|Thursday, September 20, 2012|
Combat Mission: Fortress Italy Demo Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Battlefront.com has announced the release of a free demo version of Combat Mission: Fortress Italy. The first in a "new family" of Combat Mission titles, CM:FI focuses on the Allied struggle to defeat Italy during World War II. The demo version contains limited functionality and content to showcase the full version of the game
Fortress Italy is a new "family" of Combat Mission games covering the Allied struggle to knock Italy out of the Second World War. This initial release deals explicitly with the battle for Sicily and sets the groundwork for future additions to simulate the hard fighting in the rugged terrain of "Europe's underbelly" up until the war's end in 1945.Head over to the links below to learn more.
Fortress Italy Demo
DEMO VERSION LIMITATIONS:
- only three scenarios are playable.
- QuickBattles are disabled (but the QB setup screen is visible)
- multiplayer modes (PBEM/TCP) are fully enabled
- the Scenario Editor is enabled and fully functional, but it will not allow you to purchase units, load, or save any maps
- contains nag screens during launch end exit of the demo.
Combat Mission: Fortress Italy
Buy Combat Mission: Fortress Italy
Space Pirates And Zombies Invades MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | 4 comments
MinMax Games' Space Pirates and Zombies is now available for purchase at Mac Game Store. The action oriented top down space combat game challenges players to fight zombie infestations across the stars and features 33 ships, 70 unique components, and a physics based combat system.
At its core, Space Pirates and Zombies is an action based, skill oriented, top down space combat game. It's similar to the ones we knew and loved in years past, but now using full physics simulation and modern graphics for those oh so pretty explosions. But as you dig deeper, SPAZ becomes much more.Space Pirates and Zombies is available now for $7.99 (USD), 20% off the regular price.
Space Pirates And Zombies
Instead of flying a single ship, you are in charge of an ever growing and evolving fleet, unlocking the rich tactical elements of SPAZ, all accessed at the touch of a button. Issue orders, change ships, apply fleet AI settings, all on the fly. At any moment the battle can change, and the Tactics Panel gives you the tools to make the battle turn in your favor.
As a layer on top of the action and tactics, we have a detailed technology and levelup system akin to what you would expect from an RPG. Learn to build new ships by destroying your enemies. Explore the galaxy to find components, use your hard earned research points to unlock their potential, and then customize every aspect of your new fleet.
Finally, there is the universe in which all this strife and adventure takes place. SPAZ features a persistent randomly generated Galaxy populated with story elements, factions, enemies, missions, items, to provide you with a unique experience each time you play. While you are struggling to survive, uncover the secret of an ever expanding Zombie infestation that spreads by establishing its own real time multi-tiered ecosystem.
- 33 ships to research, build, outfit and pilot.
- 70 unique components to discover and customize your fleet's performance.
- Totally physics based combat system.
- Fight Zombie infestations, battling a full zombie ecosystem comprising four stages of un-life.
- Explore a persistent randomly generated galaxy containing hundreds of star systems.
- Freedom to explore the galaxy and take on challenges at your own pace.
- Aid, flee, or exploit the warring factions in each star system.
- The unique event system lets the player change the balance of power in any star system
- Carefully spend your hard earned research points on hundreds of upgrades across 15 categories.
- OS: Mac OS X
- 10.6 or later
- Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor (1.8GHz or better)
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 500 MB Free Space
Buy Space Pirates And Zombies
Lost Head Physics Puzzler Launching October 10
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Lost Head, a new physics-based puzzle title from Alawar Entertainment, will arrive at Mac Game Store on October 10, and is currently available for pre-order. The game features 72 levels, five worlds, 10 interactive objects, and 30 collectibles.
Franken-Stitch has lost his head! Twist and turn your way through this physics-based puzzler to reunite him with his glorious dome. We've heard of losing your head, but this is taking it to a whole new level! Life is hard when your noggin won't stay sewn to your shoulders. Help Franken-Stitch reclaim his head by using realistic physics and interactive objects on 72 challenging levels spanning five awesome worlds! Let the good times - and the Franken-heads - roll!Lost Head can be pre-ordered now for $6.99 (USD).
Requirements (subject to change):
- 72 challenging levels
- Five awesome worlds
- 10 interactive objects
- In-game tutorial
- 30 collectibles
- OS X 10.5 or later
- 1 GHz processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 200 MB hard drive space
- 1024x768 screen resolution
Buy Lost Head
River Simulator 2012 Available At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
N3V Games' River Simulator 2012 is available for purchase from Mac Game Store. The simulation gives players the chance to get behind the wheel of a variety of different ships and vehicles related to water transport.
Explore German rivers like the Rhine and Main with several types of ships and experience a clear focus on technical details and realism — the main competences of the developer team weltenbauer.River Simulator 2012 can be purchased now for $19.95 (USD).
River Simulator 2012
In this elaborate simulation you get behind the wheel of seven different inland waterway ships and other vehicles made for transport on water, such as container ships or ferries, and accomplish divergent missions. Your missions will include moving liquids with a tanker ship or handling various maneuvers with a push boat.
The experience of a never before seen complexity of scenery will excite you. Sail along the Main from Frankfurt to Mayence up to the Dutch border and enjoy the elaborate and realistically rebuild, romantic Rhine-valley. You might even see the Cologne cathedral!
Next to sighseeing you can also play challenging missions. You would like to focuse on difficult maneuvers in the harbor? For this purpose, an autopilot takes over the steering along the rivers. Every successfully accomplished mission gets you experience-points, which can be invested in new, better ships.
And if this game makes you look for more challenges, you will be able to create and integrate your own ships through a convenient web interface. Only the end of the river and your fantasy are the limits.
- Huge map with realistically illustrated 3D-landscape, expanding from Frankfurt, Mayence up to the Dutch border
- Seven ships – based on existent ship builds – all have detailed cockpits with all functions
- Modding-friendly structures allow for a creating and integration of individual ships into the game
- Missions and assignments are based on the corresponding ship
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM
- AIT HD 4670 / NVIDIA 9400 M with 256 MB VRAM
Buy River Simulator 2012
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Monday, September 17, 2012
Friday, September 14, 2012
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.