Call Of Duty: Black Ops Coming To Macs September 27
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 9 comments
Aspyr Media has announced a September 27 release date for the Mac version of Call of Duty: Black Ops. The game will include Call of Duty: Black Ops as well as the First Strike Content Pack, which includes 4 new multiplayer maps as well as an "exciting zombie experience", complete with its own multiplayer map. The Rezurrection Content Pack will also be available as a separate purchase at launch. The other two Black Ops Content Packs, Escalation and Annihilation, will be available in November as a bundle.
Call of Duty: Black Ops takes players to conflicts across the globe as elite Black Ops forces fight in the deniable operations and secret wars that occurred under the veil of the Cold War. Featuring an epic single-player campaign, an incredibly deep multiplayer experience and expanded co-op gameplay, Call of Duty: Black Ops runs on the improved World at War engine and offers amazing enhanced graphics, streaming texture technology, and superior lighting effects.Call of Duty: Black Ops can be pre-ordered now for $44.99 (USD), 10% off the regular price. Learn more about the game at the links below.
Aspyr Media (add to watch list)
The included First Strike DLC gives you 5 incredibly diverse maps spanning the globe, including 4 new multiplayer maps and a chilling new Zombie experience, all at no extra charge!
- The hallmark intensity of Call of Duty returns with an impressive single-player campaign that takes players deep behind enemy lines as an elite Black Ops soldier engaging in covert warfare, classified operations, and explosive conflicts across the globe.
- ZOMBIES! For the first time on the Mac, fight to survive in one of the most thrilling and critically acclaimed co-op experiences in gaming.
- Expanding on the series' ultimate multiplayer experience, Call of Duty: Black Ops takes competitive play to new heights. Expect the fast-paced, action-packed combat you love with more features than ever before.
- Intel Mac
- Mac OS X 10.7.4 or later
- 2.4 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo
- 4 GB RAM
- HD: 15 GB
- ATI Radeon HD3870, nVidia GeForce 650M with 512 MB of Video Memory
- NOTICE: The following chipsets are not supported for Call of Duty Black Ops
ATI Radeon HD 2000 series, HD 4670, HD6630M
NVIDIA 8000 & 9000 series, GT100 series, 320M, 330M
Intel Integrated GMA950, x3100, HD3000 & 4000
- Requires Steam for activation
Call Of Duty: Black Ops (add to watch list)
Call Of Duty Black Ops Details
Call Of Duty Black Ops FAQ
Buy Call Of Duty: Black Ops
Guns Of Icarus Online: New Trailer & Launch Date
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Muse Games has released a new trailer for the upcoming post-apocalyptic airship combat game, Guns of Icarus Online. The company also revealed a new launch date for the game, October 29. Guns of Icarus Online is a co-operative airship combat game mixing together first-person shooter action with team-based strategy.
Three hundred years ago was the beginning of the war, the Great War that never really ended. Cities were converted to war machines or rubble, citizens to soldiers or refugees, and the war raged until it consumed the world and turned the fertile plains to dust. Only when nations ceased to exist did they cease to send out armies and fleets to do battle, leaving those who remained, struggling not for dominance now but for survival, to regroup and rebuild among the ruins of the modern age. Where scattered survivors met they sometimes clashed, their skirmishes spasmodically reenacting the great wars in miniature, and they sometimes found a common interest and banded together, sheltering in makeshift camps. The largest of the camps became towns, and the largest of the towns became burgeoning cities, as slowly, life returned to the once-verdant wastes. When a man named Gabriel built the Icarus, the first airship, and sailed across the Burren, connecting the isolated towns, some said it was an atrocity; some said it was the future; and some said it would change everything. They were all right. Soon, others followed in his footsteps and built new airships, and a new age of commerce, and conflict, began. Humanity once again has the chance to flourish, or to plunge once more into the greed and violence that already brought it to the edge of extinction. Click on over to the page below for more information.
Guns Of Icarus Launch Trailer
Welcome to Guns of Icarus Online, the first co-operative airship combat game mixing together first-person shooter action with team-based strategy. Up to four people will crew a ship, taking on one of the key roles of Captain, Gunner, or Engineer, and battling it out against other ships above the post-apocalyptic waste. In Guns of Icarus Online it will take teamwork and tactics to dominate the skies.
Muse Games (add to watch list)
Guns Of Icarus Online (add to watch list)
Monopoly Now At Mac Game Store
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
PopCap Games' digital take on the classic board game Monopoly is now available for download at the Mac Game Store. The game features animated tokens, 3D dice, and the chance to set your own house rules for a unique Monopoly experience.
Build your fortune as you buy, sell and trade the world's most famous properties in MONOPOLY, the classic board game come to life.Monopoly requires OS X 10.7 and is available now for $9.95 (USD).
Monopoly (add to watch list)
Take a spin around the world's favorite board in this fantastic version for everyone to enjoy. Ride the Reading Railroad, build a house on Baltic Avenue, or buy up the entire neighborhood, including utilities. As you wheel and deal your way to the top you'll be able to Pass GO, take a Chance or head over to Community Chest. Remember to stay out of Jail. Are you ready to own it all?
Prove your skills as the ultimate deal maker in up to three levels of difficulty. Use shiny animated tokens and 3-D dice. Plus, with the customizable "House Rules", you'll be able to change up the challenge any way you like. Give it a shot because it's your turn to get rich!
- Back and better than ever is the digital version of the classic family board game.
- Pass GO, ride the Reading Railroad, take a Chance card, and more.
- Prove your skills as the ultimate deal maker in up to three levels of difficulty.
- Use shiny animated tokens and 3-D dice.
- Customizable House Rules allow you to change up the challenge.
Pre-Order The Sims 3: Seasons At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Electronic Arts' The Sims 3: Seasons expansion pack is now available for pre-order from Mac Game Store. Featuring elements for every season, the latest offering from The Sims Studio introduces all-new activities, seasonal festivals and celebrations, and dramatic weather effects.
Let your Sims swim in the ocean on a hot summer day, bob for apples in the autumn leaves, test their snowboarding skill on the half pipe, or welcome spring showers with a walk in the rain and a colorful umbrella. All-new activities, like soccer, and big seasonal festivals and celebrations bring the spirit of each season to life. Your Sims can pucker up at the kissing booth at the spring festival, or see what Halloween surprises await in the haunted house. Dress for the weather with seasonal fashions from sun dresses to raincoats and snow gear. With new foods, décor and weather effects, your Sims can enjoy the bounty and beauty of the ever-changing seasons and play with life like never before!The Sims 3: Seasons can be pre-ordered now for $39.99 (USD).
The Sims 3: Seasons (add to watch list)
- Delight your Sims with new activities for every season: Whether building an intimate igloo, carving a scary Jack o’ lantern, taking a plunge off the diving board, or setting off all-new fireworks, your Sim can always find new things to do throughout the year.
- Join the fun with seasonal festivals: Sims can get in a snowball fight at the annual winter festival, get their faces painted at the summer festival, whoop it up at the spring dance, or bob for apples during the fall festival.
- Experience the joy and challenge of changing weather: New weather effects and Sim reactions capture the power and beauty of nature! Sims can get a tan, be struck by lightning, or catch a cold!
- Bring the outdoors inside: Your Sim can now learn the recipe for pumpkin pie or style their home with new furniture and décor. There are a host of new items to ring in each season. Get a tanning booth in time for summer, or ring in the holiday spirit with house lights and decorations.
- Dress for the weather: Outfit your Sim in new styles for the season, including snow gear, summer dresses, raincoats and umbrellas, and new Halloween costumes!
- Welcome mysterious visitors: New weather patterns aren’t the only things appearing in the sky! Befriend an alien visitor and use their UFO to abduct a neighbor, invade a community lot, or travel to the stars.
- Mac OS X 10.5.7 Leopard or higher
- Intel Core Duo Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- ATI X1600 or NVIDIA 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100
- At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space, with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- This game will NOT run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems, or the GMA 950 class of integrated video cards.
- Mac OS X Supported Video Cards
- NVIDIA GeForce series (7300, 7600 8600, 8800, 9400M, 9600M GT, GT 120, GT 130)
- ATI Radeon series (X1600, X1900, 2400, 2600, 3870, 4850, 4870)
- Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) (GMA x3100)
Buy The Sims 3: Seasons
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Monday, September 17, 2012
Friday, September 14, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.