Avadon: The Black Fortress Patch 1.0.4 Ready To Download
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Spiderweb Software has released a new update for Avadon: The Black Fortress. The patch brings the game to version 1.0.4 and includes improved support for Apple magic trackpads.
The first chapter of a new saga, Avadon puts players in the role of a spy and warrior tasked to defend the homeland from its many enemies. The game features four different character classes, dozens of sidequests, hundreds of items to discover, and many different possible endings.
We have updated Avadon: The Black Fortress for the Macintosh to v1.0.4. This update fixed a number of glitches and improves performance with Apple magic trackpads. You can get the newest version here. Just download and install it. Your saved games and registration won't be affected.Check out the links below for more information.
Avadon: The Black Fortress
Buy Avadon: The Black Fortress
Tropico 3: Gold Edition Tips & Tricks
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
A new post on Aspyr Media's GameAgent Blog offers a collection of tips and tricks for success in Feral Interactive's Tropico 3: Gold Edition. Developed by Haemimont Games and published by Kalypso Media for Windows, Tropico 3: Gold Edition is a re-imagining of the classic construction and management simulation Tropico.
General Tips:Read more at the link below.
GameAgent Blog: Tropico 3 Tips & Tricks
- Faction respect is negligible and you need not worry about it so much when creating your avatar because if you are doing well, everyone will like you anyways.
- Make a custom avatar to fit your play style. Donít be afraid to change styles if things are not working out for you.
- Give speeches from the palace to increase the respect of those listening but donít become speech happy or else your people will stop working, sleeping, and entertaining just to listen to you.
- Your teamsters and construction workers are vital to your town. Make sure the workers live near work, have healthcare, markets, and entertainment nearby so they stay in the same area other than work and worksites. They do not need a garage.
- Micromanage fees and wages because it will help you in the long run with housing and peopleís happiness.
- It is inefficient to house everyone in the same type of housing.
- Price your initial housing buildings at the very beginning of the game so that only married couples and your high school students can afford them. This ensures that the great number of people will stay out of shacks and minimize the discontent of your pre-high school educated. If you have any leftover space after all the married couples move in, lower the price so single people can fill it.
- Never have more than 10 buildings being constructed at the same time. It confuses the workers. If you do pause some of them, so the workers can focus on other buildings first.
- If youíre playing a randomly generated map and get an island split in two by a body of water. The map still may be playable.. See if you can place a tourist dock on the inside edge of the island. If you canít then the body of water separating the island is not considered ocean and strangely enough construction crews will walk underwater to get to the other side and build what you want if it is not ocean.
Tropico 3: Gold Edition
Buy Tropico 3: Gold Edition
LEGO Universe Comes To An End
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Recently The LEGO Group announced that the company's LEGO themed MMO, LEGO Universe is now closed. Company representatives stated the cause of the closure was an inability to encourage enough paying subscribers, despite positive player feedback for the game itself.
As was announced last year, January 31, 2012 was the last day of LEGO Universe. The servers have been shut down due to the lack of a satisfactory number of players to paying subscribers. As a result 115 employees at the Play Well Studios and the game's marketing function in Denmark had been laid off.For more information check out the link below.
Worthplaying: LEGO Universe Closure
Buy LEGO Universe
3SwitcheD Now Available From MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
ZUXXEZ Entertainment's 3SwitcheD is now available for purchase and download from Macgamestore.com. The game combines classic match-three style gameplay with vibrant visuals and innovative glasses-free 3D. The new 3D-ETTM technology utilizes the common cameras found in most laptops, desktops and smartphones to give players 3D perspective control by tracking their eye and head movements.
Thanks to brilliant 3D-graphics and new technology, a cult classic has been transformed into a highly addictive masterpiece. "3SwitcheD" offers six diversified challenges and uncounted hours of gaming fun, including unlockable bonus levels and the never-ending chase for the elusive high score. The innovative 3D-ETTM Face-Tracking Technology takes your game to the next level: a camera will scan your movement in front of the screen in real time! The unique technology analyzes the position of your face in relation to the screen, and adjusts the playing field in real time as you target diamonds! 3SwitcheD is available now for $14.95 (USD).
The hunt for the elusive Tania Diamonds begins! In the entertainment capital of Zeta Reticuli, TopWare Interstellar Entertainment has opened the hottest new Arcade in the galaxy. The Arcade has also installed the newest tech in the universe: 3D- ETTM Face-Tracking Technology. This unique innovation analyzes the position of your face in regards to the screen and adapts the perspective in real time! Special gravity conditions in the power field of the Arcade keep precious and rare Tania diamonds at your disposal. Send them off into orbit in six different game modes as you chase diamonds and online high scores!
- An innovative 3D-edition of a cult classic
- Six different game modes.
- Strategically move diamonds to gain access to score-multiplying bonus levels in Clearing Clusters.
- Sprint into high scores by quickly combining diamonds in Snazzy Swap.
In Falling Stars, your only enemy is the clock. Make rows and columns of diamonds as long as possible, but be careful of overcrowding the playing field!
- In Pathfinder, move diamonds strategically to keep the paths open.
- In Moving 4-ward, bonus events will test your gem swapping strategies.
- In Gravity Switch, up is down and down is up! Use the changing gravity fields to your advantage and gain access to the bonus multiplier levels!
- Easy to learn gameplay with high replay value
- State of the art graphics guarantees optical bliss
- Choose between 2 harmonious sound tracks / music scores
- Professional voice recordings, with the option to choose between a male and a female voice
- Supports 3D-ET Technology
- Track your score against others online!
- Two modes with bonus-levels!
- Intel Mac
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 128 MB VRAM
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Monday, January 30, 2012
Friday, January 27, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.