|Friday, November 30, 2012|
Divinity: Dragon Commander Motion Capture Video Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Larian Studios has released a new video showcasing the company's work on creating the upcoming Divinity: Dragon Commander. The video offers a glimpse of the motion capture recording sessions used in the development of the game's characters. Dragon Commander is a fantasy based strategy title that puts players in the role of a young dragon knight who must fight for the survival of his land when his father, the king, is murdered.
Set in the time when both magic and technology were at their peak in the Divinity universe, Dragon Commander tells the story of a young dragon knight who fights for the survival of Rivellon when his father, the king, is brutally murdered for opposing the teachings of a new religion. Six nations – the elves, the dwarves, the imps, the undead, the lizards and the humans – must set aside their differences and unite to stop empress Aurora from taking over the world.Check out the new video at the link below.
Divinity: Dragon Commander
- STORY BASED SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN: Protect your home, build an empire and defeat Aurora.
- WAGE WAR ON MULTIPLE FRONTS: Cunning strategy will be required to restore peace to the lands
- GOVERN SIX NATIONS: Unite the races for the common good of Rivellon
- PLAY THE POLITICAL GAME: Favors earned through diplomacy can decide the difference between victory or defeat
- MAKE TOUGH DECISIONS: Your stance over recognizable political issues has a deep impact on your campaign.
- EXPERIENCE MULTIPLE STORYLINES: The morale of your team depends on how you interact with them
- COMMAND THE FLEET: Deploy your units, build a base and attack the enemy using real time strategy controls.
- BECOME THE DRAGON: Jump into the action and assist your fleets in dragon form
- USE YOUR DRAGON POWERS: Judicious use of dragon skills can make the difference between victory and defeat
- ADVANCE THROUGH RESEARCH: Discover new magic and technology before your enemies do
- MANAGE YOUR KINGDOM: Aid your armies by exploiting the riches of your kingdom
- UPGRADE YOUR FORCES: Upgrade your units and recruit generals to lead them in combat
Divinity: Dragon Commander Trailer
The Game Of Life Available From Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
PopCap Games' The Game of Life is now available for download and purchase at Mac Game Store. The digital version of the classic board game offers the same fun of the original as well as the chance to play with up to six computer players.
Spin the wheel and choose your path in THE GAME OF LIFE, a virtual version of the classic board game where the possibilities are endless.The Game of Life is available now for $6.99 (USD).
The Game Of Life
Choose your car and take a spin on the winding road of life where anything can happen. Do you play it safe with sensible choices like college, marriage and kids? Or do you play it risky with high stakes investments and lavish luxuries? It's your life - where do you want to go?
Enjoy the classic board game as never before and enjoy it with the entire family. Select your avatar and car color then get ready for the ride of your life. Stay single or say I do? Retire rich or lose it all? Compete with up to six computer players, win big with Share the Wealth cards, and enjoy the Life Spaces. Discover what your future holds.
- Discover what your future holds in this fantastic version of the classic board game.
- Live it up in real 3D gameplay with endless possibilities.
- Select your avatar, car color, and spin the real.
- Compete with up to six computer players.
Buy The Game Of Life
Project Eternity Status Update, Test Area Image
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Obsidian Entertainment has released another new early development blog post focusing on the creation of its upcoming Project Eternity RPG. The post reveals which elements are currently the focus of the team's efforts, and reveals a picture from an early test environment.
Drawing on classics of the genre such as Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment, Project Eternity will feature character creation, a party of adventurers, tactical "real time with pause" combat, dungeon exploration, and a storyline the developers promise will be compelling.
The Project Eternity team is tackling a number of different things in pre-production including story and world building, creating the look of the Aumaua and Orlans, character customization, combat, and fancy rendering R&D.Read more at the link below.
Project Eternity: Current Developments
Here are a few bits on current developments:
- The narrative team is creating the world almanac which contains all the information about the people and history of Project Eternity. Right now they are fleshing out the pantheon of gods. Do you have any crazy or wacky ideas for gods? Share your ideas in the forums!
- The artists and programmers have been working on character customization. The system allows for individual pieces of armor to show up on your characters such as boots, gloves, and chest armor. When you swap armor, the character's torso model and texture are also swapped out. There are thousands of different armor, weapon, head, and hair customization models for each race (male and female too!), and we need to make sure that the system can organize and manage all of these character assets.
- Lastly, the picture is from an early test environment area using temporary art assets. The red shapes represent collision geometry that will block pathfinding and line-of-sight. The light blue/greenish color represents the walkmesh geometry which determines where characters can walk. We use this area to test tech features that we are building. For example, we are using the cemetery in the lower left to test out complex party pathfinding. If you look carefully, you can see two test characters in the picture.
Pillars Of Eternity Hero Edition
Pre-Order Pillars Of Eternity Hero Edition
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Monday, November 26, 2012
Thursday, November 22, 2012
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.