Serious Sam 3: BFE Blasts Onto Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Devolver Digital's Serious Sam 3: BFE is now available for purchase from Macgamestore.com. A prequel to the original Serious Sam: The First Encounter, the first person shooter challenges players to survive against legions of beasts and mercenaries invading earth.
Serious Sam 3: BFE is a glorious throwback to the golden age of first-person shooters where men were men, cover was for amateurs and pulling the trigger made things go boom. Serving as a prequel to the original indie sensation, Serious Sam: The First Encounter, Serious Sam 3 takes place during the Earth’s final struggle against Mental’s invading legions of beasts and mercenaries. Set against the collapsing temples of an ancient civilization and the crumbling cities of 22nd century Egypt, Serious Sam 3 is an exhilarating fusion of classic twitch shooters and modern gameplay features.Serious Sam 3: BFE is available now for $39.99 (USD).
Serious Sam 3: BFE (add to watch list)
- Frantic Arcade-Style Action – Hold down the trigger and lay waste to a never-ending onslaught of attackers or face being overrun by Mental’s savage beasts. No cover systems, no camping – it’s just you against them. All of them.
- Fearsome Enemy Creatures – A new battalion of unforgettable minions including the rumbling Scrapjack and towering Khnum join the legendary Headless Kamikaze, Gnaar and Sirian Werebull to create the fiercest opposition you’ve ever had the pleasure of mowing down.
- Spectacular Environments – Battle across the expansive battlefields of near-future Egypt bursting at the seams with total chaos. The shattered cities of tomorrow lined with the crumbling temples of an ancient world become your destructible playground.
- Destructive Arsenal – Unleash Serious Sam’s arsenal of weapons including a scoped assault rifle, the double-barreled shotgun, the explosive automatic shotgun, the punishing minigun, and the almighty barrage of flaming cannonballs! Carry all of Sam’s weapons at once and switch between each gun on the fly for maximum firepower.
- Brutal Melee Attacks – When the going get’s tough, the tough take matters into their own hands! Rip out the eye of a closing Gnaar, twist off the face of the hideous Scrapjack or snap the neck of an Arachnoid Hatchling for an instant kill.
- Co-Op Chaos – Go to war against Mental’s horde with up to 16 players online and annihilate everything that moves across 12 levels of mayhem. Try to survive wave after wave of enemies in the relentless Survival mode or go on a monstrous safari in Beast Hunt mode!
- Pure Multiplayer Mayhem – Drop the gauntlet and let the heavy ordinance fly in incredible versus modes like Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Last Team Standing and My Burden. This is the next level of Serious Sam multiplayer and all hell is about to break loose!
- Split Screen Modes – Huddle up with split screen co-op and multiplayer versus modes with up to four players on one screen. Hey, stop looking at my screen!
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Hard Disk: 6 GB
- nVidia GeForce GT 120/9600M/320M, or ATI (AMD) Radeon HD 4670. Intel integrated GPUs are not supported.
Buy Serious Sam 3: BFE
First Zombeer Gameplay Video Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Moonbite has released the first gameplay trailer for its upcoming "first-person-survival-horror-comedy-shooter," Zombeer, Zombies & Beers. Developed on a multiplatform engine in partnership with Padaone Games, the game is planned for release on a variety of platforms, including Macs, by the end of the year.
The video features the very first gameplay action of Zombeer, as well as appearances from the Octogun (a weapon that watches you!), the Zombeerleaders, who will largely boost the performance of surrounding zombies, and of course, a mysterious zombie in mankini swimsuit…Head over to the link below to learn more.
Zombeer (add to watch list)
Ninja Guy Makes The Leap To Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Immunity Studios recently announced the release of Ninja Guy 1.0 for OS X, a Mac version of their iOS action title. Players take the role of a ninja assassin hoping to prove himself to the Holy Cow Sensei by defeating a variety of foes. The game features swordplay, martial arts, and a variety of bosses to defeat.
Featuring exciting bosses, environments, swordplay, dramatically powerful martial arts, and quests, the game has been designed as a step on the path for each player to realize their inner Ninjaness, and ultimately defeat a gigantic Minotaur. Always ready with a quick verbal taunt or a dose of cheesy and dim-witted Ninja wisdom, the hero battles many foes and epic bosses in this single-player action game. The comical dialogue is central to the gaming experience. Ninja Guy is an ideal, fast-paced, action adventure game for those who may truly be ready to prove themselves to the mighty Holy Cow Sensei and achieve their Ninjaness.Ninja Guy 1.0 for OS X is available now for the special introductory price of $0.99 USD (normally $2.99). Read more at the link below.
Ninja Guy (add to watch list)
Ninja Guy for iOS, the funny, 3D action/adventure game has created a cult following on iOS and Android, hitting the top 50 on the U.S. App Store charts and breaking the iPad Top 15 in the Adventure category. It has had over 300,000 downloads, and built a 68,000 strong Facebook community of Ninja Guy Fans. Now, Ninja Guy has arrived at the Mac App Store!
Everyone knows to become a true Ninja, one must defeat a giant Minotaur. This particular Minotaur has hidden himself behind a horde of jungle creatures, a hog kingdom, and a legion of giant spiders, skeletons and mini-taurs. Enter Ninja Guy, the newest of the Holy Cow Sensei's students. Players can join him on this funny, fast paced, action adventure by downloading Ninja Guy. NinjaGuy battles through a varied set of environments, from a peaceful training village to a hell-like demon world in order to prove himself and gain his Ninjaness.
- Fast paced Action adventure with platformer elements
- Use an array of powerful special moves such as Ninja Stars, Kamikaze, Ground Breaker, and Whirlwind
- Battle huge waves of up to 60 enemies simultaneously
- Story And Arena game Modes
- Varied Gameplay on every level in story mode
- Super Cool characters with awesomely funny personalities
- Many unique Bosses
- Dynamic and Full Motion Video Cutscenes
- Superb 3D graphics and effects with support for older and newer hardware
In its graphics & animation, game physics, and controls Ninja Guy is a console-like, action adventure game that allows players to battle up to 60 enemies simultaneously. According to Mel Georgiou of Immunity Studios, "Ninja Guy for OS X has been designed to merge console-like gameplay and depth with the simplicity of casual titles."
The game has been optimized for use with joypads, but also provides great gameplay using the keyboard and mouse. Players have the ability to engage enemies with a large array of attacks. As Ninja Guy lays waste to his enemies, he generates Ninja Focus, which enables him to use special attacks, such as the Kamikaze, Whirlwind and Ground Breaker. The gameplay is fast, action based, and keeps the player entertained with the funny and bizarre story of the Ninjaverse. Hundreds of enemies can be killed in less than a minute.
The game has an Arena mode and a Story mode. The Story mode allows gamers to engage in an ongoing campaign. The game comes with two episodes. The first episode contains a single level, the Ninja Dojo, and is designed purely to introduce the user to the fundamentals of gameplay. The second episode, Rise of Ninja Guy, is where the story really kicks off, with the ultimate goal of defeating a gargantuan Minotaur and players finally earning their Ninjaness. The Arenas allow Ninjas to test their skills and see how many enemies they can defeat in a set time.
"His Ninjaness is too mighty, his wit is faster than his blade, his arrogance knows no bounds, his story is destined for legend, and his legacy is yours!" stated Mel Georgiou of Immunity Studios. "You control Ninja Guy on his epic journey. Do you have what it takes to earn your Ninjaness? Oh, one more piece of advice before you download this app... Guns don't kill people. Ninja Do!"
- Intel Mac
- Requires Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
- 2GB RAM
- 265.00 MB
Nordic Games To Publish The Raven
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Nordic Games has announced a deal with KING Art to publish the company's next point and click adventure, The Raven. The game will revolve around the player's attempts to capture an art thief in 1960's Europe. Nordic previously worked with KING Art to launch The Book of Unwritten Tales.
“We have built up a great working relationship with KING Art whilst working on the Book of Unwritten Tales and it’s great that we can continue to work with them on such an exciting project,” said Klemens Kreuzer, General Manager Nordic Games. “The Raven is one of the most thrilling titles we’ve had the pleasure of working on and we know that it will appeal to a wide audience.”Learn more at the website linked below.
The Raven (add to watch list)
“The Raven is a key title for us and Nordic Games has shown a great passion to deliver the best of the best whilst working on our previous titles. They know exactly what we need to make our games a great success,” says Jan Theysen, Creative Director at KING Art. “We have a strong creative team behind us and this new agreement that we have reached with Nordic Games means that we can continue to deliver innovative games.”
Set across 1960’s Europe, The Raven is a stunning fast-paced point and click adventure journeying through thrilling and dense atmospheres with the aim of catching the art burglar, The Raven. Players follow The Raven’s trademark black feather clues to capture the thief and to protect a legendary sapphire, the “Eye of the Sphinx” on its journey from Switzerland to Egypt.
This criminal tale for PC, Mac, and consoles – full of twists and turns – immerses the player in both sides of the story, the investigators’, as well as the thief’s, thereby combining elements of ‘Whodunit’ with a Heist-story.
At this year’s Gamescom, a first-look demo will be showcased, along with other game assets in the business area at the Nordic Games boot.
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, August 10, 2012
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Monday, August 6, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.