Tomb Raider: Underworld Coming To Macs May 31st
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 15 comments
Feral Interactive has announced that Tomb Raider: Underworld will be released for the Mac on Thursday, May 31st. Developed by Crystal Dynamics and Nixxes for Windows, and originally published by Eidos Interactive, Tomb Raider: Underworld comes to the Mac for the first time under the Feral Legends label.
“Tomb Raider: Underworld is a great addition to the Feral Legends label” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “We are delighted to see Lara getting a grip on the Mac.”Tomb Raider: Underworld for the Mac will retail in North America for US $24.99, £17.49 (inc. VAT) in the UK and €19.99 (inc. VAT) throughout Europe. When released, it will be available online for direct download from a variety of digital partner sites worldwide, including Macgamestore.com.
When Lara Croft uncovers proof that the Norse Underworld is real, she realizes that it contains the answer to a mystery from her own past, a prize worth more than any treasure in the world. She embarks on a quest to find it, and in doing do risks unleashing a force that could lay waste to all civilization.
As Lara, players will experience an astonishing level of physical interaction with a beautiful, unpredictable and treacherous world. From the crystalline waters of coastal Thailand to the rain-lashed jungles of Mexico and on to mysterious sunken edifices deep beneath the Arctic sea, Lara won’t stop until she knows the truth.
With over a thousand motion-captured moves at her disposal, Lara responds deftly to her environment by free-climbing, wall-jumping and using found objects to create new paths. Each level is an epic multi-stage puzzle which players will need to use all their cunning - and Lara’s athletic abilities - to solve.
A platforming game of unparalleled sophistication, Tomb Raider: Underworld gives players control over everything from Lara’s outfits to whether she brandishes lethal weapons or tranquilizers. Lara can now use her grapple to abseil and manipulate vast mechanical devices, while the treasures of the Underworld give her superhuman strength and the power to lay the undead to rest.
Minimum system requirements (subject to change):
- 1.8GHz Intel Mac
- 3.0GB RAM
- Mac OS 10.6.8 or later
- 128MB or better graphics card
- The following cards are NOT supported:
- ATI X1xxx series
- NVIDIA 7xxx series
- Intel GMA series
- The Intel GMA HD3000 is only supported using Mac OS X 10.7.3 Lion
Pre-order the game now at the link below.
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
Tomb Raider: Underworld Trailer
Buy Tomb Raider: Underworld
DLC Quest Now Available For OS X
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Going Loud Studios has announced the release of DLC Quest for OS X. Originally designed for Xbox 360, the game pokes fun at the proliferation of downloadable content for games while offering a quest to "defeat the bad guy, save the world and get the girl!" DLC Quest was the winner of Official Xbox Magazine's Xbox Indie Game of the Year 2011 and a finalist for Best Indie Game at the 2012 Canadian Videogame Awards.
"It's great to be able to bring DLC Quest to a portal that's so convenient for Mac gamers," says Ben Kane, the lone developer of Going Loud Studios. "It's been a long trip from Xbox to OSX, but Mac gamers are a passionate and vocal bunch. More than happy to give in to the demands for a port!" Check out the link below for more information.
DLC Quest (add to watch list)
What happens when DLC practices go too far? An indie developer makes a game that mocks the industry and its foibles, that's what! Defeat the bad guy, save the world and get the girl! But first you'll need to find coins to buy DLC to enable animation, sound and even pausing.
Thankfully this is just satire and all the DLC is purchased with in-game coins. But consider it a cautionary tale for the future...
- Platforming action! Coins to collect, a princess to save, a bad guy to defeat. You like that stuff, right?
- 16 different DLC packs, each providing quiet introspection on the state of the gaming industry
- 10 awardments to earn and make you feel reasonably satisfied with yourself
M4 Tank Brigade Rolls Onto Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
iEntertainment Network's M4 Tank Brigade is now available for purchase from Macgamestore.com. The World War II tank simulator is a new version of MicroProse Software's M1 Tank Platoon. It features 30 different vehicles, a full campaign mode, and the chance to battle against other players online.
M1 Tank Platoon was one of the very best games of MicroProse Software and sold over 3 million copies worldwide. Now the producer and director of the M1 Tank Platoon product, Wild Bill Stealey, Founder of MicroProse Software, is back with a new version of his famous M1 Tank Platoon game with a game for World War II, M4 Tank Brigade.M4 Tank Brigade is available now for $29.95 (USD).
iEntertainment Network (add to watch list)
What made M1 Tank Platoon famous was its combination of strategy and tactics. Not only could player’s fight from individual armored vehicles but they could also be the Field General controlling all the vehicles in their Brigade using the Combat Tactical Map to accomplish Strategic Battle Missions.
The new Enhanced Graphics (EG) system gives players fast combat armored battles across the embattled Battle Spaces of World War II with a brand a new polygon display system, including more detail in the tanks, the terrains, and brand new enhanced special effects. New sounds, new tracers, and new explosions greatly enhance the M4 Tank Brigade, EG experience! Players can also command Artillery and Air Power attacks from aircraft on your side on the enemy! But the enemy can do that to the player too!
M4 Tank Brigade promises to become the standard in World War II tank games with explosive gameplay, unparalleled realism, and beautifully rendered, historically accurate terrains. Choose to battle with 30 different World War II combat vehicles, including Shermans, Pershings, and the intimidating Panzer Tiger tanks!
M4 Tank Brigade brings a full Campaign mode where players start in early World War II tanks and progress through the years of 1939 to 1945 getting better and more deadly tanks as the war goes on. Players can play from either the Axis or Allied sides.
M4 Tank Brigade does not end here though. Players can enter iEntertainment Network’s acclaimed Massively Multiplayer Online network, providing countless hours of intense battle and endless fun battling it out with other “online soldiers” from around the globe. Players can access the FREE Massively Multiplayer version, M4 Tank Brigade Online, from their single player game or from the www.M4TankBrigade.com website. This Online FREE play is always available for purchasers of M4 Tank Brigade!
- Follow on to the World Famous “M1 Tank Platoon” from MicroProse Software The fun and excitement of the original M1 Tank Platoon is back from IENT CEO Wild Bill Stealey who was the person who thought up the original M1 concept, acted as the game producer, and acted as the head tester for the original M1 Tank Platoon when he was Founder and CEO of MicroProse Software.
- Proven Track Record. M4 Tank Brigade, the WWII ground simulation is built upon the framework of the widely popular gaming system and concepts of the WarBirds TotalSims series of military games, deemed the “top of the online flight-simming pyramid”1 and several time winner of “simulation of the year” awards.
- Campaign and Single-player options. The new ‘ease of use’ interface will have the players immersed in the exciting single player action in no time! Players get dozens of missions and campaigns, including Training and Practice, Instant Action, and an integrated Campaign – these missions provide explosive, action-packed gameplay that will transform a novice pilot into the most feared Tank Commander of the Great War!
- Multiple Skill Levels for Beginners to Experts. Enjoy M4 Tank Brigade as an arcade game or as a simulation. The arcade level is Tanker, which has an outside third person view, a gunsight that can be used outside, auto targeting, and auto drive features so even the most raw recruit can find the battle to engage the enemy! The player moves on to Gunnery Sergeant, Tank Commander, and then Platoon Leader. Each level moves the player more and more to the ultimate simulation of real tank combat during World War II.
- New Player Support. M4 Tank Brigade delivers exciting and helpful options to make driving and gunning a breeze for new players. All the commands and keyboard keys will be available while the game is playing with easy access.
- New Role-playing Reward System. M4 Tank Brigade introduces its new role-playing reward system that invites players to become immersed in their personas by allowing them to grow in rank and medals as they successfully complete missions.
- Historical Accuracy and Remarkable Detail. M4 Tank Brigade dedicates itself entirely to the same remarkable historical accuracy and attention to detail that has made the WarBirds series one of the most visually impressive war sims ever.
- A Wealth of Options. Players can choose from countless online scenarios, modes and options that gives M4 Tank Brigade a stunningly deep playing experience. Pick from over 15 historical ground vehicles and an array of WWII aircraft, each with its entirely unique combat characteristic and “personality,” making each game a new experience.
- Online Play. Master the single player missions and training and you will be ready for the next step – battling other live players online! Play in the online arenas for Free and join the TotalSims community arenas where hundreds of players recreate the actual missions of World War II. The TotalSims online community has consistently been rated one of the best and most helpful to beginners, providing a perfect environment for non-experienced and veteran players alike.
- Mac OS X 10.4.6 or later
- Memory: 512 MB
- Video Card that supports Hardware T&L and Shader 3 Graphics.
- Internet Connection required for online play.
M4 Tank Brigade (add to watch list)
Buy M4 Tank Brigade
Steven Peeler Discusses Drox Operative
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Random Tower of Games has posted a new interview with Soldak Entertainment's Steven Peeler about the company's upcoming starship action RPG, Drox Operative. The game will put players in the role of an elite starship captain and will feature warring alien races, fierce space battles, a dynamic and evolving galaxy, and co-op multiplayer.
4. Compared to your last game, Din's Curse, what kind of new features players could find?Read the full interview at the link below.
Random Tower Of Games: Drox Operative Interview
The biggest new feature is basically all of the diplomacy with the races vying for control of your current sector of space. It’s up to you who to support, who to hinder, and how you will accomplish all of this. Just a reminder, it’s your goal to eventually be on the winning side. It gets tricky pretty fast though.
For example, the ship Cyano is terrorizing the star system that you are currently scouting.You believe that you could win the battle and the Cortex are offering a pretty hefty bounty for the destruction of Cyano. Do you destroy Cyano and collect on the bounty? In this case, the Cortex are the second most powerful race, they are well behind the Drakk empire, the Cortex and the Drakk are at war, and the Drakk don’t particular like you.
Yeah, it just got much more complex.
If you take the bounty, you will make the second most powerful race happier and more stable, but at the same time you will piss off the most powerful race. Do you take the quick cash and try to repair the relations hit later? Do you throw your full weight behind the Cortex and try to overthrow the Drakk? Or do you kiss up to the Drakk and let the Cortex handle their own problems? It’s completely up to you.
Soldak Entertainment (add to watch list)
Drox Operative (add to watch list)
Buy Drox Operative
Wolfenstein 3D Celebration Begins
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
In celebration of the recent 20th anniversary of the classic Wolfenstein 3D first person shooter from id Software, Bethesda has revealed some new content related to the game. The celebratory goodies include a Wolfenstein 3D director's commentary video from John Carmack, Wolfenstein 3D Classic Platinum available free for iOS devices for a limited time, and a free browser based version of the shooter.
This past Saturday marked the 20th anniversary of id Software’s legendary FPS game, Wolfenstein 3D. To commemorate the occasion, we’ve got a few treats so you can “Get Psyched!”.Head over to the blog post below to read more.
BethBlog: Happy 20th, Wolfenstein 3D
At wolfenstein.bethsoft.com, you can relive all the glory of id’s seminal shooter with a free-to-play browser version of the game. And for limited time, iOS users can download Wolfenstein 3D Classic Platinum for free on iTunes.
For a retrospective on the game, Nick and I recently sat down with John Carmack for a director’s commentary track. Watch the video above, as he discusses his memories of the game while playing the original DOS release.
id Software (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Monday, May 7, 2012
Friday, May 4, 2012
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.