IMG Reviews The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Inside Mac Games has posted a new review of CD Projekt Red's The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut. Based on the writings of Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, the fantasy RPG follows the exploits of The Witcher, a monster slayer known as Geralt. Players must make difficult decisions as they struggle against forces bent on taking control of the world.
Here's an excerpt:
There are several different methods of sword play that can be used, selecting the appropriate one for the thing you are interacting with is an important aspect of battle. There are methods for strong or large opponents, for quick opponents, and for a group of opponents. These methods are available for both the steel and silver swords. However, taking on more powerful monsters requires more than good swordsmanship. Often, reading about the creature in Geralt’s journal will reveal certain strategies and/or magic/alchemy functions that make the battle easier or in some cases even possible. Obviously, this is more and more important as the difficulty of the game increases.Click over to the full review at the link below.
IMG Review: The Witcher
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
Buy The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
Dogfights 2012 Flies Onto Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has updated its catalog of games available for purchase with the addition of Dogfights 2012 from iEntertainment Network. The World War II combat sim gives players the chance enter the unfriendly skies above a variety of historical terrains in a choice of over 100 aircraft.
Dogfights 2012 Enhanced Graphics gives players fast-flying combat aerial fights across the embattled skies of Europe and the Pacific during WW II with a brand new graphic system, with more polygons and more detail in the aircraft, the terrains, and all the special effects. New sounds, new tracers, new explosions greatly enhance the Dogfights 2012 EG experience! Players can choose among 100 historically accurate aircraft to battle an armada of incoming aircraft in thousands of unique action packed combat mission combinations. Dogfights 2012 is available now for $29.95 (USD).
With Dogfight 2012’s dynamic game engine, no two air battles will ever be the same. Imagine a dogfight with you against 10 MeBf-109s …you’re low on fuel, your ammo is running out…only your airspeed, altitude, and your steely self-control will keep you alive on the Ace level! Get in some shots and get out or you die!
Gamers choose one of three levels of pilot expertise: Rookie, Veteran, or the highly skilled Ace. In each air battle the player can score points, build rank, and acquire medals to compete for the coveted title of WGFP – Worlds’ Greatest Fighter Pilot!
Players can fly over multiple historical terrains including England, Europe, and North Africa, including many of the great cities like London, Paris, and Berlin. Players can participate in Pacific battle campaigns over the Philippines and Midway terrains.
Players who purchase Dogfights 2012 at retail also get a 30-day free trial in the aerial combat MMOG WarBirds where players can compete in air-to-air action against other real players in online combat and join online squadrons. They can go on raids with their squadron mates and participate in reenactments of many of the great air events of World War II. Online WarBirds can be found at www.Totalsims.com. Players can learn how to manage air-to-air combat online in real time, and to fly with live personal trainers by logging into the online arenas of WarBirds.
Dogfights 2012 is a fast action simulation where the player lifts off and is right into the Action. No searching for a battle in Dogfights 2012! The Battles come to the player! And it is a true simulation that will task all the players skill to learn enough about combat aviation to survive and prosper as a Fighter Pilot! With simple action in the Arcade Level, challenge for the experienced action flight sim fan in the Pilot Level, and the ultimate conflict in the Ace Level, players of all ages and skill levels with have fun over and over with the varied and exciting missions of Dogfights.
Dogfights 2012 sets up a series of historical mission types and terrains. In each mission type and terrain, hundreds of random missions are generated for the player to fly so no two missions are ever the same! In the list below of Mission Options the player could choose any Mission Option and the only things that remain constant are the terrain and the number of enemies. The types of enemy aircraft, where the enemy aircraft takes off from and where they head for their missions are randomly generated from a table of probable real missions of World War II.
The player gets to pick from one of six aircraft to take on the enemy on each mission!
- Proven Track Record. Brand new version of the World Famous WarBirds TotalSims series of games that have sold over 1 million retail games and deemed the “top of the online flight-simming pyramid”1 and several time winner of “simulation of the year” awards.
- Single-player Action Combat. The Player is thrown right into the action with multiple geographical terrains, multiple mission types, and over 100 aircraft to fly and battle with. No looking for a battle for the player. WarBirds Dogfights brings the battle right to the player as soon as he takes off. No two missions ever the same with the sophisticated random mission generator of Dogfights!
- Complete Training Available. For new players, Dogfights provide short introductory training at game start and over 20 training missions in the Training Tab of the game simulation. And if the player wants a live instructor pilot to join him in his aircraft, he can come online and get live training using the FREE Teamspeak voice over IP system online. A player not familiar with real flying can be brought up to speed as a real fighter pilot with just a few hours of instruction. The player will then spend many hours trying to be an Ace and will be continuously learning to be a better and better fighter pilot!
- Multiple Skill Levels for Beginners to Experts. Enjoy WarBirds Dogfights as an arcade game or as a simulation. The arcade level is Rookie, which eliminates the spinning of aircraft, the blackouts and red outs, and gives the player big guns and a hardened aircraft with unlimited ammo. The player can move on to the Veteran level which has the settings, the ammo, the toughness of the online WarBirds game for a veteran flight sim player. In the Ace mode, the player had better be a great flier as any shots on his aircraft will bring him down. He has to out fly, out maneuver, and out shoot his enemies. Each level moves the player more and more to the ultimate simulation of real tank combat during World War II.
- New Role-playing Reward System. WarBirds- Dogfights introduces its new role-playing reward system that invites players to become immersed in their personas by allowing them to grow in rank and be rewarded as they successfully complete missions.
- Historical Accuracy and Remarkable Detail. WarBirds- Dogfights dedicates itself entirely to the same remarkable historical accuracy and attention to detail that has made the WarBirds series one of the most visually impressive war sims ever.
- A Wealth of Options. Players can choose from countless online scenarios, modes and options that gives WarBirds- Dogfights a stunningly deep playing experience. Pick from an array of WWII aircraft, each with its entirely unique combat characteristic and “personality,” making each game a new experience.
- Online Play. Master the single player missions and training and you will be ready for the next step -- an awe-inspiring online community where upward of 200 players are battling. Play in the online arenas for Free for 30 days or join the TotalSims community arenas where hundreds of players recreate the actual missions of World War II. The TotalSims online community has consistently been rated one of the best and most helpful to beginners, providing a perfect environment for non-experienced and veteran players alike.
- CPU Processor: Universal Binary, G4 or Intel Mac.
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4.6 or later.
- Video Memory, 512 MB RAM required, 1024 MB or higher recommended.
- Hard Disk Space: 1.5 GB of free space
- Joystick, mouse and keyboard. Throttle and Rudder pedals are recommended for Aviation Play.
- Video Card that supports Hardware T&L and Shader 3 Graphics.
- Internet Connection required for online play.
Buy Dogfights 2012
City Of Heroes Issue 23: Where The Shadows Lie Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
NCSoft and Paragon Studios have announced the release of Issue 23: Where Shadows Lie, the latest update for the comic book hero themed MMO, City of Heroes. The patch introduces a new co-op zone, the new Magisterium Trial for Incarnates, and a variety of other additions to the game.
The time has come to rise and discover the secrets hidden in the shadows. Travel the space between the realms of Life and Death in the mysterious Night Ward to learn the dark, hidden mysteries found there. Perhaps those secrets will be of aid to you in this historic moment, the beginning of the final chapter against the regime of Emperor Cole. Unlock new potential for your Incarnates with the long-awaited Hybrid Slot, allowing them ever increasing power to win the Praetorian War, and stand a chance against the Coming Storm.Learn more at the link below.
City Of Heroes: Issue 23
Issue 23: Where Shadows Lie comes jam-packed with new content for all Heroes, Villains, and Praetorians. Discover the Night Ward, a new Co-Op Zone full of wonder and excitement. Incarnates now can take the fight to Cole himself in the new Magisterium Trial, earning them the ability to unlock the Hybrid Slot to either boost your current abilities or gain new powers to fill in the gaps of your Incarnate's skills. VIP's can also access the beginning of the second Signature Story Arc: Pandora's Box! But wait, there's more! New Quality of Life Improvements can be found everywhere, from the new TUNNEL system, allowing ever more access from zone to zone, now allowing you to go from DIMENSION TO DIMENSION, to new channels for all our players, whether VIP, Premium, or Free, allowing greater communication for forming teams and gathering. Of course, what's the point of gathering if you aren't dressed your best? That's why the new Leather and Chainmail costume pieces are now available on the Paragon Market, and they're FREE for VIP's to boot! Finally, the brand new Tier 9 VIP reward costume set, Mecha Armor, is also available!
City of Heroes
Buy City of Heroes
Guns Of Icarus Online Status Update, New Screenshots
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Muse Games recently announced the completion of a third round of beta testing for Guns of Icarus Online. In the latest version of the game Muse added clouds, a new map, and new weapons while improving local and server performance. Guns of Icarus Online is a game of airship combat, featuring a fully co-operative ship with four players playing key roles.
“With the third beta complete, we’re very proud to show off some amazing screenshots taken by actual players in game as they battled it out. While these are not the finished product, we are very proud of how beautiful the world is starting to look, and it will only get better from here,” says Howard Tsao, CEO of Muse Games.For more information follow the links below.
Guns Of Icarus Online Beta 3 Screenshots
The next beta test starts on June 22nd and will feature more maps and game modes, rebalanced weapons (including the long-awaited flamethrower), user interface improvements, and most importantly, the ability to customize skills in the form of player equipment. Each player brings five pieces of equipment on board, three from their main class and one from each other class. Want to be a gunner with a spyglass? An engineer with explosive ammo? A captain with a fire extinguisher? In Guns of Icarus Online the equipment you carry will influence the priorities and play style of each ship, so you must work together as a team to wield the right tools for the right situation.
Guns of Icarus Online is the first co-operative airship combat game mixing together first-person shooter action with team-based strategy. Up to four people will crew a ship, taking on one of the key roles of Captain, Gunner, or Engineer, joining a team, and fighting against other ships above the post-apocalyptic waste. In Guns of Icarus Online it will take teamwork and tactics to dominate the skies.
Guns Of Icarus Online
Buy Guns Of Icarus Online
Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed Updated
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 9 comments
ApexMods has announced a new beta version for Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed, a "ruthlessly realistic and unforgiving tactical shooter" expansion pack for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon. Among other things version 1.0.0b7 features 25 new maps, 50 new weapons, new game types, and improved enemy AI. Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed makes more than 150 maps available for single and multiplayer and offers over 250 weapons from which to choose.
What's new in this release (v1.0.0b7):
Check out the site below for more information.
While still in beta stage, the mod has matured considerably since its humble beginnings in 2008. Over 50,000 downloads show that the mod breathes new life into original Ghost Recon, the classic masterpiece many consider to be the best tactical shooter ever made.
- New and improved game types (over 100 total for SP/MP combined)
- Non-campaign maps feature random missions (no simple firefights)
- Heavily improved enemy AI in SP/COOP game types
- Improved score system (e.g. better stealth/detection)
- Slightly improved friendly AI
- Better external ballistics with more realistic bullet penetration
- 25 new maps, city/desert/jungle environments etc. (175 total)
- Over 50 new weapons (e.g. DSR 1, Mk14 EBR, SG-552, WA 2000, KSVK)
- Innovative new weapon zoom
- Over 1,000 equipment kits
- ACU uniforms and new accessories for Ghosts
- New marksman character
- Additional Ghost team soldier characters (new appearance)
- Additional characters for opposing force, civilians, etc.
- Reworked and streamlined multiplayer restrictions
- New sound dynamics
- New UI (menus, HUD, command map, PDA, etc.)
- New intro video
- Loads and loads of rebalancing, adjusting, fine tuning, retexturing
- Better widescreen support
- Better compatibility with 3rd party mods
- Better stability and performance (especially on low-end hardware)
- All reported bugs fixed
- And much more...
This Unofficial expansion pack for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon features over 150 maps, more than 250 weapons, tons of other new content, and is packed with ass-kicking realism and other gameplay improvements.
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, June 1, 2012
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Friday, May 25, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.