Pre-Order The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition is now available to pre-order at Macgamestore.com. On its way to Mac courtesy of TransGaming, the game will give players the chance to design custom pets for their Sims and then enjoy a variety of new activities and social interactions with the new creatures. The Limited Edition features a pet store filled with one of a kind objects.
Bring excitement and surprise into your Sims' lives with pets! Create the perfect (or imperfect) pets for your Sims, from fierce guard dogs to destructive kittens to trusty horses and more as you determine not only how your Sims' pets look but their personality traits as well. With a variety of new activities and social interactions, take direct control of your Sims' pets and explore new ways to mess with their lives. Give your Sims a new member of their household and discover all-new ways to play with life!Pre-order The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition now for $39.99 (USD). The expansion is scheduled for an October 18 release.
Experience life on four legs as you explore the Sims world through the eyes of a dog or cat! Will you be fun and friendly or will you be more pest than pet? Dig, chase, find collectibles, learn to hunt, and more. Go outside and play or just go on the rug. Dogs can even help their owners land a date! Move up the pet pecking order with career opportunities. (Who knew there was a dog and cat underworld?) Travel the town with your owner, sniff out discoveries, find treasure, and more.
- Be the pet - Wield control of your pets to chase, dig, tackle, and more. Be the perfect companion or wreak havoc on your Sims!
- Pets have their own traits - From intelligent, friendly, and proud to playful, adventurous, and aggressive, determine the personalities of your Sims' pets.
- Pets can learn skills - Cats and dogs can learn to hunt, dogs can learn to locate collectibles and fetch your Sims a date. With career opportunities, your Sims' pets can even work their way up the chain to become the ultimate criminal mastermind.
- More pets mean more fun! Create a wide variety of unique dogs, cats, and - for the first time ever - horses! Think your Sim has what it takes to tame a wild horse?
- Exclusive Limited Edition Content! Only in The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition will you find a pet store filled with one-of-a-kind objects.
The Sims 3 Pets
Buy The Sims 3 Pets
Trauma Now Available At Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com recently added Krystian Majewski's Trauma to its list of digital download titles available for purchase. The unique point-and-click experience puts players in the role of a young woman recovering from a car accident, who must interact with her dreams to understand more about herself.
TRAUMA tells a story of a young woman who survives a car accident. Recovering at the hospital, she has dreams that shed light on different aspects of her identity - such as the way she deals with the loss of her parents. TRAUMA lets you experience those dreams in an interactive way, reminiscent of Point-and-Click Adventure Games. It builds upon this established formula by introducing a gesture-based interface, real-time 3D technology for dynamic level layouts, unique photographic visuals and a level design philosophy that focuses on creating a rich experience rather than an elaborate puzzle challenge. Combined with the unconventional story, it is aimed to be a compact and deep game for a literate and mature audience.Trauma is available now for $6.99 (USD).
- OS: Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
- Processor: 2.0 GHz Dual Core
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
Kung Fu Killforce Wins uDevGames Contest
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Kung Fu Killforce, a "fast and furious" arcade-style game won Best Overall Game in the uDevGames Mac Game Development contest. The winning game, as determined by voters from the Mac gaming community, was created by Justin Fic, Erik Skov, Blake Buck, and Mark Gardner. The runner up spot for Best Overall Game went to Leader of Mans, created by Andy Korth, with third place going to Your Story created by Max Williams, Scott Lembcke.
uDevGames 2011 Winners!Head over to the links below for more information.
Kung Fu Killforce
Congratulations to every entrant! The challenge of writing a complete game in three months is extremely tough, and making it to the finish line is a big accomplishment.
Best Overall Game
Kung Fu Killforce
by Justin Ficarotta, Erik Skov, Blake Buck, Mark Gardner
by Will Miller, Thomas Karlsson, David McDonough
by Alex Diener
by Priyesh Dixit, Kunal Dixit and G. Michael Youngblood
uDevGames would not be possible without the support of the community and its generous sponsors, including: 71 Squared, AMD, Apparent Software, Bare Bones, Cheeta3d, The Coding Monkeys, Fat Cat Software, Flying Meat, HairerSoft, Howling Moon Software, Karelia, Me and Mark Publishing, OmniGroup, Pixelmator, Propellerhead Software, Real Software, Torus Knot Software, Zennaware, and Zwopple. uDevGames would like to sincerely thank everyone involved for making this contest a success.
Past contests have resulted in over 150 games created by independent Mac developers from around the world and have awarded entrants with a total prize pool valued at over $100,000. Awarding prizes to developers who participate in uDevGames confirms one of iDevGames' core values that motivation is the key to turning game coders into game developers. The source code for all games entered into the uDevGames contest is released back to the community under Open Source licenses, accomplishing iDevGames' mission of educating and expanding the Macintosh game developer community.
Vendetta Online Version 1.8.193 Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Guild Software has released a new patch for its massively-multiplayer online space strategy game, Vendetta Online. The latest update brings the game to version 1.8.193 and includes a variety of new updates, bug fixes, and content additions.
Changes offered in the update:
- Updated textures for Valkyrie, Prometheus, and Marauder.
- Expanded hardware server-cluster capacity (number of cores).
- Improved software server architecture, should eradicate "stray NPC"
issues. Please let us know if you see any remaining stray convoy bots.
- User Keys can no longer be chosen as the main Access Key for capships
and conquerable stations.
- Access Keys should more accurately reflect their active status in the
- Added Audio Limiter setting to allow it to be disabled. The setting is
located in Options -> Audio.
- Changed default in-flight action for Android device 'Menu' button from
toggling Flight-Assist to opening the Mission Log.
- When using the Condensed UI mode on Android devices, a reminder about
using the 'Menu' button to change game menus is displayed when the
station or PDA menus are displayed.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the capship Tactical menu to become visible
on ships without turrets.
- Improved race track graphics.
Click over to the site below to learn more about Vendeta Online.
Vendetta Online Update Info
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Monday, October 10, 2011
Friday, October 7, 2011
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.