Uprising44: The Silent Shadows Brings War To MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Uprising44: The Silent Shadows from DMD Enterprise is now available for purchase from Mac Game Store. The unique title combines elements of third-person action titles with real time strategy games and is set during the time of the Warsaw Uprising in World War II.
Uprising44: The Silent Shadows combines third-person action play with real-time strategy. It is a unique combination of the two modes of play, and has an in-depth and interesting story-line which has not yet been used in WWII computer games – the greatest civilian against Nazi occupying forces – the Warsaw Uprising. It is a story of the Silent Shadows - forerunners of modern day special forces - paratroopers dropped behind enemy lines to organize resistance and use diversionary tactics in the fight against the forces of the Third Reich. An appropriate audio-visual setting combined with cover system (an excellent, proven method of game play), the story-line, and diverse settings ensure a dynamic and enjoyable game not only for players familiar with this type of theme, but also those merely wanting casual entertainment.Uprising44: The Silent Shadows is available now for $14.99 (USD).
Uprising44: The Silent Shadows (add to watch list)
Play through an over-the-shoulder perspective gives a sense of reality to small groups of soldiers fighting in the tight confines of a city. You venture through buildings, cellars, streets, ruins and underground canals and take part in seemingly real skirmishes. You have available to use 16 types of weapons, depending on the tactics you choose. You can take cover, give orders to comrades, fight at close quarters, or at a distance - to get advantage over a superior number of the enemy.
You lead groups of uprisers that take part in heavy fighting on the streets of Warsaw. You as a leader will have to think strategically and improvise in quick changing situations of battle.
- First independent computer game that is based on the Warsaw Uprising
- An in-depth, inspiring story-line based on the greatest civilian uprising of WWII
- A unique combination of third-person game play and real-time strategy.
- OS: 10.5 or later
- Processor: Dual Core 2.4GHz processor
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Shader 4.0 compatible card (minimum: Nvidia GeForce 9800, AMD Radeon 4830)
- Hard Drive: 5 GB HD space
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Onboard Video Card: Not Supported
Buy Uprising44: The Silent Shadows
CD Projekt Mac Announcements, Cyberpunk Naming In October
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 4 comments
CD Projekt Red recently revealed an October 18th announcement event for some of its upcoming game projects. During the anouncement the company will unveil the official name of, and more details about, its upcoming Cyberpunk RPG project. CDPR will also offer more information about the Mac release of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.
The developers of The Witcher franchise CD Projekt RED studio and the DRM-free, digital distribution platform GOG.com will host a Special Event on the 18th of October at 6:00 p.m. (GMT). The whole event will be streamed online on facebook.com/thewitcher and www.gog.com. During the conference the developer studio will announce the official name of their futuristic new IP, based on the classic pen & paper RPG Cyberpunk. More exclusive details about the project will be shown.Check out the link below to read more.
CD Projekt Red Special Event
Not only console and PC users should tune in for the conference. Mac Computer users should be prepared for a bunch of thrilling announcements including more information about the upcoming release of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings for OS X. Speaking of new operating systems, GOG.com will also be announcing that it is bringing best PC games from throughout history to a new operating system. That’s not all of the news that GOG.com has planned for the Special Event, however: they will also be showcasing several new releases as well as giving gamers a unique chance to get some of the greatest classic games ever made for a literally unbeatable price. Remember – the live stream from the CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event starts October 18th, 6:00 p.m. (GMT). See you then!
Cyberpunk 2077 (add to watch list)
Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device Coming October 23
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Her Interactive's latest edition in the Nancy Drew adventure series is now available for pre-order. Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device puts players in the role of the famous sleuth as she tackles the case of a murdered physicist involved in a top secret Tesla-inspired facility.
Fear lingers in a remote laboratory after a physicist's suspicious demise. A police investigation resulted in nothing except a case as cold as the secretive personalities and steel walls that enshroud a top-secret Tesla-inspired facility. That's why the lab owner asked you, as Detective Nancy Drew, to expose the terrifying truth about The Deadly Device!Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device is available to pre-order now for $19.95 (USD). It is scheduled for an October 23 release.
Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device (add to watch list)
Requirements (subject to change):
- Uncover Obscure Tesla Insights! Discover true facts about this unsung and eccentric physicist and inventor
- Unlock Corporate Secrets! Interrogate coworkers as you examine multiple motives
- Solve Ingenious Puzzles! Tinker with strange mechanical wonders created by Tesla
- Play Addicting Arcade Games! Get a charge out of the new Aggregation puzzle game
- Sneak into Off-Limits Areas! Talk, walk and unlock your way into secret places
- Sleuth in the Day and at Night! Snoop or get the scoop from employees on day and night shifts
- Choose Difficulty Levels! Play at Amateur or Master Sleuth level and erase mistakes without starting over
- Intel Mac
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- Intel GMA X3000, ATI X1600, NVIDIA 7300 graphics card or better
Her Interactive (add to watch list)
Buy Nancy Drew: The Deadly Device
The Walking Dead Episode 4 Arriving In October
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Telltale Games recently revealed to IGN that the fourth episode of its episodic game adaptation of The Walking Dead comic series will be available in October. Based on the series by Robert Kirkman, the adventure follows the story of a band of zombie apocalypse survivors. Each episode following the first is uniquely tailored to the choices players made in previous installments.
The Walking Dead is a five-part game series set in the same universe as Robert Kirkman’s award-winning comic book series. Play as Lee Everett, a convicted criminal, who has been given a second chance at life in a world devastated by the undead. With corpses returning to life and survivors stopping at nothing to maintain their own safety, protecting an orphaned girl named Clementine may offer him redemption in a world gone to hell.Head over to the links below to learn more.
IGN: The Walking Dead Around Every Corner
A continuing story of adventure horror spanning across 5 episodes:
Episode 1 – A New DayFeatures:
Episode 2 – Starved for Help
Episode 3 – Long Road Ahead
Episode 4 – Around Every Corner
Episode 5 – No Time Left
- Based on Robert Kirkman's Eisner-Award winning comic book series, The Walking Dead allows gamers to experience the true horror of the zombie apocalypse
- A tailored game experience – Live with the profound and lasting consequences of the decisions that you make in each episode. Your actions and choices will affect how your story plays out across the entire series.
- Experience events, meet people and visit locations that foreshadow the story of Deputy Sheriff Rick Grimes
- Meet Glenn before he heads to Atlanta, explore Hershel’s farm before Rick and his group of survivors arrive and before the barn becomes a notorious location in Walking Dead lore
- You'll be forced to make decisions that are not only difficult, but that will require you to make an almost immediate choice. There’s no time to ponder when the undead are pounding the door down!
- An Adventure Horror game of 5 monthly episodes. Features meaningful decision-making, exploration, problem solving and a constant fight for survival in a world overrun by the undead
- Artwork inspired by the original comic books
Telltale Games (add to watch list)
The Walking Dead (add to watch list)
Buy The Walking Dead
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Monday, September 24, 2012
Friday, September 21, 2012
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.