Virtual Programming Releases Three New Game Titles
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Virtual Programming recently released three new game titles. Hearts of Iron 3: For The Motherland, World Golf Challenge 2011, and Europa Universalis III Chronicles are all now available for purchase. HoI 3:HtM returns players to the battlefields of World War II to guide their chosen country during the years of 1936 to 1948. WCG 2011 offers a full featured golf simulation. EU III Chronicles combines the original EU III strategy title with four expansion packs.
Hearts of Iron 3: For The MotherlandHearts of Iron 2: For the Motherland is available for $19.99, World Challenge Golf costs $14.99, and Europa Universalis III Chronicles can be purchased for $29.99.
Europa Universalis III Chronicles (add to watch list)
It’s time to dust off the field marshal's baton and take command of any nation in World War II; the largest conflict in history.
This expansion to the critically acclaimed Hearts of Iron III lets you take charge -or delegate -at any level, from division to nation, through a variety of scenarios.
Guide your country to glory from 1936 to 1948 -wage war on the battlefields, in the factories, and at the negotiating table, in the grandest of all World War II strategy games ever made.
- War Goals and enforced peace, each member of the faction can demand their own slice and claim it when it is taken
- New Partisan system, build Partisan undergrounds to organize your resistance movements and battle not just the occupier but also other ideologies for control of the country
- Seize strategic resources to fuel your war machine
- New Theatre Interface giving greater strategic information
- Improved Internal politics and a new coup system
- The return of the battle scenario system to offer new mini campaigns
World Golf Challenge 2011
- Hearts of Iron 3 and Semper Fi
- OS X 10.6.8 or higher
- Any Intel CPU
- GeForce 7300, RadeonHD 2600/4850/4870, Intel HD 3000 (GMA cards not supported, ATI X1600/X1900 not supported)
- 128 MB VRAM, 1GB RAM
- 1.4 GB hard disk space
- Broadband connection for Internet play & Product Registration
Create, Play & Communicate - Superb gameplay, functionalityand control.
This isn’t a game, it’s a way of life!
- New Course types, Championship Golf, Pitch and Putt,Par 3, Crazy Golf, Mini Golf and more.
- New game modes including Stableford, Practice, Nearestthe Pin, Longest Drive etc.
- Improved draw distance, allowing the entire course to bedisplayed in the distance.
- Zero load times between holes.
- All new characters and animations.
- Real-time passing of time – choose your tee time and watchtime fly!
- All new graphical effects including enhanced lighting andshadow systems for objects and terrain, normal map, detailmap, mega-texture
- Multilingual version available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian & Russian
- All new physics engine, using real-world data
- Twenty courses available including real, licensed courses: -
- * Championship Golf – 20 full 18 hole courses :* Par 3 * Pitch and putt * Range * Crazy Golf – 2 courses * Mini Golf
Europa Universalis III Chronicles
- Mac OSX 10.6.8 or better
- Intel Processor
- 1Gb RAM
- Radeon 2400HD, GeForce 8600 or Intel 3000HD or better video
Europa Universalis III: Chronicles includes the award-winning epic strategy game where players take control of a nation and guide it through the ages to become a dominant global empire.
Unparalleled in its depth and historical accuracy, Europa Universalis gives players the freedom to rule any nation from an impressive choice of over 250 countries.
Europa Universalis III: Chronicles includes:
- Europa Universalis III (Base Game)
- Heir to the Throne (Expansion packs)
- Divine Wind (Expansion packs)
- Napoleons Ambition (Expansion packs)
- In Nomine.(Expansion packs)
- Play any historical nation between 1399 and 1820 to build your Empire through the use of exploration, trade, warfare and diplomacy
- Highly detailed and interactive countries and cities allow you control over the development of your Empire
- Co-operative multiplayer over LAN or Internet for up to 32 players
- Engage in the thriving Europa Universalis III online community: download modifications to add to the gameplay, find friends to play online
- Mac OS X version 10.6.8
- Intel processor
- 512MB RAM
- 128MB video card (GeForce 7300, Radeon X1600 or newer)
- 700MB of hard disk space
- Internet connection for product registration.
Hearts Of Iron 3: For The Motherland (add to watch list)
Virtual Programming (add to watch list)
World Golf Challenge 2011 (add to watch list)
A Valley Without Wind Demo Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 5 comments
Arcen Games has released a demo for its upcoming side-scrolling adventure game, A Valley Without Wind. In AVWW players take the role of a survivor in a post ice age world of the distant future. The new demo allows gamers to play up to level six.
Set in a post-ice-age world in the distant future, the game focuses on survival and exploration. As a random survivor of this harsh world, you decide what impact to make on it.Check out the links below for more information.
A Valley Without Wind Demo
In fact, nearly anything you do will shape your world in some way. Span regions, even continents if you desire. Form settlements and build shelters for safer travel. Map your world, and face its many dangers. Being procedurally-generated, the world is unique for each individual player and it literally goes on forever. No two worlds are the same, and your world permanently forms only as you discover it. Explore, scavenge, craft, cast (yup, there's magic), and fend off foes in a variety of ways. Better your world by aiding other survivors and gaining their help. Or don't, kill everyone in sight and deal with the consequences.
It's all up to you.
While death for your characters is permanent, weapons, loot, levels and anything else you've earned while playing will always exist. If one character dies, the player simply assumes a new survivor and the world continues on from there. Not as if nothing happened, though. Those who came in contact with the now-deceased will eventually catch word of their passing, and may share feelings on the departed, for better or worse. Current characters can even pay their respects by visiting the player's own personal graveyard which will contain each and every deceased character played
Arcen Games (add to watch list)
A Valley Without Wind (add to watch list)
Buy A Valley Without Wind
Dota 2 Release Plans Accelerated
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
In a new blog post Valve revealed a change of development plans for its upcoming strategy title, Dota 2. Originally planned for another year in beta testing, instead the game will be released as soon as possible. Dota 2 will incorporate elements of real time strategy and role playing games, and will feature a roster of over 100 heroes, integrated voice chat, and AI bots to step in when human players are disconnected.
Our original plan was to spend the next year or so in beta, adding new features and slowly growing the number of heroes until we reached a level of parity with Dota 1, at which point we’d release Dota 2 to the world. But the feedback we’re seeing everywhere is that people just want to play it, even though there’s still a ton of heroes yet to be implemented. We’ve also seen that the folks who are already in the beta are chomping at the bit to show everyone else some of the fun games they’ve had. So we decided our original plan was dumb.Read more at the link below.
Valve Software (add to watch list)
Welcome to the new plan: We’re going to take the current version of Dota 2, which has The International set of heroes, and get it out there as fast as we can. We’ve still got some work to do in a couple of areas, so we’ll be keeping it invite-only for a (hopefully short) period of time. But there’ll be no restrictions on what players can do with it – they can release screenshots, make movies, shoutcast matches, write guides, publicly make fun of our HUD, or anything else their hearts desire. While they do that, we’ll be shipping regular updates with more heroes, new features we’ve been working on, and improvements on the existing content as we get more and more feedback.
Dota 2 (add to watch list)
Dota 2 Release Plans
IMG Tips & Tricks: Supreme Commander 2
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Inside Mac Games has posted a new article featuring tips and tricks for success in Virtual Programming and Gas Powered Games' Supreme Commander 2. The real time strategy game drops players in the middle of a galactic war between three galactic empires and gives them the chance to command enormous armies from a host of customizable units.
Head over to the page below to read more.
Supreme Commander 2 Tips & Tricks
- Commanders (ACU): Everyone has a single Armored Command Unit. Not only can they build buildings faster than your worker units, but they also have powerful combative abilities as well. Certain upgrades on each ACU are vital, such as Hunker, Overcharge, Jump Jets and Teleport, allowing them great defense, damage and mobility during fights. Don't be afraid to use your commander heavily, but take great care to protect him for he cannot be rebuilt or resurrected if killed.
- Enemy ACUs: Beware of when they die because they go nuclear, unleashing that oh so familiar giant mushroom cloud. It destroys any units or buildings caught in the blast - including your own. Best destroyed from long range or with your ACU to prevent damage to your forces.
Gas Powered Games (add to watch list)
Virtual Programming (add to watch list)
Supreme Commander 2 (add to watch list)
Buy Supreme Commander 2
Nuclear Dawn Now Available At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | 3 comments
Macgamestore.com has added a new title to its growing list of digital download offerings. Iceberg Interactive's Nuclear Dawn is now available for purchase from the webstore. The game combines first person shooter and real time strategy gameplay, allowing players to take the role of a soldier in a war-torn post-apocalyptic world.
Nuclear Dawn is the first game to offer a full FPS and RTS experience, within a single gameplay model, without crippling or diluting either side of the game.Nuclear Dawn is available now for $24.99 (USD).
Nuclear Dawn (add to watch list)
As a soldier, explore war-torn post-apocalyptic landscapes, modelled on modern cities, and take the fight to your enemies as armoured, assault or stealth infantry, using various weapons across ten distinct load-outs to accomplish your objectives. The first person shooter action in Nuclear Dawn is hard, fast and unforgiving, with weapons that rely on skill and tactics more than on twitch reflexes and map memorization.
Then, take Nuclear Dawn above the action, and play as the commander. Organize your fellow players in squads, and assign them to tactical objectives. Plan the resource routes for your army, and production of your structures for forward deployment. Exploit the terrain and resource point locations to block your enemies’ advance, and crush their plans in an iron fist. Research and implement new technologies to give your soldiers the edge on the battlefield, and set up forward bases to lead the assault on your enemies, with a full complement of defensive and offensive structures to choose from, to build your perfect fortress.
- Two factions: The Empire and the Consortium have completely separate base-building paradigms.
- RTS commander: Produce structures, research advanced technologies, unleash devastating strikes on the enemy, and lead your team to victory as a RTS commander.
- Four classes: Each faction has four classes with various kit load outs, totalling over three dozen weapons.
- Squad up: Squad-based 32 player full warfare battle mode.
- Six maps: Travel across the largest, most detailed maps built in Source multiplayer to date.
- Advanced Weaponry: As a commander, judiciously dispense healing to your troops, and death to their enemies, by managing your advanced abilities.
- Stats and Unlocks: 60 ranks, 12 unlocks for each weapon, achievements, gizmos and more.
- SDK: Nuclear Dawn Software Development Kit will be available for the community to be able to create custom maps, etc.
- Source Powered: Based on the L4D2 engine and modified to bring you the ultimate online battle experience.
- OS: MacOS X 10.6.7 or higher
- Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 6GB of free HDD space
- Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2400 / NVidia GeForce 8600M / Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Not Supported: OS X 10.5.x, ATI X1600 or X1900 graphics, NVIDIA GeForce 7 graphics or Intel graphics less than Intel HD 3000.
- Steam required for activation
Buy Nuclear Dawn
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, September 26, 2011
Friday, September 23, 2011
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.