staff member, and the RCT favorite 'Tiger' mascot
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later
- 2.2 GHz Intel Mac
- 2 GB RAM
- 2 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
RCT3 Platinum (add to watch list)
Buy RCT3 Platinum
InXile And Unity Partner To Crowdsource Wasteland 2 Art
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 4 comments
InXile Entertainment has announced a partnership with Unity on an experiment to create "crowdsourced" art for the company's upcoming post-apocalyptic RPG, Wasteland 2. InXile has released a batch of concept art pieces as part of a weekly feature, and is asking those interested to create 3D models of the images and submit them to the Unity Asset Store. Artists whose submissions are picked will be paid for their work and included in the game's credits.
Get your 3D model in Wasteland 2 and make money in the process! Each week on this page, we will be putting up concept art to be turned into 3D models for our game. By opening up the creative procedure behind our art asset creation, we are able to work with you to increase the overall game experience for everyone. This experiment allows us to focus our internal team onto elements that directly impact the gameplay of Wasteland 2.Check out the link below to learn more and check out the concept art.
inXile/Unity Crowdsourced Experiment
Wasteland 2 (add to watch list)
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes Reviewed
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Mac|Life has posted a new review of Feral Interactive's LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes. Developed by TT Games and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment for consoles, handhelds and Windows PC, LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes "takes the much-loved brick-based action of LEGO games to the next level with an intricate open-world structure and sparkling dialogue."
If you’re familiar with previous LEGO titles, the very first cutscene of LEGO Batman 2 is a bit startling. Leaving behind a series tradition for the better, all of the characters are finally (and thankfully) fully voiced. Sure, the wordless winks and grunts of previous LEGO titles were amusing, but a great cast of voice actors really brings the story to life. And that story is actually fairly awesome.Check out the full review at the link below.
Mac|Life: LEGO Batman 2 Review
While LEGO Batman 2 focuses on the further exploits of the Dark Knight and Robin, other DC characters and villains become intertwined into the story. Lex Luthor has found a way to use kryptonite as a weapon to melt black LEGO blocks, and he joins forces with the Joker to wreak havoc upon Gotham. Old pals like Superman drop by, and some of the game’s best moments are the back-and-forth jabs between the two iconic heroes.
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (add to watch list)
Buy LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
The Book Of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Mac Game Store's list of game titles has grown once again, this time with the addition of Nordic Game's The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles. The return to the Unwritten Tales setting tells the tale of how adventurer Nate Bonnett and his hairy sidekick Critter first met.
The Critter Chronicles tell the story of how adventurer Nate Bonnett and Critter, his hairy sidekick, first met, all set before their appearance in Wilbur’s and Ivo’s adventure in The Book of Unwritten Tales. Enjoy a thrilling and hilarious point-and-click adventure in the fantasy world of Aventasia. Travel from the Northlands to the Mage’s Tower of Seastone and experience a story that offers tremendous fun for seasoned players of “The Book of Unwritten Tales” and newcomers alike.The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles is available now for $15.99 (USD), 20% off the regular price.
The Book Of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (add to watch list)
- Play as both Nate and Critter: You and you alone decide with whom you want to spend more time.
- Meet new characters such as animal rights activist Petra, a schizophrenic Yeti, and the “Critters”.
- Choose between two levels of difficulty: “Normal” (approximately the same difficulty as BOUT) and “Hard” (for true veteran adventurers).
- Enjoy high-resolution backgrounds, improved animations and sounds!
- Real-time lightning of 3d-models and objects (including volumetric lighing)
- Soft raytraced shadows of real-time objects on the backgrounds
- Support of all screen resolutions up to 1920x1200 and wide-screen support
- Improved animations with facial animation and lip movement
- Watch a beautiful and emotional tale unfold in about 10-12 hours of playing time.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 1.5 GB RAM
- 6 GB HD Space
- 256 MB RAM
- Intel GMA 950
Buy The Book Of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Monday, December 3, 2012
Friday, November 30, 2012
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.