Drox Operative Available For Pre-Order
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 9 comments
Soldak Entertainment has announced that its upcoming starship action RPG, Drox Operative, is now available for pre-order. Those who pre-order the game now will receive full access to the latest beta build, a reduced pre-order price of $14.99, the opportunity to give feedback, and the final version when it becomes available.
Drox Operative is a starship action RPG with warring alien races, fierce space battles, a dynamic, evolving galaxy, and co-op multiplayer.Learn more about the game at the page below.
Soldak Entertainment (add to watch list)
Eons ago the Drox ruled the galaxy through their mighty Operatives. These elite starship captains were trained to accomplish the impossible at whatever cost necessary. Whether employing stealth or brute force, they were always deadly. Using these Operatives, the Drox built a starlane system for quick travel amongst the stars, colonized and conquered millions of planets, and ruled the galaxy with an iron grip for over 100,000 years. Eventually realizing their Operatives were a threat, they attempted to assassinate all of them. They failed. The following Galactic Civil War was devastating.
Thousands of years later, the Drox are extinct, but the secretive Drox Operative guild lives on. They have learned their lesson though: loyalty to any one race is foolish. They now work for whoever can pay. And pay they do! Empires might span hundreds of planets and thousands of ships, but when a critical task arises, they still turn to an Operative.
In the new space race, the major races are scouting, colonizing, and expanding, trying to take over the galaxy by diplomacy, technology, war, or any other means their scheming minds can contemplate.
As a Drox Operative it's NOT your job to manage all of those annoying people, build thousands of buildings, play nice with your enemies, or balance the budget. It IS your job to pick the winning side and maybe even help them conquer the galaxy if you're being nice, more importantly though is to rake in as many credits as possible, well that and build the coolest, deadliest ship in the known universe. Not many screw with an Operative captaining a Dreadnaught!
- Explore a dynamic and evolving galaxy
- Explore a unique sector of the galaxy in every game, with different "monsters", ship components, quests, and even races
- Fight in the galactic war between the various alien races
- Battle hundreds of different enemy starships
- Build the coolest and deadliest starship in the galaxy
- Outfit your ship with thousands of components and crew
- Adventure with your friends with co-op multiplayer
Drox Operative (add to watch list)
Buy Drox Operative
Blades Of Time: Limited Edition Now At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | 2 comments
Gaijin Entertainment's Blades of Time: Limited Edition is now available for purchase from Macgamestore.com. The action adventure puts players in the role of Ayumi, a gun and sword-wielding treasure hunter in search of new challenges. The game features colorful characters, eye pleasing graphics, a ton of treasure to uncover, and a large variety of combat skills to master.
Ayumi, the gorgeous gun and sword-wielding treasure hunter, sets out on a journey to an ancient island in search of new adventures. While rich in bounty, the island is also filled with the magic of Chaos, being at the same time home to blood thirsty monsters. With a host of colorful characters, eye-popping visual appeal, tons of treasure and a huge variety of combat skills to master, Blades of Time will bring just as much fun and satisfaction both to gamers that are new to the action adventure genre and to experienced players.Blades of Time is available now for $39.95 (USD).
Blades Of Time: Limited Edition (add to watch list)
The Blades of Time Limited Edition includes:
- Blades of Time
- Dismal Swamp DLC
- Sky Islands: Exclusive Limited Edition map for the Outbreak mode
- Blades of Time Art Book (PDF)
- Pack of Wallpapers in high resolution quality
- Original Soundtrack (MP3)
- About the Game
- Time Rewind. The ability to rewind time will help Ayumi to solve different puzzles and fight with armies of monsters.
- Meetings and encounters. While traveling Ayumi is sure to meet lots of cuddly, funny and mysterious characters. Each of them will make a contribution to the story of the blonde's risky adventures.
- Beautiful in-game world. The world of the game is packed with a variety of fantastic landscapes. Here players can find everything: from snowy valleys to dense jungle, ancient cities and temples and even sky islands.
- Martial arts. Over 40 different combo attacks as well as spells of different magic schools will help Ayumi to defeat all the enemies that stand in her way.
- Precious time. Ayumi’s ability to speed herself up in no time will help her to catch up with enemies, flee from her pursuers and travel all over the in-game world, making use of its unique landscape features.
- Coop and PvP are available in the special "Outbreak" mode.
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- Core i5 - 2.5
- 2 GB RAM
- AMD 6750 or GeForce 9600
- 3 GB HD Space
- Broadband Internet connection
Blades Of Time Trailer
Buy Blades Of Time: Limited Edition
Mists Of Pandaria Talent Page Updated
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Blizzard Enterainment recently updated its talents page for the upcoming World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria expansion. Among other things the new page offers a range of skills and talents available for the new Monk class. Features of Mists of Pandaria include the introduction of the Pandaren as a playable race, the new martial arts focused Monk class, and a level cap increase to 90.
In the upcoming expansion, players will be able to explore the long-lost continent of Pandaria, which has remained hidden from the world since the sundering of Azeroth over ten thousand years ago. In the aftermath of the Cataclysm played out in World of Warcraft’s third expansion, Pandaria’s heroes are emerging from their land’s lush forests and cloud-ringed mountains to choose sides in the escalating war between the Alliance and the Horde and to share the extraordinary secrets of their ancient martial arts. As tensions between the factions near a breaking point following the discovery of this new world, players will be called upon to explore Pandaria’s exotic expanses, make contact with its strange indigenous creatures, and unlock the world-changing secrets that have been hiding in the mists for millennia.Check out the newly updated Talent page to start exploring.
WoW: Mists Of Pandaria Talents Page
New features coming in the game’s fourth expansion include:
- New Playable Race -- Pandaren: Adventure through Azeroth as World of Warcraft's first neutral race and decide whether to side with the Alliance or the Horde.
- New Playable Class -- Monk: Unlock the secrets of pandaren martial arts and do battle as a damage dealer, healer, or tank.
- Level Cap Increased to 90: Learn potent new spells and abilities while exploring uncharted zones and taking on challenging new content.
- New Zones: Explore the lush Jade Forest, treacherous Kun-Lai Summit, and other exotic areas of Pandaria designed for high-level characters, and uncover the mystery of the Wandering Isle.
- Scenarios: Join up with some friends to achieve a common goal, such as mounting a defense against invading monsters, in a flexible new type of PvE challenge.
- Dungeon “Challenge” Modes: Master the ultimate five-player time trial to earn prestige rewards in a new dungeon mode that will put your resolve and coordination to the test.
- Pet Battles: Challenge other players’ companion pets with your own collection in a new tactical mini-game, and find out who's king or queen of the pint-sized battlefield.
- New Talent System: Customize your character to suit your play style with the newly overhauled and improved talent system.
Blizzard Entertainment (add to watch list)
World Of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria (add to watch list)
New Trailer Available For Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
A new trailer is now available for Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs, the upcoming first person horror title in development at thechineseroom. Although not a direct sequel to Frictional's original game, the first person horror title exists in the same universe and takes place on New Year's Day 1899, in London.
The year is 1899. Wealthy industrialist Oswald Mandus has returned home from a disastrous expedition to Mexico, which has ended in tragedy. Wracked by fever, haunted by dreams of a dark machine, he recovers consciousness in his own bed, with no idea of how much time has passed since his last memory. As he struggles to his feet, somewhere beneath him, an engine splutters, coughs, roars into life...Check out the trailer at the link below.
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Trailer
Amensia: A Machine For Pigs
Frictional Games (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Monday, June 11, 2012
Friday, June 8, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.