SimCity Available For Pre-Order Now
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 9 comments
Electronic Arts's upcoming SimCity Limited Edition is now available for pre-order. Scheduled for an early 2013 release, development of the latest incarnation of the popular city building sim is being led by Maxis. SimCity Mac will once again give players the chance to construct and manage a thriving city. The Limited Edition will feature new characters, crime waves, a super hero HQ, and an evil villain lair.
SimCitySimCity Limited Edition is available now for $59.99 (USD).
The defining city simulation is back! Create the city you desire and make the choices that shape your city and power the Sims within it. Every decision, big or small, has real consequences. Invest in heavy industry and your economy will soar—but at the expense of your Sims’ health as pollution spreads. Implement green technology and improve your Sims’ lives while risking higher taxes and unemployment. Team up with your friends to solve global challenges: launch a space shuttle, reduce carbon emissions, or build magnificent wonders. Compete on global and regional leaderboards to be the richest, the dirtiest, the happiest or the best place to visit!
Limited Edition Bonus Content
- Constructible Worlds — Creative and customizable world that offers unique gameplay benefits, all with a fun tactile interface.
- Sims Matter — The Sims in your city speak to you directly and it’s up to you to respond to their needs. Will you listen and be the toast of the town? Or abuse your power for fame and fortune
- Specialize in What You Love — Mold your city as a casino resort, manufacturing hub, educational enclave, and more, and then watch as a unique look and feel spread throughout your city.
- Multiplayer — Build a region with friends for the first time! Collaborate or compete in regional and global challenges and make decisions that impact the greater SimCity World.
- GlassBox Engine — SimCity introduces GlassBox, the revolutionary simulation technology that gives you the power to impact individual Sims lives, manage city level simulation, and balance multiple city simulations at once.
New Characters - Protector of SimCity™ MaxisMan vs. The Evil Dr. Vu and his henchman.
Crime Waves - The EvilDr. Vu is loose and will create havoc in your city. Normal police have their hands full against this Super Villain. The Evil Dr. Vu will solicit Sims to become his henchmen and carry out his dastardly deeds.
Super Hero HQ - Place MaxisMan’s headquarters in your city to combat crime and keep your Sims safe. Upgrade with the Turbo Machine garage and The Reticulator landing pad.
Evil Villain Lair - Place Dr. Vu’s Lair in your city to unleash a crime wave. As The Evil Dr. Vu commits more crimes, upgrade his lair with a special laboratory and a garage for the Evil VuMobile.
Loren: Amazon Princess - The Castle Of N'Mar Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 5 comments
Winter Wolves has announced the release of Loren Amazon Princess: The Castle of N'Mar, an expansion for the company's fantasy RPG. The new addition introduces new zones to explore, new enemies to battle, new endings to experience, and three new playable characters.
The Castle of N'Mar:The Castle of N'mar requires Loren The Amazon Princess to play, and it is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux. The main game has a free demo available on the official website. Registration for the expansion costs $9.99.
Loren Amazon Princess: The Castle Of N'Mar
The expansion enriches the core game by adding thrilling non-linear quests into unexplored lands, several new playable characters, and brand new quests that give more insight into existing party members. You'll want to replay the game again and again with the many new endings now available – and the harrowing choices you'll need to make to get them.
It all begins when Amazon scouts have gone missing while investigating disturbances in the cursed land of N'mar … It is now up to Loren and her companions to find out what is really plaguing the dark castle by the sea.
- New Playable Characters – Sauzer, Mesphit, and Chambara from the original game can now be yours to control! They're dynamic new characters that behave differently in battle than anyone else. Two of them also come complete with full romance arcs. See how having them in your party now changes the main story!
- Non-linear Storyline – You decide how and when to complete the myriad of new quests that await you. No way is more correct than others, but everything has its own consequences.
- New Endings – Change the fate of the world once more by completing certain plot lines. There are many new surprises for both an old and new player to discover!
- Personal Quests – Get to know your party members much better by helping them complete a task that is very important to them. You'll travel all over the world and meet interesting new characters, all while forming a stronger bond with your allies.
- Optimized Gameplay – The battle system has been tweaked and rebalanced to provide you with a better gaming experience.
EVE Online: Retribution Coming December 4
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
CCP Games recently announced that the next expanion for its sci-fi MMO EVE Online will be released on December 4. Among other things Retribution will feature a new bounty hunting system, several new ships, overhauls for existing craft, and Crimewatch - a new way to track player behavior.
Welcome to EVE Online: RetributionLearn more at the links below.
EVE Online: Retribution
The uncertainty of change has every faction of EVE on full alert. CONCORD has revisited long-untouched regulation and moved to bring greater accountability to capsuleer actions. Meanwhile, concerns of growing power among the pilots has prompted protest from the four empires, and pirates across the universe have had their arrogant disregard for the law shaken by news of upcoming changes to who can bring them to justice.
A year of turmoil has paved the way for a new era. An era of new immortals, greater opportunity and lucrative retribution.
New In Retribution:
The immortal elite of the EVE universe live by a unique set of laws. It is not uncommon for some to find the decisions of the law lacking in appropriate justice. The bounty hunting system has been recreated to offer means for every EVE pilot seeking redress beyond what they or CONCORD can or will administer.
New Ships, New Roles
New pilots have a solid mining frigate available to them, with better yield and ore capacity to give them a competitive edge. Small craft combatants also have new selections to choose from, sporting new tech on board to prepare for the wars to come.
Additional updates include an overhaul of frigate-class ships to offer more choice and specialization, and a range of upgraded textures across the remaining sub-capital ships from CONCORD to Sansha's Nation.
EVE Online offers freedom of choice. Choose to protect. Choose to build. Choose to destroy. Choose to subjugate others. Crimewatch makes these choices more meaningful by providing consequences. Crimewatch increases the visibility of the choices a pilot has made, so that others can choose to act or react accordingly.
Freedom of choice is not limited by Crimewatch, freedom from consequence is.
Call Of Duty: Black Ops Survival Guide
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 4 comments
On the heels of Aspyr Media's release of Call of Duty: Black Ops for Mac, the Game Agent Blog has posted a new survival guide for the first person shooter. The game features CoD: Black Ops and the First Strike Content Pack, which includes 4 new multiplayer maps as well as an "exciting zombie experience", complete with its own multiplayer map.
Use TeamworkClick over to the link below to read more.
Game Agent: CoD Black Ops Survival Guide
Don’t be THAT guy. You know that guy who just runs around doing whatever the hell he wants for points and dies a billion times because of it. Unless you are a pro, you should be using teamwork with everyone on your side. Communicate with your teammates and don’t all pick the same killstreaks. For instance, someone using the spy plane will reveal targets on the map which other killstreaks can take advantage of like mortar or napalm strikes. Plus, letting your teammates know where all the enemies are is helpful.
In fact, Black Ops is more generous in doling out experience points for team-based actions so it works out in your favor. Additionally, being a part of the winning team that goes on a victory streak as opposed to the #1 player of the game will in all likelihood level you up faster than being a one-man army.
Call Of Duty: Black Ops
Buy Call Of Duty: Black Ops
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, September 28, 2012
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Monday, September 24, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.