The Walking Dead First Episode Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 6 comments
Telltale Games has released the first episode of The Walking Dead. The game adaptation of Robert Kirkman's graphic novel series is a five part episodic adventure horror game that will follow the struggles of survivors attempting to live in a world filled with undead.
The Walking Dead is a five-part game series set in the same universe as Robert Kirkman’s award-winning comic book series. Play as Lee Everett, a convicted criminal, who has been given a second chance at life in a world devastated by the undead. With corpses returning to life and survivors stopping at nothing to maintain their own safety, protecting an orphaned girl named Clementine may offer him redemption in a world gone to hell.The full season pass for The Walking Dead is now available for $24.99 (USD).
A continuing story of adventure horror spanning across 5 episodes:
Episode 1 – A New DayFeatures:
Episode 2 – Starved for Help
Episode 3 – Long Road Ahead
Episode 4 – Around Every Corner
Episode 5 – No Time Left
- Based on Robert Kirkman's Eisner-Award winning comic book series, The Walking Dead allows gamers to experience the true horror of the zombie apocalypse
- A tailored game experience – Live with the profound and lasting consequences of the decisions that you make in each episode. Your actions and choices will affect how your story plays out across the entire series.
- Experience events, meet people and visit locations that foreshadow the story of Deputy Sheriff Rick Grimes
- Meet Glenn before he heads to Atlanta, explore Hershel’s farm before Rick and his group of survivors arrive and before the barn becomes a notorious location in Walking Dead lore
- You'll be forced to make decisions that are not only difficult, but that will require you to make an almost immediate choice. There’s no time to ponder when the undead are pounding the door down!
- An Adventure Horror game of 5 monthly episodes. Features meaningful decision-making, exploration, problem solving and a constant fight for survival in a world overrun by the undead
- Artwork inspired by the original comic books
- OS: Snow Leopard (10.6.X)
- Processor: 2.3 Ghz Intel
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
- Video Card: 512 MB NVidia or ATI graphics card
- Additional: Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics or Mac Minis or early-generation MacBooks
The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead Trailer
Buy The Walking Dead
Tips For Surviving In Quake 4
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
On the heels of Aspyr Media's digital download release of Quake 4, the Game Agent Blog recently posted a new list of tips and tricks for success in the sci-fi first person shooter. The game follows the exploits of Matthew Kane, an Earth warrior struggling to defeat the invading Strogg.
Tip #1: Your squad are your friends, keep them alive and they’ll keep you alive.Check out the full list at the link below.
Game Agent Blog: Quake 4 Tips
Since you’ll be working in with the elite Rhino Squad and various other squads you’re going to have some support when facing down the Strogg hordes.
KEEP THEM ALIVE FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.
They provide multiple benefits such as another thing for the Strogg to shoot at along with another source of damage to the Strogg. If you happen to have a medic or a technician in the squad they take precedent over any of the other squad members since they can fully heal your health or armor all the way and you’ll definitely need these boosts to health and armor. They also are quite helpful sometimes when you’re lost as they will be facing the direction you should be going. In addition to that they will generally be facing where the bad guys will spawn from so pay attention to them.
Tip #5: Curiosity may have killed the cat but he never was facing down a horde of Strogg
Explore every nook and cranny because you are going to need all the help you can get in the form of ammo, armor, or new weapons.
Many times after a battle, doors that were closed to you before are now open and it often times is worth going into them because you’ll find ammo caches, or armor. Underneath stairs are always a good area to check for stuff because apparently the Strogg love storing junk underneath stairs. Make use of your flashlight to shine light into every dark crevice to make sure you didn’t miss anything.
Buy Quake 4
Darkside Blasts Onto Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has announced the addition of Clockwork Pixels' Darkside. The action packed follow up to Arklight challenges players to take the controls of a heavily armed starship and battle a host of alien hostiles.
For 200 years we have been mining our solar system's asteroid belt in peace. All that changed the day the Krainian Empire invaded our outer territories. Take the controls of the Arklight X-52 and take the fight back to the enemy!Darkside is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Darkside is a sci-fi based shoot'em'up in which you pilot your way around 100's of massive asteroids. Fly in and out of their dark sides as you battle a host of alien hostiles. Watch out for orbiting chunks of rock, blast them into oblivion before they destroy the mining colonies.
Darkside is the action packed follow up to Arklight.
- 100's of fast paced levels packed with aliens.
- Three game modes, including a full-on arcade mode.
- Fly around massive asteroids in glorious 3D.
- Ten awesome power ups of mass destruction.
- Intel Mac
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later
Kitten Sanctuary Available Now From MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | 7 comments
Save the kittens from alien invaders in Clockwork Pixels' Kitten Sanctuary, now available for downlaod and purchase from Macgamestore.com. The game features 50 cute felines, 100 levels, and three different game modes to enjoy.
The once peaceful Kitten Island is being invaded by creatures from another world! These pesky aliens have set up traps loaded with tempting kitten goodies. Free trapped kittens and keep them safe in your kitten sanctuaries. Use the goodies you acquire from the traps to keep your rescued kittens happy or they may just wander off and get captured again!Kitten Sanctuary is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Your kittens will love the food, drink and warmth you provide for them, but if supplies are running low you can always use the kitten toys you purchase to give their spirits a boost! Download the free Kitten Sanctuary trial and rescue your first kitten today.
- 50 cute kittens, each with their own story.
- 100 levels with three game modes variations.
- Nine fun toys to help keep your kittens happy.
- Buy your kittens extra gifts and decorations.
- Four unique sanctuary locations to customize.
- Intel Mac
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later
Buy Kitten Sanctuary
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Monday, April 23, 2012
Friday, April 20, 2012
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.