The Witcher 2 Coming To Macs This Fall
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 13 comments
During a recent press conference CD Projekt RED Studio announced an upcoming Mac version of The Witcher 2. The fantasy RPG sequel to The Witcher (which also recently made its way to Mac) is based on the writings of Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, and follows the continuing adventures of the monster slayer known as Geralt.
After helping to stop the rebellion undertaken by the Order of the Flaming Rose and saving King Foltest's life, Geralt became one of the central figures of political turmoil in the Kingdom of Temeria. Geralt continues to protect the King in the monarch's mission to bring peace to his state. The only remaining task is to pacify the rebellious castle of Baroness La Valette, who announced separation from the Kingdom.For more information about the game follow the link below.
It's been a month since the attempted assassination of the king, when his army arrives at the gates of Baroness La Valette's fortress in preparation for the final battle. In the meantime, Geralt, stuck with Foltest, cannot begin his personal quest - to discover the origin and identity of the mysterious witcher-like assassin...
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
Buy The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
Atlantis: The New World Comes To MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Anuman Interactive's Atlantis: The New World is now available for purchase from Macgamestore.com. The adventure title follows the exploits of a young Egyptologist who stumbles upon a quest for the mythical city of Atlantis while searching for an ancient Egyptian building.
In 2020 in the desert of Hoggar, a young Egyptologist is looking for a building that the Ancient Egyptians built. There, she meets a Touareg who apparently wants to help her and discovers fantastical machines that seem to come from another world. She decides to activate them to help her move forward in her search. But she doesn't yet realize that she'll have to go back through several periods and civilizations in history for the most mysterious and dangerous of adventures: The quest for Atlantis.Atlantis: The New World requires an Intel Mac running Mac OS X 10.4 or later and is available now for $11.99 (USD).
Atlantis: The New World
- A thrilling adventure that will push you back into several periods of history
- Magnificent graphics that faithfully represent each universe
- A captivating history with amazing high-quality graphics
Buy Atlantis: The New World
MGS Adds Master Of Alchemy Rise Of The Mechanologists
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has increased its roster of game titles available for purchase with the addition of Forge Reply's Master of Alchemy - Rise of the Mechanologists. The puzzle title allows players to manipulate matter to solve the puzzles on each of the game's 60 challenging levels.
Master of Alchemy is an original and engaging puzzle game based on the manipulation of solid, liquid and gaseous elements. Master Of Alchemy - Rise Of The Mechanologists requires an Intel Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later and is available now for $11.99 (USD).
Master of Alchemy - Rise of the Mechanologists
Just like an alchemist, the player can manipulate matter, thanks to a wide array of instruments, such as stills, alembics, hot air balloons, etc. These tools help the player transform and combine the elements –which can blend, fuse, sublimate, condense or break up.
As an element assumes a new state, it moves across the level in a different way: for example, a gaseous element levitates upwards, while a liquid one flows over a surface.
The movement of the streams of substances across the level is spontaneous: using the tools, the player has to lead and influence it on the fly.
The goal of each level is to generate specific substances and collect them in target containers. The game gets challenging as new substances and tools enter the scene, and other specific objects/limitations are given to the player.
Each element and its state is defined by a color and a shape, so that the player can recognize it immediately; interactions and behaviors are handled by a deep physics engine.
- Manipulation of matter, interacting with solid, liquid and gaseous elements;
- 12 different alchemic tools;
- Realistic Physics Engine;
- Stylish steampunk graphic style and atmosphere;
- 60 levels to master;
- 6 different alchemists to impersonate and evolve.
Buy Master of Alchemy - Rise of the Mechanologists
The Bard's Tale Released For Mac
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
InXile Entertainment has announced The Bard's Tale for Mac is now available in the Mac App Store. This version of the title is the modern comic RPG, currently also available for iOS in the App Store. The Mac version includes saved game compatibility and sharing with iOS devices through iCloud for Mac OS X Lion.
"We’ve had many requests for a Mac version of The Bard’s Tale over the years and I am happy to make this our first Mac game from inXile," said Brian Fargo, CEO of inXile Entertainment.The Bard's Tale is available now for $9.99.
The Bard's Tale
You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through magical song you summon characters to join you in battle, heal your party, and take damage on your behalf. Ready your weapon as you embark on a quest for coin and cleavage!
Prepare to immerse yourself in over 20-30 hours of adventure, featuring:
But wait! That’s not all! Enjoy these great new additions to the original PC version:
- 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
- A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
- A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
- Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
- 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
- Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
- More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
- Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
- Autosave—option to save automatically when you near a save-book in game.
- iCloud Saves*—option to save to iCloud, enables sharing saves across all your Mac installations and your iOS devices (iPhone and iPad).
- Time-Savers*—optional in-app purchases are available to pump up your Bard and save you time! (Note: All such items are attainable through normal game-play, with time and persistence, just as in the original console release.)
- Full Screen Toggle—Cmd+F toggles between windowed and full screen view.
- Supports USB gamepads and sticks for controllers in addition to mouse/keyboard.
- Adaptive Rendering—displays at full native monitor resolution with user-accessible performance options**.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS X 10.6.6 or higher (10.7 required for some features*)
- 3.6GB Hard disk space
* OS X 10.7 required for iCloud Saves and Time-Savers (in-app purchase) features.
* * Lowering display resolution may be required for best performance on some pre mid 2007 Mac models.
Mac App Store: The Bard's Tale
Buy The Bard's Tale
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Friday, May 25, 2012
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.