|Monday, February 20, 2012|
Civilization V: Gods & Kings Announced
6:13 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Aspyr Media, in a GameAgent Blog post, has revealed that the Civilization V: Gods & Kings expansion pack is in development for Mac. Among other things Gods & Kings will feature 27 new units, 13 new buildings, 9 new wonders, and 9 new playable civilizations.
Straight from Aspyr Media, they are excited to tell us that they are confirming their support for the upcoming Civilization V expansion, “Gods & King” for the Mac. They’ll be working hard on the expansion to bring it to you around the same time as the PC release. The expansion is slated for release late Spring 2012 for the PC so you can expect the Mac version to come out shortly afterwards.The Civilization V: Gods & Kings expansion is scheduled for release to Windows PC users in late Spring, with the Mac version to follow shortly after.
Civilization V: Gods & Kings
For those of you who don’t know what this expansion adds (quoted straight from 2K Games announcement):
- Tons of New Stuff. I know I just mentioned it, but I want to draw attention to just how many new things we’ve got here: 27 new units, 13 new buildings, 9 new wonders, and 9 new playable civilizations. Among the new civilizations are the Netherlands (William I, Prince of Orange), the Celts (Boudicca), and the Mayans (Pacal the Great).
- Religion. That’s right; quite possibly the most requested major addition to the game is coming in the Gods & Kings expansion. Using the new “Faith” resource, you’ll be able to found your own religion and grow it from a simple Pantheon of the Gods to a world-spanning fully-customized religion.
- Reworked Combat System. The expansion has a reworked combat system along with an AI that places more emphasis on balanced army composition. Among the changes to the combat system is the addition of melee naval units, which will force you to really rethink the way you execute your naval assaults.
- Enhanced Diplomacy, with Espionage. In addition to being able to establish embassies with your rival civilizations, spies will now be an important part of how you conduct your foreign affairs. Surveilling foreign cities, stealing advanced techs, and garnering influence with city-states are some of the things you’ll be able to do with this new powerful mechanic.
- New City-States. With religion being added to the game, it only made sense to introduce Religious city-states which will interact with your religion in special ways. In addition, Mercantile city-states will be attractive for those of you who love to grow your civilization’s treasury. All city-states will use the greatly expanded quest system, making city-states more dynamic and diplomatic victories more challenging, while decreasing the importance of gold when dealing with city-states.
- New Scenarios. Three new scenarios will be coming in Civilization V: Gods & Kings. Experience the fall of Rome, explore the medieval era, and my personal favorite: a unique scenario in a Victorian science-fiction setting.
Buy Civilization V
Drox Operative Storm And Hive Monsters Revealed
6:13 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Soldak Entertainment has published more new information about features in the upcoming Drox Operative starship action RPG. The update this time reveals two monster races: the Storm and Swarm, just two of the many beasties populating the void between worlds. Drox Operative will put players in the role of an elite starship captain and will feature warring alien races, fierce space battles, a dynamic and evolving galaxy, and co-op multiplayer.
Unlike many space games, the galaxy where Drox Operative takes place is not empty. For various reasons there are numerous monsters flying about in space. The reasons of their existence and why they attack on sight might vary tremendously, but they are all extremely dangerous. The following may contain spoilers.Check out the new monsters at the link below.
Drox Operative Monsters
Buy Drox Operative
GL Golf Available At Macgamestore
6:13 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Nuclear Nova's GL Golf is now available for download and purchase from Macgamestore.com. The frequently updated 3D golf sim offers a variety of features to sports enthusiatists including realistic physics, up to four players, 3 difficulty modes, and online tournaments.
>GL Golf is a 3D sports game for the casual gamer. With a realistic physics system and great simple graphics, you and up to four players can golf all 630 holes for countless hours. Everything in a real game of golf is included, such as water hazards, sand traps, trees, bushes, wind, four seasons, different time of days to play, and a driving range. Other great features include both an internet and individual high score list, game saving, great music, iTunes controls, 3 difficulty modes, mulligans, the ability to choose your set of clubs, match/stroke play, online tournaments, and much more.GL Golf is available now for $14.99 (USD).
Try the 6 hole demo course for free, and then register to unlock all of the course. GL Golf is constantly being upgraded with four new courses being released each year!
- Intel Mac
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
Buy GL Golf
The Sims 3 Lunar Lakes DLC Released
6:13 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Electronic Arts has announced the release of The Sims 3 Lunar Lakes as digital download exclusively available from The Sims 3 Store. The DLC takes place on a foreign planet where survivors from a disabled spaceship have built a colony, and features a new world to explore, new items, new locations, new sims stories, and the new Tree of Prosperity.
Set on an intriguing new planet full of the eerie and unknown, The Sims 3 Lunar Lakes is one of the most unique and far-away worlds ever created for The Sims 3. Having settled on this foreign planet several generations ago after their spacecraft became disabled, Sims have been hard at work to establish a thriving society on Lunar Lakes. Now complete with fully functioning roads, schools, businesses and agriculture, Sims have settled into three areas of the world. The first location is a flat expanse of land called ‘spaceship plain’ built on the disabled spacecraft area. The second area is a craterous colony where bohemian farmers live along the shores of freshwater lakes. The last locale is settled by a group of stragglers who inhabit the edge of society, pursuing their own creative dreams.Learn more about The Sims 3 Lunar Lakes at the link below.
The Sims 3: Lunar Lakes
Players have the opportunity to explore the subterranean dwellings of Lunar Lakes and discover the mysteries that are waiting to be revealed on this planet. One of the prominent locations is the science lab, which has been built from the remnants of the crashed spacecraft. Many Sims work at the lab and have discovered a number of fascinating scientific findings about the planet. For one, the world is powered completely by alien crystals that are embedded into the planet’s rocks. Through excavation, Sims uncovered these crystals and the importance they bring to life in Lunar Lakes. Sims have also discovered the Tree of Prosperity – an exotic plant that bares fruit which give Sims bonus skills when eaten.
- Explore a Unique New World - Meet new Sims, discover new locations, and experience the cosmos of Lunar Lakes!
- Exclusive New Items - Customize your game with dozens of all-new exclusive objects and clothing that are only available in Lunar Lakes.
- Exclusive New Locations – Lunar Lakes is full of all new locations, lots, and venues. Where will your explorations take you?
- Discover the secrets of this strange new world by joining the Science Career and working at The Perigee, the massive spaceship that brought Sims to the planet long ago.
- Remember the worlds that were left behind by visiting bio-dome parks that invoke the feel of Sunset Valley, Appaloosa Plains, Hidden Springs, and more.
- Explore the Crystal Mine and discover rare rocks and gems.
- Help the colony prosper by tending vegetables at the Community Garden.
- Bring the little ones to have a good time at the Umbra Playground and Park.
- All-New Sims and Stories - Stranded on an alien world your Sims must utilize the power of science to thrive! Will they create a utopian civilization, or quarrel over resources? What mysteries lie beyond the edges of the colony? Whatever the answers, one thing is certain: the Sims you meet in Lunar Lakes all have stories that are truly out of this World.
- All New: The Tree of Prosperity – Expand your game with an all-new item that provides gameplay benefits. This exotic plant is made of floating crystals and changes shape throughout the day. Play with the Tree of Prosperity and your Sims can learn skills faster. Discover the secrets of this alien tree today!
The Sims 3
Buy The Sims 3
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Monday, February 13, 2012
Friday, February 10, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.