KULA BLOX Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
TransGaming has announced the release of KULA BLOX, a new casual arcade game. The title, created by TransGaming’s in-house Studio Division, leverages the company’s cross-platform game enablement technologies and will be made available on Mac, Windows PC, iPhone, iPad, and TransGaming’s GameTree TV Platform.
“KULA BLOX represents a new standard for TransGaming Studios in that it aligns incredible creative endeavors with the innovative features that new and dynamic platforms bring, such as an interactive gameplay model and micro-transaction capabilities” commented Wojtek Kawczynski, Managing Director of TransGaming’s Studio Division. “The game is extremely fun and engaging for all ages. We’re excited to launch this cornerstone as the first in a long-line of titles within the KULA BLOX franchise.”Learn more about KULA BLOX at the links below.
TransGaming (add to watch list)
KULA BLOX is a fast-paced casual arcade game that delivers engaging, bite-sized entertainment through its exciting gameplay and beautifully illustrated cast of animal-themed characters. Players must maneuver their character as it falls through the sky, collecting or “eating” other creatures in order to gain points and grow bigger to ultimately find their way to the top of the scoreboard.
Targeted to a broad family audience, the release of KULA BLOX represents the Studio Division’s 3rd title, and very first original IP. The game will offer micro-payments and social media connectivity in future releases.
KULA BLOX (add to watch list)
Macgamestore Deals Up Two New Hoyle Titles
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has added Hoyle Card Games 2012 and Hoyle Casino Games 2012 to its roster of digital download titles. The latest editions in the popular Hoyle computer game series offer hundreds of game variations, an easy-to-use interface, and adjustable difficulty levels.
Hoyle Card Games 2012:Hoyle Card Games 2012 and Hoyle Casino Games 2012 are available now for $17.95 (USD) each, a 10% discount off the regular price.
Hoyle Card Games 2012 (add to watch list)
Shuffle the cards and deal yourself in to the greatest card game collection of all time. With over 150 game variations, Hoyle Card Games 2012 is the largest & most comprehensive collection of card games available for your Mac! Choose card game favorites like Poker, Gin Rummy and Hearts or try your hand at Cribbage, Euchre or Spades. With over 45 varieties of Solitaire, take a break from everyday life and train your brain. For the young or the young-at-heart, try Go Fish, Old Maid and War. Each game from Hoyle, the #1 brand in casual games, is easy to learn and fun to play.
Large cards, fast game play and an easy-to-navigate user interface makes Hoyle Card Games 2012 entertaining and fun. The deck is stacked in your favor with quick game play, so take a break from everyday hustle and that tedious treadmill. Don't wait until Friday night to play your favorite card games, purchase Hoyle Card Games 2012 today and get in the game!
Beware! Playing Hoyle Card Games 2012 is so much fun; you might find yourself playing for hours!
Hoyle Casino Games 2012:
- Create Your Own Player! - Be the star you are! Choose your hair style, face shape, eye color and outfit. With FaceCreator, you can change your look as quickly as you change your mind.
- Compete With Over 25 Characters- And "characters" they are ... so many different personalities to chose from – from a trash-talking dinosaur to a Vegas taxi cab driver and everything in between. Each character has unique strengths, so choose wisely!
- In-Game Currency- Hoyle Bucks – Shop 'till you drop with this in-game currency. The more you play, the more you earn!
- Official Hoyle Rules - Not sure how to play to how to play a game? Learn the rules from the Official Rules According to Hoyle, the game playing authority for over 200 years.
- Customize Your Experience - With over 35 card backs and 4 card fonts, you can customize your cards to match your mood. Escape in the customizable background and toe-tappin' music.
- Adjustable Difficulty Levels - Hone your skills with the adjustable difficulty levels. Keep up the challenge by choosing difficult levels as you keep improving.
- Play in Tournaments! - In Tournament play mode you Compete against other players in card game tournaments. Will you play it safe or bet the farm? It's up to you!
You've hit the jackpot with the most comprehensive collection of casino games available for your Mac! Hoyle Casino Games 2012 is jam-packed with over 600 authentic casino games that will make you feel the rush and excitement of the casino floor. Double down with casino favorites like Blackjack, Roulette and Craps. With realistic Poker Tournaments you've got to know when to hold 'em & know when to fold 'em. Try your luck and spin-to-win with 100s of uniquely-themed multi-line and progressive video & reel spinner slots. Stack the odds in your favor with Keno, Pai Gow Poker & Baccarat. There are no limits to the fun these casino games bring!
With an easy-to-navigate user interface, large cards and fast game play, Hoyle Casino Games 2012 will make you feel like the VIP you are. It's all-or-nothing in this fast-paced collection where you can "double down" or go "all in" without breaking the bank. Don't wait for trip to Vegas to play your favorite casino games, purchase Hoyle Casino Games 2012 today!
In Hoyle Casino Games 2012, you're always a VIP.
Requirements for both titles:
- Fast Game Play! - Play quickly to keep the games exciting!
- Extra Large Cards - Large cards make playing card games enjoyable.
- Compete With Over 25 Characters - Compete against 25 in-game characters. There are so many "characters" to choose from – from a talking bear to a Texas Cowboy, these opponents will have you laughing out loud. Each character has unique strengths, so choose wisely!
- Play in Tournaments! - Tournament play – Compete against other players in casino game tournaments. Will you play it safe or go all in? It's up to you!
- Create Your Own Character! - Be the star you are! Choose your hair style, face shape, eye color and outfit. With FaceCreator, you can change your look as quickly as you change your mind.
- Adjustable Difficulty Levels - Hone your skills with the adjustable difficulty levels. Keep up the challenge by choosing difficult levels as you keep improving
- In-Game Currency - Hoyle Bucks – Shop-'till-you-drop with this in-game currency. The more you play, the more you earn!
- Macintosh OS X 10.4.11 or later
- Intel Core Solo processor 1.5GHz or faster
- 512 MB RAM
- 64MB VRAM (Intel GMA chipsets supported)
- Keyboard, mouse.
- 33.6 Kbps modem or faster and internet service provider account required for internet access. Broadband internet service recommended.
Hoyle Casino Games 2012 (add to watch list)
Building A Legend Of Grimrock Dungeon
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
In a new blog post Almost Human offered an explanation of the work that goes into designing a dungeon environment for the company's upcoming Legend of Grimrock RPG. The new game in development for Mac, Windows PC, and iOS device is an old school dungeon crawler which puts players in the role of a prisoner exiled to Mount Grimrock. To escape they must form a party and make their way through Grimrock's ancient tunnels and dungeons.
First we of course need an idea of what we want to depict. In this case it’s some old mossy brick wall dungeons. At this point I search for reference material and maybe scribble something on paper like how the bricks are divided or the pillar silhouette. Color palette is also thought out to get the right mood and feel.Read more about the process at the link below.
Legend Of Grimrock: Building The Dungeon
Next I sculpt some basic building blocks in ZBrush. They are pretty generic so I can reuse them in other pieces too. I sculpt all the sides to be unique so rotating the block in 90 degree increments gives me 6 different stone cubes. That way repetition is hardly noticeable and you don’t have to sculpt all the bricks one by one.
Legend Of Grimrock (add to watch list)
Buy Legend Of Grimrock
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Monday, September 5, 2011
Friday, September 2, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.