New Jurassic Park Pics Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Telltale Games has updated its game blog with new screenshots for the second episode of the upcoming Jurassic Park: The Game. Based on the popular movie series, the game will give players a chance to participate in the world of genetically engineered dinosaurs.
The game storyline picks up on the stormy night as Jurassic Park began to fall apart –when Dennis Nedry stole a Barbasol can full of invaluable dinosaur embryos. He died trying to deliver it. He never knew it contained a tracking device. That same night, a desperate smuggler infiltrates Isla Nublar, hunting the canister and its precious cargo. She collides – literally – with park staff trying to evacuate. They are trapped together as the park collapses, left behind with the newly-freed dinosaurs. When InGen launches a perilous rescue operation, mercenaries, saboteurs, and survivors are thrown together in the struggle to escape the island. They confront T. Rex, Velociraptors and other dinosaurs in spectacular showdowns. As human agendas clash, secrets of the park are exposed, and a new threat emerges: an eerie, nocturnal predator stalking the group, hunting them relentlessly across the island.View the new screens at the link below.
Telltale Games: Jurassic Park Episode 2 First Look
LEGO Pirates Of The Caribbean Now At Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has announced the addition of LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean to its webstore. Developed by TT Games and brought to Mac by TransGaming, the action adventure title allows players to enjoy memorable moments from the popular Disney films using LEGO minifigures and items.
LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game is an action adventure game bringing to life the Pirates of the Caribbean world and all its colorful characters in LEGO brick form. Players will experience memorable scenes from the first three films, as well as those in the upcoming fourth film, “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” in the humorous and quirky LEGO video games style.LEGO Pirates of the Caribeean is available now for $29.99 (USD).
LEGO Pirates Of The Caribbean
- Exploration – Players will explore familiar locations filled with interactive LEGO objects and encounter more than 70 memorable and new characters while making their way through more than 20 levels
- Combat – The LEGO Caribbean is full of danger! Intense sword fighting moves give the LEGO minifigure a brand new pirate flavor
Unforgettable Cut Scenes – Scenes from the Pirates of the Caribbean films are re-rendered with LEGO minifigures, in the humorous style synonymous with LEGO video games
- Puzzles – Players will need all their pirate cunning to find the hidden LEGO treasures and discover the game’s many secrets
- Two-Player Co-op – Players can join a friend or family member in the same room for two-player “drop-in/drop-out” cooperative action
- Freeplay – Building a collection of characters throughout the game, players can then use their distinctive abilities to gain access to previously unavailable area
- Mac OS® X 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard)
- Intel® Core™ Duo processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 8 GB uncompressed hard drive space
- Keyboard and mouse
Buy LEGO Pirates Of The Caribbean
Tips & Tricks For Success In Defense Grid: The Awakening
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Virtual Programming has updated its blog with a collection of tips and tricks for success in Defense Grid: The Awakening. The tower defense game features 8-10 hours of storyline, 20 unique maps, a variety of tower types, and 15 different types of enemies.
- When you place a tower, it takes a few seconds for the structure to rise out of the pad, so make sure you’re not relying on it to take out a final alien that’s about to exit the map with a power core.
- When you upgrade a tower, you need to give the process several seconds: the old tower lowers out of view, and then the new one rises. Your best time to do that isn’t when you need that tower to destroy some aliens in the next few seconds.
- Pay close attention to towers’ ranges of fire: place the ones with smaller ranges closer to the path, and let the long-distance guns sit back. Meteor towers are perfect for out-of-the-way spots, since they can cover long distances.
- You can click on an alien to check out its stats and monitor its health level. That’s a handy way to know if you should beef up some last-minute defenses before it reaches the exit.
Read the full list at the link below.
VP Blog: Defense Grid Tips & Tricks
Buy Defense Grid
Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy Lion Update Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Battlefront.com has announced the release of the new v1.01B patch for the Mac OS X native version of Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy. The update fixes various issues, mostly related to user permissions involving the new Mac OS X Lion upgrade with the previously released v1.01 patch.
This v1.01B-Mac update for CM:BN includes:Head over to the links below for more information.
Battlefront: Combat Mission Battle For Normandy Patch
- The install works properly on Lion
- Various Keys work properly.
- The install instructions are easier to understand.
- Number pads should perform as expected.
Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy
Buy Combat Mission: Battle For Normandy
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, August 19, 2011
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Monday, August 15, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.