The Elder Scrolls Online Coming To Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 8 comments
Bethesda Softworks has announced The Elder Scrolls Online, a new fantasy MMO in development at ZeniMax Online Studios. The Elder Scrolls Online will be the first Elder Scrolls game to allow gamers to explore the Elder Scrolls world with others, and is being developed for Mac and Windows PCs.
"We have been working hard to create an online world in which players will be able to experience the epic Elder Scrolls universe with their friends, something fans have long said they wanted," said Matt Firor, game director of The Elder Scrolls Online. "It will be extremely rewarding finally to unveil what we have been developing the last several years. The entire team is committed to creating the best MMO ever made - and one that is worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise."More information about the game will be made available soon.
Elder Scrolls Online (add to watch list)
The Elder Scrolls Online is being developed for PC and Mac under the leadership of industry veteran Matt Firor, who has spent the last two decades working in online game development. Details about the game are revealed in an exclusive cover story in Game Informer®'s June issue, which ships to subscribers and newsstands this month.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® is the most recent title set in the award-winning Elder Scrolls universe. Skyrim, developed by Bethesda Game Studios, was released in November 2011 and enjoyed worldwide critical and commercial success. Skyrim earned hundreds of 'Game of the Year' awards, including top honors at the 2012 Game Developers Choice Awards, the 15th Annual 2012 Interactive Achievement Awards held at the 2012 D.I.C.E. Summit, and at the 2011 Video Game Awards. Internationally, Skyrim shipped over 10 million units within the first month of its release, was the second highest grossing title in the industry last year, and is the fastest selling title in Steam's history.
Elder Scrolls Online Trailer
Dark Scavenger Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Psydra Games recently announced the release of Dark Scavenger. Described as an adventure game that combines strategic turn-based combat with unique point-and-click mechanics, the title puts players in the role of a space traveler stranded on a mysterious planet. The game features dark humor, a variety of unusual characters, and multiple approaches to each encounter.
Filling the role of a powerful space traveler, you find yourself stranded on a mysterious planet in the company of three eccentric, yet resourceful aliens. As you desperately seek a way to repair your ship, a massive conflict unfolds around you involving warring factions and a sinister force that threatens to destroy them all.Dark Scavenger is available now for $9.99. Learn more at the page below.
Dark Scavenger (add to watch list)
Will you adopt the problems of this world as your own or will you just save yourself?
- Twisted dark humor and dozens of quirky characters!
- Multiple ways to approach each new encounter ensures a different experience every playthrough.
- Forge over one hundred weapons and items from loot discovered on your journey!
- Epic boss battles and tons of secrets!
Red Baron 2012 Flys Onto Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
iEntertainment Network's Red Baron 2012 is now available for purchase from Macgamestore.com. The World War I aerial combat simulator features enhanced graphics, historical accuracy, and exciting gameplay for players of all skill levels.
Red Baron 2012, Enhanced Graphics (EG) gives players fast-flying combat aerial fights across the embattled skies of Europe during World War I with a brand new graphic system, with more polygons and more detail in the aircraft, the terrains, and all the special effects. New sounds, new tracers, new explosions greatly enhance the Red Baron 2012, EG experience! Red Baron 2012 is available now for $29.95 (USD).
Red Baron 2012 (add to watch list)
World War I was the period in History when the aeroplane came of age. Two brothers from Dayton, Ohio, USA, invented the aeroplane in 1903. Eleven years later, the military had begun to purchase this new invention, primarily for observation purposes.
By 1916, the airplanes were being armed with more powerful and more deadly guns. What began as a gentlemen’s profession turned into a deadly aerial ballet. The pilots on the Allied side did not even wear parachutes. It was not considered manly and the commanders thought it would make pilots abandon their airplanes too early.
The biggest ace of the period was Baron Von Richthofen, “The RED BARON!” The Red Baron collected 80 kills during the war. Von Richthofen learned to fly in March 1915 and died in April 1918 in a battle with 8 Sopwith Camels.
World War I flying games have sold millions of units at retail. Two products alone have sold over 1 million units. Sierra Online launched the first game called Red Baron, which sold more than 700,000 units. MicroProse launched Knights of the Sky and sold over 300,000 units (this game was produced by IENT CEO, JW Wild Bill Stealey).
World War I flyers did not use missiles, radars, or battle from a distance. These pilots could look the enemy in the eye. These pilots also flew close to the ground and always had to be concerned about ground fire. Red Baron 2012 is a graphically excellent, historically correct, and exciting simulation game for arcade, realistic, and expert players.
- Search for the Red Baron 2012! Get to be the best WW I Aviator in the World! Win the Title of WGFP! “World’s Greatest Fighter Pilot” of WW I.
- Campaign Mission of WW I from 1914 to 1918. Thousands of randomized missions so no two missions ever the same!
- Full set of Training and Practice and Instant Action Mission
- Fly aircraft, airships, (Zeppelins), defend in anti-aircraft guns, drive trucks or armored vehicles to take enemy territory and accomplish your missions.
- Real world topography of the area of Europe where WW I took place.
10 authentic WW I airplanes.
- Authentic sounds and vintage photographs included in the game.
- Ability to play MMOG online with hundreds of other live players around the world. Free 14 Day Online account on www.TotalSims.com.
- Intel Mac
- Mac OS X 10.4.6 or later
- 256 MB RAM
- ATI Radeon 9800 equivalent or greater with 128 MB or higher video RAM.
- High Speed Internet Connection required for Online play.
Buy Red Baron 2012
The Bard's Tale On Its Way To OS X
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 4 comments
inXile Entertainment's Brian Fargo recently revealed in a Twitter post that the company will be bringing The Bard's Tale to OS X. This version of the title is the modern comic RPG, currently available for iOS in the App Store.
You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through magical song you summon characters to join you in battle, heal your party, and take damage on your behalf. Ready your weapon as you embark on a quest for coin and cleavage!Learn more about The Bard's Tale at the links below.
The Bard's Tale (add to watch list)
Prepare to immerse yourself in over 20-30 hours of adventure, featuring:
- 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
- A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
- A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
- Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
- 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
- Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
- More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
- Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
Buy The Bard's Tale
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Monday, April 30, 2012
Friday, April 27, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.