Borderlands 2 And DLC Packs Now Available
6:00 AM | IMG News | 4 comments
Aspyr Media's Borderlands 2 for Mac is now available for purchase, along with the Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty and Mechromancer Pack DLC. The sequel continues the series trademark blending of first person shooter and role playing game elements with action packed gameplay and zany humor. The game features all new characters and classes, cross platform online play, a new story, new gun system, new environments, and new enemies.
Borderlands 2 furthers the distinct blending of First Person Shooter and Role Playing genres to create the true evolution of the Role Playing Shooter. Team up with up to three other players for four-player online goodness, sharing mayhem as you spend hours leveling up your character and equipping them with one of the millions of badass weapons. Borderlands 2 features a new visually stunning array of procedurally generated guns, shields, grenades, artifacts, enemies and more. Choose one of the four new character classes to be taken through a carefully crafted and connected story to all new and surprising environments across the living planet of Pandora. Make new friends, arm them to the teeth and fight alongside them on your relentless quest for revenge and redemption.Borderlands 2 is available now for $44.95 (USD), while the two DLC packs are available for $9.99 (USD) each.
Borderlands 2 (add to watch list)
- All-New Characters and Classes: Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game. Dual machine guns? Cool. Dual rocket launchers? Of course! Dual Sniper Rifles? Sure, if that's your thing! More tactical perhaps? There are multiple classes to choose from!
- Play Online with Friends: Share your adventures with friends on both Mac and PC through a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.
- World Connected Story: Left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora, begin your quest of revenge and redemption as the story drives you closer to the Hyperion Corporation and its evil founder, Handsome Jack.
- New Badass Gun System: Millions upon millions of possible weapons means tons of new and innovative ways to engage foes on Pandora. Fire, electricity, corrosive acid, and more will all be at your disposal.
- 87 Bazillion...Everything: It's not just guns on Pandora, you will lust after procedurally generated shields,grenades, alien artifacts, class mods and much, much more.
- Brand new environments: From the arctic tundra, through the dangerous grasslands, past the mysterious corrosive caverns to beyond, discover more of the unpredictable world of Pandora at every turn!
- Brand new enemies: Hulking, gorilla-like Bullymongs, vicious predatory Stalkers and the Hyperion mechanical army, run by Handsome Jack, are just some of the new enemies you will face.
Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty DLC:
- Operating System: 10.7.5 (Lion), 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 13 GB
- Video Card – ATI: Radeon HD 2600
- Video Card – NVidia: Geforce 8800
- Video Memory (VRam) : 256 MB
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
Enter the hostile wastelands of Pirate Bay in search of ancient treasure buried somewhere in the waste, a cache that would make even the most stoic of Pandora explorers hunger for its discovery. It's rumored to be guarded by the largest, most vicious creature on Pandora – but that shouldn't deter a real adventurer... featuring new wasteland locations, new enemies, new quests, and much more loot!
- Get Ready for a Swashbuckling Adventure: Fight off hordes of new enemies including pirate bandits, and desert worms.
- Forge (And Break) New Alliances: Meet Captain Scarlett, you’ll need her help to make your way through Pirate’s Bay. But watch your back, Pirates will do anything for treasure.
- Discover Uncharted Territories and Find New Treasures: With a multitude of new quests and locations, Pirate’s Booty is set to offer more of everything.
- New side quests, new weapons, new gear are all yours for the taking.
This download grants the player access to Gaige, the 5th playable character in Borderlands 2 who can summon a destructive robot named Deathtrap.
Wanted for creation of unauthorized technology, excessive adorability.
Summon Deathtrap, a giant destructive robot to fight along side Gaige.
Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett DLC
Borderlands 2: Mechromancer DLC
Buy Borderlands 2
Hero-U Reaches Kickstarter Goal
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
The creators of the Quest for Glory adventure series have announced the successful completion of a Kickstarter campaign for their new project, Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption. The classic 2D RPG adventure will combine "the rich character relationships, story and puzzles of a classic adventure game with the exploration and excitement of a role-playing game."
Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is a classic 2D role-playing adventure for Windows PC, Macintosh, and Linux by award-winning game designers Corey and Lori Cole (Quest for Glory, Castle of Dr. Brain, etc.).Learn more at the link below.
Hero-U (add to watch list)
Detailed information about the project is available at http://www.hero-u.net/
Hero-U combines the rich character relationships, story and puzzles of a classic adventure game with the exploration and excitement of a role-playing game. Bringing all these features together makes Hero-U a completely unique game experience.
- Classic adventure game characters, story, and puzzles
- All the exploration, skill development, and choices of a classic RPG
- A rich story that changes based on the way you play
- Tactical turn-based combat
- Characters with unique personalities and their own agendas
- Fun, Funny, and Punny
Mac Game Store Black Friday Sale Begins
6:00 AM | IMG News | 2 comments
Mac Game Store is holding its biggest Black Friday sale ever. Save up to 80 percent on literally hundreds of Macintosh games. Here's just a small sampling of the savings:
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut - $4.99 (was $9.99)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $15 (was $29.99)
The Walking Dead - $12.49 (was $24.95)
Sid Meier's Civilization V Game of the Year Edition - $12.49 (was $49.95)
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings - $7.49 (was $29.99)
Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $12.49 (was $49.95)
Sid Meier's Civilization IV - $7.59 (was $19.95)
Rage: Campaign Edition - $7.49 (was $29.99)
Borderlands - $10.00 (was $24.99)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - $7.49 (was 29.95)
Grand Theft Auto 3 - $4.99 (was $9.99)
Crusader Kings II - $14.95 (was $39.95)
Brothers in Arms: Double Time - $9.98 (was $19.95)
Sid Meier's Pirates! - $10 (was $19.95)
BioShock - $9.98 (was $19.95)
LEGO Batman - $10 (was $19.95)
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $39.99 (was $49.99)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - $7.49 (was $39.95)
Quake 4 - $4.99 (was $19.99)
Borderlands 2 - $44.95 (was $59.95)
Check out all the savings at the link below.
Mac Game Store Black Friday Sale
Mac Game Store (add to watch list)
Meet A Project Eternity Developer
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Obsidian Entertainment recently released a new internal Q&A with one of the design team from the upcoming Project Eternity RPG. Gameplay programmer Steve Weatherly discussed some of his responsibilities on the project and the unique challenges presented by game development.
Drawing on classics of the genre such as Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment, Project Eternity will feature character creation, a party of adventurers, tactical "real time with pause" combat, dungeon exploration, and a storyline the developers promise will be compelling.
Q:Steve, can you tell us what you do on Project Eternity?Read more at the link below.
Project Eternity Update 32
A: I'm a gameplay programmer primarily responsible for making combat happen. What that means is that I look at what Josh and Tim design for the game, and tell them it can never be done. After that, they tell me it has to get done, so then I figure out a way to make it happen. I spend most of my day writing code, either for AI (to make the enemies act like they know what they're doing), or the underlying code that makes characters fight and take damage, etc. I'm also our chief Reddit ambassador, which I sort of fell into but it has been a lot of fun.
Q:What are you currently working on today?
A: Today I'm actually working on building our equipment system. When I'm done, designers will be able to take a weapon that an artist models and drag it onto a character. The character will then hold it in their hand, swing it, and cause damage to their enemies. My weapon of choice is currently the flail, which Unity made surprisingly easy to create.
Pillars Of Eternity (add to watch list)
Pid Lands On Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | 5 comments
Might and Delight AB's Pid is now available for purchase from Mac Game Store. The 2D platformer puts players in the role of a young boy stranded on a remote planet populated by malicious robots. Pid features more than 12 hours of play, 22 locations to explore, five boss battles, and a 2 player co-op mode.
Pid is a platform game that will turn everything you know about 2D gameplay upside down. You play as a young boy that gets stranded on an old remote planet. He must fight off a variety of malicious robots bent on stopping him and befriend unlikely allies to shed light on a huge conspiracy that keeps the planet mesmerized and prevents him from ever reaching home.Pid is available now for $9.99 (USD).
Pid (add to watch list)
- Experience 12+ hours of retro adventuring
- Locate over 100 secrets spanning 22 different locations
- Five smart and thrilling boss battles
- Travel with a friend in 2 player couch co-op mode
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- 2.6 GHz Processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 1.3 GB HD Space
- 256 MB VRAM
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Monday, November 19, 2012
Friday, November 16, 2012
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.