|Friday, September 7, 2012|
Mac Game Store Unveils New Look And App
6:00 AM | IMG News | 38 comments
Mac Game Store has unveiled the open beta version of its website and new app. Among its new features the app offers a sleak, easy to use interface, an intuitive system requirements checker, automatic game updates, and a place to meet with your fellow Mac gamers.
Explore Thousands of Mac GamesThe new Mac Game Store App requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later. Click over to the site below to check out the store and take the new app for a spin.
Mac Game Store Beta
From hard-core shooters to amazingly fun casual games, thousands of quality Mac games are available for purchase and download. Explore the latest demos, dive into the best sellers, or check out the newest indie gems.
Mac Game Compatibility Checkerô
Ever purchase a game but only later learn it's not compatible with your Mac? The Mac Game Store app's built-in Compatibility Checker compares your Mac to the game's system requirements in real-time. Don't waste your money on games that won't work on your Mac.
Easy Downloads, Updates and Cloud
Purchase and download games wihout the hassle of DMG's. Keep games up-to-date with automatic game updates. Finished a game? Delete it and send it back to the cloud. Download it again from the cloud any time you want.
Community Forum, Chat, Polls and More
Chat with fellow Mac gamers, ask questions in the lively forum, and partake in cool polls. Got a great idea? Suggest your own ideas to Mac Game Store using User Voice, a unique way to submit ideas and vote on existing ideas for the Mac Game Store app.
Mac Game Store
Sparkle 2 EVO Now Available At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Forever Entertainment's Sparkle 2 EVO is now available for download and purchase from Macgamestore.com. The game puts players in charge of the evolutionary growth of a small aquatic creature and features three different evolutionary paths, 13 levels, and giant boss monsters to conquer.
Subtle, captivating, addictive. These three words describe the world of Sparkle - world in which you make a tiny aquatic creature evolve into becoming a grown, magnificent being.Sparkle 2 EVO is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Sparkle 2 EVO
We give you control over your Sparkle's development and wellbeing, and you have one goal - to evolve. Whilst exploring the Sparkle Void, you find various nutritious elements to eat. Sometimes you will even have to fight for food with other species. You become what you eat - you get to choose whether your sparkle becomes a fast and aggressive carnivore, a sluggish but fast-eating herbivore, or an omnivore, whose features lie somewhere in between.
Insight to your Sparkle's DNA strand will give you information about the progress and will help you plan which microelements you want to focus on eating next.
You will also get to fight giant bosses from time to time. But thereís no rush to keep the game in full swing at all times.
You may as well just relax, play the game on a slow pace, explore the sparkle void, consume nutritional elements, enjoy simple and surreal surrounding and listen to the ambient music soundtrack. The choice is all yours.
- Three different ways to evolve. Become a fast and agressive carnivore, a sluggish but fast eating herbivore, or an omnivore whose features lie somewhere in between.
- Play through 13 dreamlike looking levels.
- Fight giant bosses on your way to becoming a magnificent organism.
- Use GenLab to check your Sparkles DNA strand, your progress, status of your special skills, and plan what to eat next accordingly.
- Relax with great chilled-out ambient soundtrack.
Buy Sparkle 2 EVO
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Feral Interactive has released LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes. Developed by TT Games and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment for consoles, handhelds and Windows PC, LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes "takes the much-loved brick-based action of LEGO games to the next level with an intricate open-world structure and sparkling dialogue."
Batman returns to the Mac, and this time heís got company!LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes for Mac retails in North America for US $29.99, £19.99 (inc. VAT) in the UK, and Ä24.99 (inc. VAT) throughout Europe. Check out the links below to learn more.
When the Joker teams up with Lex Luthor to bring chaos to Gotham City, itís up to Batman, Superman and the rest of the Justice League to thwart their villainous plans!
Featuring a brand-new DC Universe story with sharp dialogue and humorous voice acting, players are given complete freedom to explore Gotham as a glittering cast of DC superheroes including Superman, Wonderwoman or the Flash. With piles of side-quests and fun activities scattered throughout an immense, open world, this is the biggest and best LEGO game yet.
- Fight for justice by playing as favourite characters such as Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman and of course, Batman!
- Experience a brand-new DC Universe story written by TT Games, with dashing heroes and notorious villains brought to life by sparkling dialogue.
- Fly over Gotham City as Superman, race through its streets as The Flash or use the Batmobile to explore the LEGO seriesí very first open world.
- Wield super powers, abilities and gadgets including Supermanís strength, Wonder Womanís Golden Lasso and Green Lanternís Power Ring.
- Master the Dynamic Duoís incredible suits, giving Batman the power to launch rockets, turn invisible and fly, and Robin the ability to walk up walls and perform acrobatics.
- Team up to fight the forces of evil in a co-operative mode that lets a second player drop in or out at any time.
- Protect Gotham City in variety of vehicles including the Batmobile, the Batwing and Jokerís Helicopter.
- Processor:1.4 Ghz
- OS: Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- RAM: 2.0 GB
- Free Space: 5.0 GB
- Graphics: 128MB
- Accessories: Keyboard
- The following cards are NOT supported: ATI X1xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series.
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Buy LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Changing Crowd Control In Diablo III
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Blizzard Entertainment has posted a new developer blog on upcoming changes for its action RPG sequel, Diablo III. The post focuses on changes to crowd control mechanics the developers plan to add to the game in the upcoming 1.0.5 patch.
How It Works:Read more at the page below.
Developer Journal: Crowd Control Changes D3
What This Means For the Player:
- Monsters have a "CC resistance" that is stored on a per-monster basis.
- The CC resistance starts at 0%. For every 1 second CC that is applied to the monster, the monster receives 10% CC resistance.
- Monsters lose 10% of their CC resistance every second that they are not CCíd.
- Elite monster CC resistance is capped at the current reduction values already active for Elites. In other words, CC resistance on most Elite monsters is capped to:
- 35% in Normal
- 50% in Nightmare
- 65% in Hell
- 65% in Inferno
- From a high level, diminishing returns are applied on consecutive stuns to reduce their effectiveness.
- You will never get an "Immune" message due to diminishing returns.
- Diminishing returns on Elite monsters cap out at the same values that are currently applied to Elite reductions.
- As previous mentioned, this means that near-infinite CC strategies will still work. We're okay with these strategies remaining viable, as we love how powerful it makes players feel. (That said, we will continue to keep an eye on these strategies and may make some changes in the future if we feel it will be better for the health of the game.)
- If two players are in a co-op game, the order in which they apply their stuns doesn't generally matter, so you shouldn't feel totally "screwed over" by the other person applying their stun before yours.
- A character using only the occasional CC every 10-15 seconds will always get the full duration in all difficulty levels.
Buy Diablo III
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Monday, September 3, 2012
Friday, August 31, 2012
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.