Be A King: Golden Empire Now At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Be A King: Golden Empire from Rake In Grass is now available for download and purchase at Macgamestore.com. The latest installment of the strategy series once again puts players in the role of a ruler struggling to build a powerful empire while fending off the attacks of bandit hordes.
Try to rule your land as the real king! Rebuild cities to their former glory, feed the poor and protect them from raids by bandits. Rule with your strong hand and raise a powerful empire.Be A King: Golden Empire is available now for $6.99 (USD).
Be A King: Golden Empire (add to watch list)
"Be a King: Golden Empire" is a fantasy strategy game. It offers fast and entertaining game play. You - as a ruler of a medieval kingdom - must build towns and cities, defend them against raiders and perform various objectives. Enjoy the medieval atmosphere in lovely fantasy graphics!
- Play 35+ original levels
- Use 12 different types of buildings to grow your cities
- Upgrade the buildings - each building has 3 variants
- Defend your lieges against hordes of monsters and bandits
- Fulfill different types of objectives
- Train heroes and complete a lot of adventurous quests
- Enjoy original music
- Be a king!
Buy Be A King: Golden Empire
Developing Cinematics For Dragon Age
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
BioWare has released a new interview with Jonathan Perry, cinematic lead for the Dragon Age RPG series. The developer discusses working at BioWare, creating cinematics for the games, and offered some advice to those looking to enter the game industry.
Do you have any advice for those wishing to get into the video game industry?Read more at the link below.
BioWare: Dragon Age Cinematic Designer Interview
Make something! Make characters, textures, animations, machinima, a mod or whatever you’re interested in doing. There are lots of easily accessible game engines and toolsets out there to play with. The results might not be very good at first, but keep making things and they’ll get better. I love it when candidates have a big portfolio of work that shows they’re passionate about what they’re making and would be doing it even if they weren’t trying to get a job in the industry. And play lots of games! Be able to discuss a variety of games and what they did well or what could have been improved.
BioWare (add to watch list)
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars Reviewed
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
AppleTell has posted a new review of Feral Interactive's LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars. Developed by TT Games and LucasArts, it is the latest in the line of LEGO titles to be brought to the Mac by Feral Interactive.
Let’s get the guts out of the way: the cartoon is loosely adapted into a series of action sequences and puzzles where movie characters are transformed into Lego minifigs. You run around collecting lego blocks and fighting using weapons and special abilities. Jedi can use the force and slice with their lightsabers, other characters can climb, use blasters, unlock doors, and open new areas for exploration. You can destroy furniture for more lego blocks or to construct ladders and machines to help you along your way. If you’ve played one Lego movie game, you’re familiar with the mechanic and also the major shortcoming: since these games originated as platformers, the controls are kinda clunky when they come over to the PC.Check out the full review at the site below.
AppleTell: LEGO Star Wars III Review
Feral Interactive (add to watch list)
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (add to watch list)
Buy LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Vendetta Online Update Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Guild Software has released game and status updates for its massively-multiplayer online space strategy game, Vendetta Online. Version 1.8.206 offers a variety of updates and changes to the game.
What's new in 1.8.206:
- Added new 3rd-person flight camera modes for all platforms. It is the default for new Android installs and can be changed in Options->Game->Flight Camera Mode Turn off mouse-look when using them on PC platforms.Learn more at the link below.
Vendetta Online Update Info
- Added Auto-Fire mode for Android version when in Touch-screen mode for a better new-player experience. Auto-Fire is default to on and can be toggled in Options->Game->Auto Fire and is an optional setting for the 'Activate' HUD touch button. Auto-Fire only fires when the selected target is an enemy ship outside the No-Fire-Zone and is close enough to be hit. Only the Primary Group is hooked up to Auto-Fire.
- Flight-Assist mode now has the ability to fly backwards. When the desired speed is zero, pressing decelerate further will cause the ship to fly backwards.
- Android HUD touch regions no longer release when dragging out of them. This mainly affects the Look Direction touch region in the lower right of the HUD.
- Escort, Border Skirmish and Hive Skirmish missions are now aware of partial damage and will credit players for "assists."
- Border Skirmish mission descriptions now include an indication that there are players in the opposing mission.
- Fixed Trade Guild missions to count ore given to the mission as being sold to the station for Mining Badge credit.
- Fixed a broken docking bay in the Training Sector.
Guild Software (add to watch list)
Strategy First (add to watch list)
Vendetta Online (add to watch list)
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, January 9, 2012
Friday, January 6, 2012
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.