EB Games Expo: IMG Interviews Evokemethod & Pub Games
6:00 AM | Andrew Lennox | 1 comment
Today brings us to part two of our series on the EB Expo. In this part we talked to Mustafa Wahidi from Evokemethod and Andrew Dickinson from Pub Games, who showed us their games Dream Chaser and Blast Points. Both these games really highlight the evolution of genres that we have all grown to love over the past few years. In the interviews we gain more insight into these small teams and how they manage time spent between their full time jobs and the hobbies they enjoy the most.
Also, along with these interviews, we have posted the full gallery of images showing you what was at the EB Expo. Each booth had its own character and feeling. The following images were among my favourite.
We hope you enjoyed our coverage. It was really great talking to these developers and getting them to tell their story. It is very easy to get lost in all they eye candy of Halo 4 or Assassins Creed 3, but it seems very apparent to me that the real heroes of this expo were the independent developers.
A special thank you must go out to the developers who took out time to talk to us as well as the people of EB Games for allowing us to cover it all. We hope to return again next year!
EB Games Expo Gallery
IMG: Blastpoints Interview
IMG: Dream Chaser Interview
EB Games Expo
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes Available For Pre-Order
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Daedalic Entertainment's Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes is scheduled for release this month, and is available to pre-order now from Mac Game Store. The game offers players a classic point-and-click adventure featuring hours of dialog, quirky humor, and 53 locations to explore.
In Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes, players return to the world of adventure game hit Edna & Harvey: The Breakout. Be prepared to meet many old friends and discover many new hand-made cartoon locations, realized in full HD glory!Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes is available to pre-order now for $19.99 (USD).
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
Lilli, a young girl at a convent school, is the main character of Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes. Seemingly the best-behaved little girl in the world, she executes all her chores in a diligent manner, no matter how unfair they may be. Her innocent, imperturbable way of carrying out the orders of others has something both tragic and eerie about it. Any angry thoughts, any childlike disobedience is buried deep beneath a seemingly impenetrable surface of sweetness. But how long will these feelings stay hidden? And where do the friendly little gnomes come from that paint over everything unpleasant in Lilli’s vicinity with a pleasant pink color? Are they real or just a product of her subconscious.
- Unique cartoon graphics, completely drawn by hand in 2D and implemented in Full-HD
- Classic point-and-click adventure gameplay like in the good old days
- Bizarre characters and wacky humor – a fun gaming experience
- Extraordinary game with challenging puzzles, hours of dialogue and 53 locations
- Exclusively produced achievements
- Nominated for “Game of the Year” at German Computer Games Awards 2012 and winner of “Youth Game of the Year” at German Computer Games Awards 2012 as well as winner of “Best Youth Game”, “Best Art Design” and “Best Story” at German Game Developer Awards 2011
- From the creators of the award winning game “The Whispered World”
Buy Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
Update For The Witcher Adds Lion & Mountain Lion Support
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 7 comments
CD Projekt has announced the release of a new patch for the Mac version of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut. Version 1.6.2 bundles the previous fixes made available in the 1.6.1 patch with an updated compatibility for Apple's Lion and Mountain Lion. Based on the writings of Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, the fantasy RPG follows the exploits of The Witcher, a monster slayer known as Geralt. Players must make difficult decisions in a world of gray areas as they struggle against forces bent on taking control of the world.
Changes in version 1.6.2 (10th Oct. 2012)Head over to the pages below for more information.
The Witcher: Mac Updates
Changes & fixes in version 1.6.1 (20th Sept. 2012)
- The compatibility layer software is upgraded to the latest version. In effect, the game can now be successfully launched on OS X Lion 10.7.5 and OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2.
- Problems with memory allocation resulting in crashes and "Out of memory!" messages have been corrected resulting in stability in tests improving by 30% or even by 80% depending on the computer's components.
- Major improvements have been introduced regarding the process of graphics effects' rendering.
- Most of the issues with crashes occurring during locations' loading have been fixed.
- Additionally, a small, yet noticeable performance improvement has been achieved, especially on older Macs.
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
Buy The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
Ghost Whisperer Haunting Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Legacy Interactive's Ghost Whisperer hidden object game is now available at the Mac Game Store. Based on the television series, the game follows the exploits of Melinda, Jim, Delia, and Eli as they struggle to solve the mysteries surrounding earthbound spirits.
Inspired by the popular TV series "Ghost Whisperer," take on the role of Melinda Gordon, who has a special gift...communicating with the spirits! Help ghosts with unfinished business to "cross over" into the light. "Forgotten Toys" follows the tale of a famous toy-maker whose haunting past seems to have finally caught up with him. "A Brush With Death" tells the story of a ghost haunting the Grandview Art Museum shortly after a very special painting is put on display. This hidden object, light adventure game is spooky yet heartwarming, and fun for everyone!Ghost Whisperer is available now for $6.99 (USD).
- Help the spirits find peace by uncovering clues to the past in this mysterious hidden object game!
- Scour 30+ spooky scenes based on the popular TV show and master over 20 puzzles!
- Includes TWO ghostly cases: A Brush With Death and Forgotton Toys.
- Play alongside the main characters from the TV show: Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt), Delia, (Camryn Manheim), Eli, (Jamie Kennedy) and Jim (David Conrad).
- OS: 10.8/10.7/10.6/10.5
- CPU: 1.8 GHz (INTEL ONLY)
- RAM: 128 MB
Buy Ghost Whisperer
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Monday, October 8, 2012
Friday, October 5, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.