|Wednesday, August 8, 2012|
Hero Profiles Now Available For Diablo III
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Blizzard Entertainment has announced the release of a new hero profiles feature for players of the Diablo III action RPG. The web based profiles allow players to track the progress of their character and share it with others.
All you need to do is log in with your Battle.net account (look for the login box in the upper-right hand corner of your screen) to access character profiles from any page on the Diablo III community site. Make sure that you've selected your Diablo III BattleTag in the login box, and, once you've selected your BattleTag, choose 'view profile'.Read more about Hero Profiles, and Blizzard's plans to expand the feature in the future, at the link below.
Profiles give you the power to:
- View your heroes’ gear, stats, and skills. How high have you raised your characters’ attributes? What are they wielding in each slot? What are their most prominent gear bonuses? What skills comprise their current build? Nuance awaits you in the Heroes tab.
- Track your game progress. How many acts have you cleared? What bosses have you shredded in each difficulty? How far have you leveled up your hardcore and normal artisans? Find out in the Career tab. You can also check your play time (by class) throughout your entire Diablo III career, and learn how many monsters and elites you’ve slain.
- Share with your friends. The Friends tab lets you check out your BattleTag friends’ characters, so that you can quickly compare notes on gear, skill & rune choices, and everything in between. You can also click on a BattleTag in the Diablo III forums to go directly to that player’s profile.
Diablo III Hero Profiles
Buy Diablo III
Battle Demons At MGS In Theatre Of The Absurd
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has announced the availability of Gogii Games' Theatre of the Absurd for download and purchase. In the puzzle adventure title players must learn to master the dark arts to save a child from demonic forces.
Scarlett Frost, specialist in the dark arts has been summoned to a luxurious and remote theatre in the snowy Italian Alps. Could it be that the infamous and diabolical Hapsburg Cube has been found and purchased by the sinister theatre proprietor, Dr. Corvis ? The cube is said to imprison a powerful and ancient Babylonian demon that would wreak hellish destruction if the cubes should break.Theatre of the Absurd requires and Intel Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later, and is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Theatre Of The Absurd
In a moment of desperate confusion the cube breaks and the demon bursts forth into the souls of the Dr. Corvis and his young Daughter Bethany. The ancient theatre in the lonely winter mountains becomes an arena of spiritual war, between the darkest forces of the underworld and the cunning and esoteric mind of Scarlett Frost.
But Scarlett soon finds out that the only way to fight a demon this powerful is to become possessed by one herself. Only then can she acquire a ticket to the Theatre of the Absurd.
- Learn several dark arts and use them against the demons. Watch as your own hand channels all of the powerful spells as you unlock puzzles and vanquish evil spirits from the theatre.
- Explore the beautiful and ancient theatre crafted by an award winning design team.
- Collect the Bell Artifacts needed to save the girl from the beast.
- Match wits with diabolical characters and ancient demons.
- Search the terrible labyrinth of the mysterious and timeless Theatre of the Absurd.
- Glimpse the terrible past for survival clues… if you dare.
- Untangle unique puzzle environments with found objects and dark cunning.
- Can you coax the demon out of the little girl before it takes her soul?
- Hours of mind-bending, next generation hidden object adventure presented with unique 3-d effects.
Buy Theatre Of The Absurd
XYLA Entertainment Seeks Kickstarter Funding For Rush Bros
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
XYLA Entertainment has announced the launch of a new Kickstarter campaign to promote Rush Bros. Described as a platforming multiplayer music based racing game with a revolutionary modern twist, the game challenges players to race through levels set to the player's own music. The music directly influences the way the platforms shift and move. XYLA is hoping to reach its $50,000 goal, which will allow them to "build final levels, create missing art and apply final polish."
Remember the movie “The Wizard” where they debuted Super Mario Bros 3 and all the players raced against each other at the same time? Well Xyla Entertainment liked that idea so much they built a game around it.Learn more at the link below.
Rush Bros Kickstarter
Lead Game Designer, Ian Boswell describes Rush Bros as a “Fast-paced racing game from the people who played ‘I Wanna be The Guy’ and thought it was too easy.”
Boswell went on to say “Rush Bros is a 2D platforming experience unlike any so far, not only where seasoned veterans would be expected to die repeatedly to reach a goal, but a game which allows for single player and real-time split screen competitive play. Characters can wall-jump, ground-pound, power-slide, and even perform classic power-jumps. The goal of your game is to reach the end of a stage to press a magic button that will crush your opponent.”
“The real secret ingredient”, added Boswell, “is the unique music feature we have developed allowing you to play the game to your own personal library of music tracks. The music you pick will not only influence how the stages looks but how they play.”
XYLA Entertainment are appealing for fans of platforming games to help them raise their target of $50,000 over the next 30-days which will enable them to build final levels, create missing art and apply final polish.
KickStarter donations vary from $1 to participate in the game beta, all the way up to $10,000, which will enable you to spend time with the company CEO, have a custom XYLA Entertainment iPad3, 4 VIP tickets to the game launch party, limited edition game art book and merchandise as well as a host of other mouth watering rewards. To see the full list of rewards and find out more about the game please visit: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/myxyla/rush-bros?ref=live
The game is slated to launch on the Steam Network in late Q4 2012 on PC & MAC with 30 initial game levels. More DLC expansion is planned in 2013, which will include a game Level Editor.
Mists Of Pandaria: New Roaming World Boss Previewed
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Blizzard Entertainment recently updated its Mists of Pandaria preview site with some new information about the upcoming World of Warcraft expansion. The update features Salyis's Warband, one of two new roaming world bosses.
Check out the Mists of Pandaria preview website and get a first glimpse at one of the two new roaming world bosses: Salyis’s Warband! These extremely powerful monsters will do everything in their power to make your life more... “interesting” as you explore the mysterious continent of Pandaria.For more information follow the link below.
Mists Of Pandaria World Boss Preview
World bosses spawn in the open world and can be attacked by any player (un)fortunate enough to cross their paths. Salyis's Warband will be quite rare, while the expansion's other boss will appear with fairly regular frequency. But before you charge headfirst into battle, keep in mind that it will take the combined efforts of a full raid to bring one of these guys to their knees.
Taking down a world boss is no small feat, but the rewards make it all worthwhile: achievements, fabulous items, and massive bragging rights will all be yours if you and your comrades in arms succeed in felling one of these roving terrors. Check back soon for more info on the game's other world boss, the Sha of Anger!
World Of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, August 6, 2012
Friday, August 3, 2012
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.