|Wednesday, November 16, 2011|
IMG Reviews Roads Of Rome 2
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Inside Mac Games has posted a new review of Roads of Rome 2 from Realore Studios. The game combines elements of strategy and time management titles, challenging players to build roads to the kingom of the Gods in an effort to find a potion capable of saving the poisoned Caesar's life.
Here's an excerpt:
As is generally the case in these casual games, the game teaches you to play as you go, whether you need it to or not. This is helpful as many levels add new elements and these are pointed out to you as you play so you don’t miss anything. In Roads of Rome 2 you start by collecting just two resources, food and trees, to keep yourself fed and build roads. As you’d expect, this quickly escalates to building sawmills and farms, quarries for stone, mines for gold, storehouses, smithies, and so on. Each level starts with a screen telling you what you have to accomplish to move on, with each level including building a road. You’ll quickly get the hang of the basics, and as you level up, and have access to more workers, you’ll start having to strategize more on what to build and collect first, what upgrades you’re going to need early, and the best way to accomplish the goals in the time provided. As you would expect there is a certain similarity to the levels, but enough changes and variety to keep things from getting boring.Check out the full review at the link below.
IMG Review: Roads Of Rome 2
Roads Of Rome 2
Buy Roads Of Rome 2
A Valley Without Wind: Pre-Order Now At Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | 5 comments
Arcen Games' A Valley Without Wind is now available for pre-order from Macgamestore.com. The procedurally-generated 2D side-scrolling adventure challenges players to survive in a world shattered by cataclysm. Those who pre-order now receive a 50% discount as well as access to the beta version of the game and all subsequent updates through launch and beyond.
Environ has been shattered in the wake of an unknown cataclysm, with only small pockets of humanity left in its wake... What will you do in this strange new world?The A Valley Without Wind pre-order with beta is available now for $9.95 (USD).
The creators of AI War bring you a procedurally-generated 2D side-scrolling adventure of limitless proportions. Survive and explore a vast persistent world filled with dangerous creatures, powerful magic, and ancient technology. Do so while helping other survivors establish settlements, gathering resources to craft, fending off evil invaders, and more.
This Game Is Still In Beta!
A Valley Without Wind is currently in beta and as such is still very much in development. The game continues to evolve, with new content and improvements added nearly every weekday. When you pre-order AVWW, you'll be getting access to the current beta version and all subsequent updates through launch (v1.0) and beyond -- and at a substantial 50% discount, we might add!
- Explore the beautiful and dangerous regions of Environ in a sprawling adventure. Travel through lush countryside, ruined towns, deep subterranean caves, and buildings of all shapes and sizes.
- Procedural-generation ensures no two worlds will ever be the same. Your planet unfolds as you discover it, and once you've discovered something it becomes part of your Environ for good.
- Take command of survivor settlements. Scout surrounding areas for rare crafting materials and fend off invaders in the turn-based strategic overlay.
- Improve resident productivity and quality of life through the city-building interface at each settlement.
- Bring to life an infinite amount of characters, settings and stories. You don't just represent an individual, you represent an entire civilization and its indomitable will to survive in a shattered world.
- Everywhere has treasures to discover, people to help, and evils to confront.
- Craft a variety of spells, scrolls, and traps to help you on your way.
- During beta, there are new updates nearly every weekday -- packed with additional content, improvements, and much more.
A Valley Without Wind
Buy A Valley Without Wind
Gratuitous Tank Battles Trailer Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 3 comments
Positech Games has released a new trailer featuring alpha footage from the developer's upcoming Gratuitous Tank Battles. The new game is described as a hybrid of real time strategy and tower defense featuring online elements, customizable units, and a built-in map editor for custom creations.
The video is just showing some battles, not the level editor or the unit editor, or any online stuff (still most of that to do…) so its only a snapshot of the traditional tower-defense side of the game, albeit playing as attacker and defender, and with a tad more detail and explodyness than most TD games I hope :D .Head over to the link below to check out the new video.
Gratuitous Tank Battles Trailer
Gratuitous Tank Battles
Buy Gratuitous Tank Battles
Avatar Viewer Coming Soon To EVE Online
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
A new CCP Games blog reveals a new Avatar Viewer feature planned for addition to EVE Online in an upcoming update. The viewer will allow players of the sci-fi MMO to view a full body image of character avatars.
When selecting to Show Info on a character, you’ll still be able to click the magnifying glass on their portrait to get a higher resolution static image, but now you'll also see an option at the bottom of this window to "View Full Body". This will launch a new window containing the 3D render of the character, with all of their questionable fashion tastes intact.Learn more at the link below.
EVE Blog: Avatar Viewer
There are also some basic camera controls allowing you to rotate and zoom the character, so you can inspect them more thoroughly.
- Perform a character search using People & Places, or find someone from your contact list or a character in chat.
- Show Info on the character.
- Click the magnifying glass on the portrait (this will open the high resolution static portrait as before)
- Click the "View Full Body" button at the bottom of the page.
- Revel in the splendor of the target's fashion sense (or their insipid dreariness for that matter!).
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, November 14, 2011
Friday, November 11, 2011
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.