The Farming Game: Software Edition Now Available
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Game Masterminds and IMG reviewer Franklin Pride's The Farming Game: Software Edition is now available for purchase from Mac Game Store. The digital version of the classic board game gives players the chance to try their hand at running a successful farm. TFG:SE allows for up to six players, features a fully 3D farm, and offers a full achievement system.
Since 1979, more than 350,000 copies of The Farming Game board game ("The Game Invented on the Seat of a Tractor") have been sold around the world. Now, after over three decades, The Farming Game is finally coming to Mac! Find out why The Farming Game has received rave reviews from schools, teacher's associations, and farming bureaus, and is used in over 2,000 classrooms and extensively by homeschoolers.The Farming Game: Software Edition is available now for $19.99 (USD).
The Farming Game: Software Edition (add to watch list)
Every player starts the game with 20 acres of farmland inherited from Grandpa, $5,000 in cash, and $5,000 in debt (the cash is a loan to keep you afloat the first year). As the year progresses, you gain options to buy more cows, hay, wheat, fruit, tractors, harvesters, and land, and can even place buildings (barn, silo, windmill, etc.) if playing in Enhanced mode. Havests may be rewarding, but watch out for operating expenses or Farmer's Fate! Those pesky insects and droughts have done in many a farmer at the end of his or her credit line. The first player to $250,000 wins!
- Play with up to six "weekend farmers" and/or computer AI's
- Personalize your farm in full 3D, with placement control over everything you buy
- Dozens of animations for everything from harvests to Farmer's Fate (watch out for volcanic eruptions!)
- Full achievement system
- Try out new buildings and crop bonuses in Enhanced mode
- Enjoy playing without having to keep track of game pieces! Save and load up to 10 games at a time.
- Perfect for any child with basic math and reading skills.
Both educational and easygoing, the Farming Game is the perfect game to play with your children. Learn the realities of operating a farm while having fun organizing it in full 3D! And at only $19.99, it's the perfect Christmas gift.
Buy The Farming Game: Software Edition
Dusty Revenge To Bring Beat'em Up Action To Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
The creator of the upcoming Dusty Revenge recently emailed us with information about the 2D action platformer from PD Design Studio. Featuring classic "beat-em up" action, the game also offers unique support mechanics in the form of artillery and sniper support. Players take the role of Dusty, a rabbit seeking revenge for the death of the love of his life. Along the way he will team up with an artillery wielding bear and a sharping shooting hound as they fight their way through a variety of environments.
DUSTY Revenge is a 2D action platformer with unique support character mechanics. Players get to play through different levels such as an old western town, lush jungle, industrial city and mysterious caves. They will engage in battle with different enemies such as rats, felines, bulls, moles, a gigantic Gorilla Boss, and a giant mechanical cobra.Learn more about the game at the link below.
Dusty Revenge (add to watch list)
Play as Dusty, the rabbit on a quest for revenge after the love of his life was killed in what seemed like a robbery cum arson. As Dusty seeks to avenge Daisy, his path crosses with 2 most unlikely allies, each seeking the common enemy for a different reason. However, he soon will unravel a scheme much bigger than his personal vendetta.
Players control Dusty, the main protagonist, executing and chaining combos to destroy the enemies. When things get too messy, his allies, Rondel the artillery support and McCoy the sharpshooter, are always ready to lend a hand or two.
Rondel joins Dusty in seeking out the enemy for a different purpose. Determined to save the life of his loved one, Rondel faithfully follows Dusty and with his wisdom, assists Dusty in choosing the right path time and again.
A seasoned sharpshooter with a mysterious past, McCoy appeared out of nowhere to save Dusty and Rondel from danger. Ever wary of this rifle-wielding ally, Dusty keeps him close for his bullets kill with deadly accuracy.
Utilize the unique support character mechanics to play through 8 lavishly drawn environments, defeat numerous different enemies and battle epic bosses to help Dusty achieve his revenge.
Dusty Revenge Trailer
The Music Of BioShock 2
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
The GameAgent Blog recently posted a new article about the music of Bioshock 2. Brought to the Mac by Feral Interactive, the genetically enhanced role-playing shooter returns players to the underwater city of Rapture, this time as a Big Daddy.
One of the greatest things about music is its ability to take on new contexts depending on what visuals accompany it. Just closing your eyes and listening to music can give you a direct impression of the music, along the lines of what the original artist intended. Use that same music as the soundtrack to a game and it will take on a completely new light and angle, expressing emotions and subtleties not apparent previously.Check out the full article at the link below.
GameAgent: BioShock 2 Music
No game soundtrack exemplifies this better than the soundtrack to BioShock 2. All of the songs are from a long bygone era, ranging from the 1920s to the 1950s. In their original context they sound innocent and syrupy-sweet. However, anyone who’s played BioShock 2 can attest to how creepy and chilling songs like “My Heart Belongs to Daddy” and “(How Much Is) That Doggie In The Window” can sound in a rotting city under the sea strewn with corpses. Take a listen right here:
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
BioShock 2 (add to watch list)
Buy BioShock 2
The Sims 3: Seasons Comes To MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Electronic Arts' The Sims 3: Seasons expansion pack is now available for purchase from Mac Game Store. Featuring elements for every season, the latest offering from The Sims Studio introduces all-new activities, seasonal festivals and celebrations, and dramatic weather effects.
Let your Sims swim in the ocean on a hot summer day, bob for apples in the autumn leaves, test their snowboarding skill on the half pipe, or welcome spring showers with a walk in the rain and a colorful umbrella. All-new activities, like soccer, and big seasonal festivals and celebrations bring the spirit of each season to life. Your Sims can pucker up at the kissing booth at the spring festival, or see what Halloween surprises await in the haunted house. Dress for the weather with seasonal fashions from sun dresses to raincoats and snow gear. With new foods, décor and weather effects, your Sims can enjoy the bounty and beauty of the ever-changing seasons and play with life like never before!The Sims 3: Seasons is available now for $39.99 (USD).
The Sims 3: Seasons (add to watch list)
- Delight your Sims with new activities for every season: Whether building an intimate igloo, carving a scary Jack o’ lantern, taking a plunge off the diving board, or setting off all-new fireworks, your Sim can always find new things to do throughout the year.
- Join the fun with seasonal festivals: Sims can get in a snowball fight at the annual winter festival, get their faces painted at the summer festival, whoop it up at the spring dance, or bob for apples during the fall festival.
- Experience the joy and challenge of changing weather: New weather effects and Sim reactions capture the power and beauty of nature! Sims can get a tan, be struck by lightning, or catch a cold!
- Bring the outdoors inside: Your Sim can now learn the recipe for pumpkin pie or style their home with new furniture and décor. There are a host of new items to ring in each season. Get a tanning booth in time for summer, or ring in the holiday spirit with house lights and decorations.
- Dress for the weather: Outfit your Sim in new styles for the season, including snow gear, summer dresses, raincoats and umbrellas, and new Halloween costumes!
- Welcome mysterious visitors: New weather patterns aren’t the only things appearing in the sky! Befriend an alien visitor and use their UFO to abduct a neighbor, invade a community lot, or travel to the stars.
- Mac OS X 10.5.7 Leopard or higher
- Intel Core Duo Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- ATI X1600 or NVIDIA 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100
- At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space, with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- This game will NOT run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems, or the GMA 950 class of integrated video cards.
- Mac OS X Supported Video Cards
- NVIDIA GeForce series (7300, 7600 8600, 8800, 9400M, 9600M GT, GT 120, GT 130)
- ATI Radeon series (X1600, X1900, 2400, 2600, 3870, 4850, 4870)
- Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) (GMA x3100)
Buy The Sims 3: Seasons
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, November 12, 2012
Friday, November 9, 2012
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.