Serious Sam 3: BFE Coming To Macs April 23
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 22 comments
Devolver Digital has announced that Serious Sam 3: BFE will be released for Macs on April 23. To celebrate the announcement the company also released a short game trailer. A prequel to the original Serious Sam: The First Encounter, the first person shooter challenges players to survive against legions of beasts and mercenaries invading earth.
Serious Sam 3: BFE is a glorious throwback to the golden age of first-person shooters where men were men, cover was for amateurs and pulling the trigger made things go boom. Serving as a prequel to the original indie sensation, Serious Sam: The First Encounter, Serious Sam 3 takes place during the Earth’s final struggle against Mental’s invading legions of beasts and mercenaries. Set against the collapsing temples of an ancient civilization and the crumbling cities of 22nd century Egypt, Serious Sam 3 is an exhilarating fusion of classic twitch shooters and modern gameplay features.Serious Sam 3: BFE for Mac is a native port under development by the original developer, Croteam. System requirements are not yet available. Check out the trailer at the link below.
Serious Sam 3 BFE Mac Trailer
NO COVER. ALL MAN.
- Frantic Arcade-Style Action – Hold down the trigger and lay waste to a never-ending onslaught of attackers or face being overrun by Mental’s savage beasts. No cover systems, no camping – it’s just you against them. All of them.
- Fearsome Enemy Creatures – A new battalion of unforgettable minions including the rumbling Scrapjack and towering Khnum join the legendary Headless Kamikaze, Gnaar and Sirian Werebull to create the fiercest opposition you’ve ever had the pleasure of mowing down.
- Spectacular Environments – Battle across the expansive battlefields of near-future Egypt bursting at the seams with total chaos. The shattered cities of tomorrow lined with the crumbling temples of an ancient world become your destructible playground.
- Destructive Arsenal – Unleash Serious Sam’s arsenal of weapons including a scoped assault rifle, the double-barreled shotgun, the explosive automatic shotgun, the punishing minigun, and the almighty barrage of flaming cannonballs! Carry all of Sam’s weapons at once and switch between each gun on the fly for maximum firepower.
- Brutal Melee Attacks – When the going get’s tough, the tough take matters into their own hands! Rip out the eye of a closing Gnaar, twist off the face of the hideous Scrapjack or snap the neck of an Arachnoid Hatchling for an instant kill.
- Co-Op Chaos – Go to war against Mental’s horde with up to 16 players online and annihilate everything that moves across 12 levels of mayhem. Try to survive wave after wave of enemies in the relentless Survival mode or go on a monstrous safari in Beast Hunt mode!
- Pure Multiplayer Mayhem – Drop the gauntlet and let the heavy ordinance fly in incredible versus modes like Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Last Team Standing and My Burden. This is the next level of Serious Sam multiplayer and all hell is about to break loose!
- Split Screen Modes – Huddle up with split screen co-op and multiplayer versus modes with up to four players on one screen. Hey, stop looking at my screen!
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Buy Serious Sam 3: BFE
Farming Simulator 2011 Now At Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
N3V Games' Farming Simulator 2011 is now available for purchase from Macgamestore.com. The simulation gives players the chance to try their hand at running a successful farm including taking care of livestock, raising crops, and operating a variety of mechanized farm equipment.
The long awaited sequel to one of the best selling simulations of all time brings the intricacies of farming to the desktop, with stunning new graphics and a myriad of new features, Farming Simulator 2011 is the pick of the crop!Farming Simulator 2011 is available for purchase now for $24.99 (USD).
Farming Simulator 2011
In career mode, play the role of a young farmer and experience the varied daily life on a farm in the completely re-designed, freely accessible world.
All new in Farming Simulator 2011 is the option for livestock breeding. To be successful your animals will need proper care and attention, with a full feeding regime. In return, extra revenue can be gained from selling fresh milk to the dairies and even spreading organic fertiliser over your fields!
If crop farming is more to your taste, build up your farm income by growing a wide range of crops including barley, corn, rape and wheat.
However you structure your farm you are sure to need mechanised help. As your income grows take the opportunity to invest in everything from tractors, combine harvesters, ploughs, seed drills to balers and loaders, all lavishly detailed and fully operable. With licensing from machine manufacturers such as DEUTZ-FAHR, KRONE, HORSCH, PÖTTINGER and VOGEL & NOOT, you are able to drive machines that are faithful to the originals in every respect.
No longer is farming a solitary affair thanks to a unique multiplayer mode in which you can work on your farm together with your friends via an Internet or local area network connection. It is even possible to create and download custom vehicles and tools, via an integrated "modding" feature.
Whatever your chosen play style, Farming Simulator 2011 lets you sow the seeds of agricultural accomplishment!
- With licensed machinery from DEUTZ-FAHR, KRONE, HORSCH, PÖTTINGER and VOGEL & NOOT you can drive machines that are faithful to the originals in every respect
- Hire AI farm-hands to help you run your farm business
- Create and download custom vehicles, tools and maps via an integrated “modding” feature. Also includes Mod SDK
- Multi-player mode
- Gamepad and steering wheel support
- Intel Mac
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
Buy Farming Simulator 2011
Battle Academy Updated To Version 1.8.0
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Slitherine and Matrix Games have announced the release of version 1.8.0 update of the Battle Academy WWII turn-based strategy series. The new version includes a number of bug fixes and optimizations, as well as the addition of cross-platform support for those using the iPad version releasing on the 14th of March.
About Battle AcademyThe update is already available for download from the Slitherine and Matrix Games sites or by running the in-game auto-updater. Learn more at the links below.
Battle Academy 1.8.0 Update
Approachable, absorbing and visually impressive yet detailed, Battle Academy aims to revolutionize the strategy games market with a blend of intuitive design and compelling game play driven by cutting edge technical innovation.
Inspired by an original online game concept devised by the BBC, the game has more than 30 battles in a range of theatres of war from the North African desert through D-Day to the to the snowy Ardennes mountains where the Allies battled to repel the final German offensive.
The team at Slitherine worked with Professor John Buckley, Military Historian at the University of Wolverhampton and a keen wargamer himself, to make sure that the strategy, tactics, scenarios and available firepower of the battles fought in WW2 were turned into realistic AI behavior, powering expertly crafted battles.
Harnessing The Powers Of Darkness In City Of Heroes
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
PC Gamer has posted a new dev diary for Paragon Studios and NC Soft's super hero themed MMO, City of Heroes. In the article Phil Zeleski offers details about the new Darkness Control Power Set available in the Issue 22 update.
Designing and implementing the Darkness Control power set had some unique challenges for us on the dev team. First, I really wanted to do something different both visually and mechanically, but I didn’t want to throw Dominators and Controllers for a loop. Instead of building a new mechanic where the player builds up power through Combo Levels or some similar mechanic (like Street Justice or Staff Fighting), I decided to introduce new mechanics with some unusual powers.Read more at the site below.
PC Gamer: Darkness Control Dev Diary
The power Haunt summons a pair of Shades to harass and terrorize a target. Shadow Field is a location-based debuff that also has an initial hold. The Umbra Beast is visually very different from anything we’ve done before for a control set pet before. Implementing Darkness Control essentially required us to port Dark Miasma for Controllers and Dark Assault for Dominators. Because of this, Issue 22: Death Incarnate will feature not just Darkness Control, but also Darkness Affinity (Dark Miasma for Controllers) and Dark Assault. All three Power Sets are free for VIPs and will be available in the Paragon Market for Premium players.
City of Heroes
Buy City of Heroes
Combat Mission: Shock Force Coming To Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Battlefront.com has announced the upcoming release of Combat Mission: Shock Force - Mac Edition. Fully compatible with OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) and Lion (10.7), the bundle includes the original base game as well as the Marines, British Forces, and NATO add-on modules. Combat Mission: Shock Force is a 3D tactical ground combat simulation of 21st century warfare. The game features both real time and turn based play, and solo or head-to-head matches against internet, email or LAN opponents.
Combat Mission: Shock Force is the critically acclaimed tactical ground combat simulation of realistic modern 21st century warfare. Like no other game before (or since), it allows you to simulate the full spectrum of modern ground warfare in full 3D, in both real-time or turn-based play, solo or head-to-head against internet, Email or LAN opponents. First released in 2007 for Windows PCs, Combat Mission: Shock Force simulates a hypothetical conventional ground campaign Syria between NATO and Syrian forces.Combat Mission: Shock Force - Mac Edition will be available in six to eight weeks for download, mail delivery (disc and printed and digital game manuals), or download and mail delivery. The base price for the game will be $45.
Combat Mission: Shock Force - Mac Edition
This brand new Mac OS X edition of CM:SF is fully compatible with Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6 and up) and Mac OS X Lion (10.7 and up). It includes the original base game pitching US Army forces (centered around a Stryker Brigade Combat Team) against Syrian Regular Army, as well as ALL THREE ADD-ON MODULES: Marines, British Forces and NATO, adding even more hardware from Great Britain, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, US, and Syria.
Make no mistake, this is one HUGE bundle for as little as $45! It containing hundreds (!) of scenarios and maps, hundreds (!) of meticulously researched units and formations, almost a dozen full-blown campaigns for several nations and much much more. Additionally, countless scenarios and campaigns made by Windows gamers are seamlessly compatible with the Mac version. 3am just-one-more-turn addiction alert!! (you've been warned).
Out Of The Park Baseball 13 To Ship April 9
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Out of the Park Developments has announced that Out of the Park Baseball 13 will be released on April 9. The latest edition of the popular baseball simulation features 2012 rosters, real-time simulation mode, interactive storylines, league assocations, expanded playoff modes, improved online league play, a redesigned interface, and core engine improvements.
Features in OOTP 13:Those who pre-order Out of the Park Baseball 13 will receive it on April 6, instead of the April 9 general release. The sports sim costs $39.99.
- 2012 major and minor league rosters, along with new rule changes, including a 2nd wild card in each league in 2013 and the Astros' move to the AL West next year
- A real-time simulation mode, complete with a score ticker and the ability to jump into games in progress
- More immersive storylines that include decision points (for example, fine a problem player or ignore his antics; either one has downsides and upsides and impacts morale, fan interest, etc.)
- More customization options for playoffs, including first round byes
- Improved online league play
- A revamped interface and core engine improvements
OOTP Developments is also releasing iOOTP Baseball 2012 for iOS on April 5. It will cost $4.99.
Richie The Gnome: Treasure Hunter Available From MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has increased its list of game titles with the addition of Adore Games' Richie The Gnome: Treasure Hunter to its list of titles available for download and purchase. The underground maze exploration titles challenges players to search for stolen treasure while avoiding all manner of traps and monsters.
Get ready to take an unforgettable journey to an underground maze with the gutsy Gnome-golddigger! Richie The Gnome: Treasure Hunter is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Richie The Gnome: Treasure Hunter
Plunge into an underground cave and explore twisted mazes in search of stolen treasure. Awaiting you are risks and adventures at every step you take. Green goblins are constantly on guard and have set some traps to block your way home. Outwit the monsters! Gather all the treasures and magic mushrooms!
- 100 encumbering levels
- a dynamic soundtrack, colourful graphics
- unpredictable green monsters
- magic mushrooms
- gold and silver cups as rewards for your success
- secret doors to bonus levels
- fabulous wealth
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012
Friday, March 9, 2012
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.