IMG Reviews Space Pirates And Zombies
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Inside Mac Games has posted a new review of MinMax Games' Space Pirates and Zombies. The action oriented top down space combat game challenges players to fight zombie infestations across the stars and features 33 ships, 70 unique components, and a physics based combat system.
Here's an excerpt:
The game looks absolutely great on even an older Mac. It plays pretty fast in fullscreen and windowed modes, has loads of quality background textures, particle effects, ship models, and zombie alternates to the main ship types. If you get in a huge ship loaded down with weapons, it's very satisfying to watch. There isn't much visual clutter, either, which is very helpful. You won't have a hard time picking your target out of the background or out of a large wad of weapon fire, which has been a problem in similar games of the past.Check out the full review at the link below.
Space Pirates And Zombies (add to watch list)
The soundtrack is also quite nice, despite the limited song choices. There are the usual tracks of action-packed, peaceful, and atmospheric music to keep you in the mood as you fly around, and the sounds are excellent. You won't find a jarring sound in the bunch, and they all serve their purpose quite well. You've got humming beams, pew pewing cannons, booming rockets, whining warps, and the usual set of interface sounds.
IMG Review: Space Pirates & Zombies
Buy Space Pirates And Zombies
Apple Avengers Opens A Can Of Worms At Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Mac Game Store has added Selosoft's action platformer, Apple Avengers, to its list of game titles available for download and purchase. In the game players take the role of Fuji, a heroic apple determined to defeat King Lumbricus and his army of Wild Wacky Worms.
"Apple Avengers" is an Action/Adventure/Platformer that puts you in the role of Fuji, a heroic apple who embarks on a quest through 5 bright and colorful worlds overrun by an army of worms. You will earn 7 different Powerups throughout the game allowing you to transform into one of the legendary Apple Avengers. Use their skills to fight, jump, fly and roll your way through 55 levels of platforming madness.Apple Avengers is available now for $2.99(USD).
Apple Avengers (add to watch list)
Can you stop King Lumbricus and his army of Wild Wacky Worms? Come jump in and find out. With loads of content, "Apple Avengers" provides a gaming adventure you will surely never forget!
- 2 Game Modes - Story Mode and Apple Dash! Complete a lengthy quest or engage in a unique automatic running game where you collect items and kill enemies to gain points while running for the highest score.
- Play with the keyboard or a Mac OSX compatible gamepad. The game comes pre-configured for the Logitech Gamepad F310 but works with any gamepad compatible with Mac OSX. The controls are fully customizable.
- Beautiful High Resolution graphics. The game has been revamped to support the Mac with gorgeous lighting effects, fog, terrain, high resolution textures, colorful scenery and additional special effects.
- 5 colorful and imaginative worlds, each with their own distinct theme, style and challenge.
- 8 playable characters and several unique abilities including Super Speed, Super Strength, Invincibility, Flight, Artillery, Slow Motion and more!
- More than 20 enemies and 5 epic boss fights. Each enemy has a different attack style so you better prepare for battle!
- 10 golden seeds are scattered throughout each level. Collect them all to unlock the bonus world upon completing the game for a true challenge!
- User friendly controls and easy learning curve.
- Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
- 128 MB VRAM
Buy Apple Avengers
Endless Space - Admiral Edition Now At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Iceberg Interactive's Endless Space - Admiral Edition is available now from Mac Game Store. The 4X space strategy title gives players the chance to take control of one of eight civilizations struggling for galactic dominion.
This galaxy is ancient, and its first intelligent life was the civilization we call the Endless. Long before our eyes gazed upon the stars they flew between them, though all that remains of this people is what we call Dust. A substance found scattered or in forgotten temples, it once gave powers to admirals and galactic governors. The galaxy will belong to the faction that can take control of the Dust and uncover its secrets…Endless Space - Admiral Edition is available now for $29.99 (USD).
Endless Space - Admiral Edition (add to watch list)
- 500 G2G - Boost your Amplitude account and add 500 G2G to the value of your votes for the game art and design on our website.
- "Endless Space" Forum Account Award - Adds a unique "Endless Space" Award on your Amplitude account profile.
- Official Digital Soundtrack
- A Born Leader: Guide one of eight civilizations as you strive for galactic dominion. Will you control the entire galaxy through subtle trade and diplomacy, explore every corner of the universe to find powerful artifacts and resources, overwhelm other civilizations with your advanced technologies, or destroy your enemies with massive armadas?
- Endless Discoveries: With hundreds of star systems to explore, different planet types, luxuries and strategic resources to exploit, the mysteries within the Dust to master and a host of strange scientific phenomena to deal with, the player will have no lack of challenges. Hire heroes to become fleet admirals or system governors and discover five hero classes and their unique ability trees and specializations.
- Space Opera: Experience Endless Space with state-of-the-art graphics and interface, switch between strategic battle decisions and long-term planning. Optimize each fleet for epic battles around contested stars. Create the perfect combinations from dozens of unique ships per civilization. Customize your ship with modules, armament, engines and special mods. The player has a plethora of choices of how to best destroy or dissuade his enemy .
- Take on the Universe: Play against up to seven opponents and build up – or break – alliances at will. Discover an innovative and dynamic simultaneous turn-based gameplay. Permit instant jump-in for your ongoing online games. Define your own custom civilizations and confront the ones created by your friends.
- Endless Replayability: Control every new game’s scope, from a quick match-up to an endless war. Generate an infinity of random galaxies where every start begins a new adventure. Modify the size, shape, density, age and a lot more to create your ideal galaxy. Choose from different victory conditions and adapt your strategy on the fly.
- CPU Type: Intel Mac Only
- CPU Speed: 2 GHz
- System RAM: 4 GB
- Drive Space: 2 GB
- Video (ati): ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT
- Video (nvidia): NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
- Video (intel): Intel HD Graphics 3000
Buy Endless Space - Admiral Edition
The Fall Trilogy - Chapter 1 Coming Soon To MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Coladia's adventure puzzler, The Fall Trilogy - Chapter 1: Separation, is now available for pre-order at Mac Game Store. The new game series is a point-and-click adventure title which puts players in the role of an amnesiac seeking to escape a mysterious temple.
After waking up in a mysterious temple, you realize you have lost your memory, and must find a way out!The Fall Trilogy - Chapter 1: Separation is available to pre-order now for $9.99 (USD).
The Fall Trilogy: Separation (add to watch list)
Use your Adventure game skills to piece together your past and solve a variety of challenges and minigames.
Dive deep into the world of The Fall trilogy and discover helpful clues and items that will lead you to freedom.
Can you find your way out of the temple and discover your past life?
- Point & Click game.
- 2 navigation mode available, fixed and 360° views.
- Photorealistic graphics with widescreen support 16/9.
- Variety of challenges with an increasing difficulty combine with hidden objects or jigsaw mini-games.
- A tutorial.
- Multiple help systems to assist the player:
- A tasks list
- Clues more and more accurate
- Ability to switch a mini-game from Normal to Easy mode.
- Voices and texts available in english, french and german
Buy The Fall Trilogy: Separation
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, October 12, 2012
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Monday, October 8, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.