Borderlands 2 Announced For Mac, November 20 Release
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 28 comments
Aspyr Media has announced it will be bringing Borderlands 2 to Mac users on November 20. The sequel continues the series trademark blending of first person shooter and role playing game elements with action packed gameplay and zany humor. The game features all new characters and classes, cross platform online play, a new story, new gun system, new environments, and new enemies.
Borderlands 2 furthers the distinct blending of First Person Shooter and Role Playing genres to create the true evolution of the Role Playing Shooter. Team up with up to three other players for four-player online goodness, sharing mayhem as you spend hours leveling up your character and equipping them with one of the millions of badass weapons. Borderlands 2 features a new visually stunning array of procedurally generated guns, shields, grenades, artifacts, enemies and more. Choose one of the four new character classes to be taken through a carefully crafted and connected story to all new and surprising environments across the living planet of Pandora. Make new friends, arm them to the teeth and fight alongside them on your relentless quest for revenge and redemption.Borderlands 2 is available to pre-order now for $59.95 (USD).
Borderlands 2 FAQ
- All-New Characters and Classes: Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game. Dual machine guns? Cool. Dual rocket launchers? Of course! Dual Sniper Rifles? Sure, if that's your thing! More tactical perhaps? There are multiple classes to choose from!
- Play Online with Friends: Share your adventures with friends on both Mac and PC through a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.
- World Connected Story: Left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora, begin your quest of revenge and redemption as the story drives you closer to the Hyperion Corporation and its evil founder, Handsome Jack.
- New Badass Gun System: Millions upon millions of possible weapons means tons of new and innovative ways to engage foes on Pandora. Fire, electricity, corrosive acid, and more will all be at your disposal.
- 87 Bazillion...Everything: It's not just guns on Pandora, you will lust after procedurally generated shields,grenades, alien artifacts, class mods and much, much more.
- Brand new environments: From the arctic tundra, through the dangerous grasslands, past the mysterious corrosive caverns to beyond, discover more of the unpredictable world of Pandora at every turn!
- Brand new enemies: Hulking, gorilla-like Bullymongs, vicious predatory Stalkers and the Hyperion mechanical army, run by Handsome Jack, are just some of the new enemies you will face.
From the FAQ:
- Operating System: 10.7.5 (Lion), 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)
- CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 13 GB
- Video Card Ė ATI: Radeon HD 2600
- Video Card Ė NVidia: Geforce 8800
- Video Memory (VRam) : 256 MB
- Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard
Q: Does Borderlands 2 for the Mac feature Steam Play?
A: Yes! Borderlands 2 for Mac is a full-featured Steam Play title. See https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9439-QHKN-1308 for more information on how Steam Play works from Valve.
Q: Will Mac players be able to play with PC players in multiplayer co-op?
A: Yes! Although in some cases when the PC updates content, the Mac version will be out of sync with the PC for a time. Aspyr is dedicated to minimizing any downtime between the Mac and PC versions. Itís important to note that during this time where the Mac version is catching up, Mac users will still be able to play with Mac users.
Borderlands 2 (add to watch list)
Buy Borderlands 2
Drox Operative Demo Now Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Soldak Entertainment has announced the release of a demo for the upcoming Drox Operative starship action RPG. The game will put players in the role of an elite starship captain and will feature warring alien races, fierce space battles, a dynamic and evolving galaxy, and co-op multiplayer.
Drox Operative is a starship action RPG with warring alien races, fierce space battles, a dynamic, evolving galaxy, and co-op multiplayer for Windows and Mac.Head over to the page below to download the demo, which weighs in at around 120 MB.
Eons ago the Drox ruled the galaxy through their mighty Operatives. These elite starship captains were trained to accomplish the impossible at whatever cost necessary. Whether employing stealth or brute force, they were always deadly. Using these Operatives, the Drox built a starlane system for quick travel amongst the stars, colonized and conquered millions of planets, and ruled the galaxy with an iron grip for over 100,000 years. Eventually realizing their Operatives were a threat, they attempted to assassinate all of them. They failed. The following Galactic Civil War was devastating.
Thousands of years later, the Drox are extinct, but the secretive Drox Operative guild lives on. They have learned their lesson though: loyalty to any one race is foolish. They now work for whoever can pay. And pay they do! Empires might span hundreds of planets and thousands of ships, but when a critical task arises, they still turn to an Operative.
In the new space race, the major races are scouting, colonizing, and expanding, trying to take over the galaxy by diplomacy, technology, war, or any other means their scheming minds can contemplate.
As a Drox Operative it's NOT your job to manage all of those annoying people, build thousands of buildings, play nice with your enemies, or balance the budget. It IS your job to pick the winning side and maybe even help them conquer the galaxy if you're being nice, more importantly though is to rake in as many credits as possible, well that and build the coolest, deadliest ship in the known universe. Not many screw with an Operative captaining a Dreadnaught!
- Explore a dynamic and evolving galaxy
- Explore a unique sector of the galaxy in every game, with different "monsters", ship components, quests, and even races
- Fight in the galactic war between the various alien races
- Battle hundreds of different enemy starships
- Build the coolest and deadliest starship in the galaxy
- Outfit your ship with thousands of components and crew
- Adventure with your friends with co-op multiplayer (only in full game)
Drox Opeartive Demo
Soldak Entertainment (add to watch list)
Drox Operative (add to watch list)
Buy Drox Operative
Sid Meier's Railroads! Demo Rolls Out
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Feral Interactive has announced the release of a demo for Sid Meierís Railroads!, the re-imagining of the legendary Railroad Tycoon. Developed by Firaxis Games and published by 2K Games for PC, Sid Meierís Railroads! comes to the Mac for the first time under the Feral Legends label.
First published in 2006 for PC, Sid Meierís Railroads! is a compelling combination of virtual train set and business simulator, putting players in charge of building their own railroad empire. Players control a vast collection of rolling stock from steam and diesel locomotives to modern electric trains, hauling goods and passengers across vast continents.Sid Meierís Railroads! for the Mac retails in North America for US $29.99, £19.99 (inc. VAT) in the UK and Ä24.99 (inc. VAT) throughout Europe.
Featuring 46 historically-accurate trains, 16 maps and seven mission-driven scenarios that span two centuries of American and European history,
Sid Meierís Railroads! challenges players to turn frontier lands into thriving civilizations by laying track and routing trains between farms, towns, mines and factories. With rival railroad barons such as Cornelius Vanderbilt and Charles de Gaulle on the scene, players will need to be quick, smart and decisive to stay on track.
Minimum System Requirements:
- 1.8GHz Intel Mac
- 3GB RAM
- 128 MB or better graphics card
- Mac OS 10.6.8 or later.
- The game does not support the following graphics cards: ATI X1xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
Check out the demo at the link below.
Sid Meier's Railroads! Demo
Sid Meierís Railroads! (add to watch list)
Buy Sid Meierís Railroads!
IMG Reviews World Of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Inside Mac Games has posted a new review of Mists of Pandaria, the fourth expansion for Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft. Features of Mists of Pandaria include the introduction of the Pandaren as a playable race, the new martial arts focused Monk class, a level cap increase to 90, and a range of new content to explore.
Here's an excerpt:
A player will find a variety of quests in the area he or she is sent to. Once they complete all the quests in an area, there is generally an achievement rewarded, which makes playing in Pandaria like a play, where you complete act I, II, and so on. Also, I have noticed a return of random treasure troves in Pandaria (they seem to have been seriously lacking in the previous two releases). I have found several, each offering a significant money reward, items of value, and now even experience (I found two that provided several hundred thousand experience points, just for opening the box!).Click over to the link below to read more.
IMG Review: WoW Mists Of Pandaria
Blizzard Entertainment (add to watch list)
World Of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Monday, November 5, 2012
Friday, November 2, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.