Lume Now Available At Macgamestore
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has added State of Play's Lume to its growing catalog of digital download game titles available for purchase. The puzzle adventure features a unique world crafted from paper and cardboard, as well as challenging puzzles designed to test players' visual, aural, and memory skills.
With a set built entirely out of paper and cardboard, all filmed in glorious high definition, Lume is a game with a style unlike any other. Lume requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later and is available for $6.99 (USD).
Power to your grandad’s house has failed. What’s more, he’s nowhere to be seen. Immerse yourself in Lume’s photoreal world, solve perplexing paper puzzles to help restore the power, and uncover a deeper mystery behind the blackout.
Lume: An illuminating puzzle adventure.
This game forms Part 1 of a larger, ongoing story.
- A point and click puzzle adventure with a difference
- Unique paper and cardboard game world
- Logical but fiendish puzzles which test your visual, aural and memory skills
- Part 1 of a larger mystery.
The Sims 3: Generations Scheduled For Release Today
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
TransGaming 's The Sims 3: Generations, the latest expansion pack for the popular Sims series, is scheduled for release today on the GameTree store. The expansion will allow players to "take the reins and act out life’s most humorous and memorable moments from childhood to teenage years to adulthood."
Enjoy a whole spectrum of rich life experiences with your Sims!More information about The Sims 3: Generations can be found at the links below.
Start off in the imagination-fuelled world of childhood and embrace the drama of the teen years. Experience the complicated realities of adult life, then reap the benefits of growing up in each life stage. A wealth of new options and activities makes your Sims' lives more meaningful than ever before, whatever their ages. With new celebrations, dramatic life events, and all-new ways for your Sims to express their creativity, The Sims 3 Generations lets your Sims live life to the fullest!
All of the new activities, celebrations, and drama are easier than ever to remember and reminisce about with a new Memories system that keeps track of major life moments and also lets you share them on Facebook or your Sims My Page!
- Sims of every age can enjoy new activities! Kids can hang out with friends in tree houses. Teens can pull hilarious pranks. Adults can suffer midlife crises. And so much more!
- Whether it's a raging all-teen party while the parents are out, a high school graduation or an official wedding ceremony, new celebrations make every age more fun!
- From bachelor party hi-jinks to getting in trouble for bad grades to hearing rumors around town about Sims who cheat on their spouses, hilarity ensues when new drama unfolds!
- Sims will enjoy all-new ways to be creative including tinkering with chemistry sets, making their own home movies that they can watch on their own TVs, playing make believe as an astronaut, dinosaur, princess, and more!
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard or higher
- Intel Core Duo Processor (This game will not run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems)
- 2GB RAM
- At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games
- ATI X1600 or Nvidia 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100. (This game will not run on the GMA 950 class of integrated video cards)
The Sims 3: Generations
Buy The Sims 3: Generations
EVE Online: Incursion 1.6 Deployed Today
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 4 comments
CCP Games is scheduled to release Incursion 1.6 today, a new patch for its EVE: Online sci-fi MMO. Among other things the update introduces a new CarbonUI framework which will allow for a new and improved user interface for the game.
EVE Online: Incursion 1.6 is scheduled for deployment during an extended downtime on Tuesday, May 31. Downtime will begin at 10:00 UTC and is expected to be completed at 16:00 UTC. Incursion 1.6 introduces the new CarbonUI framework, paving the road for a new and improved user interface in EVE Online. CarbonUI is an evolution of the existing UI framework, with a completely new rendering layer, providing native support for a number of effects and animations for UI elements and rendering interactable UI onto objects in the 3D scene.Head over to the page below to learn more.
EVE Online: Incursion 1.6
Blizzard Explains The Firelands
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Blizzard Entertainment recently released a new Ask the Devs Q&A. The developers answered questions about the Firelands, explaining the reason the Abyssal Maw dungeon did not show up in patch 4.2 as well as detailing specifics about items and healing mechanics.
What happened with the Abyssal Maw dungeon that was supposed to come with Firelands?Click over to the Blizzplanet page below to read more.
Blizzplanet: Firelands Q&A
Blizzard: Our initial plan for this raid tier was to have fewer bosses in Firelands and a small number of bosses in the Abyssal Maw. As we looked more closely at Firelands, though, we realized that it deserved more bosses. We also got excited about designing item art (and set bonuses!) that were very fiery in nature, and the Molten Front questing area was turning out to be really cool, so we ended up piling more resources into Firelands. That led to the decision to focus on one strong theme (fire), rather than a more diluted fire-and-water theme.
The case for Abyssal Maw pitch was that we could reuse a lot of existing assets (the fights were to take place in a giant shelled demigod like Nespirah), and while we are willing to do that, we thought Abyssal Maw would just pale in comparison to the magnificence of the Firelands. So, we put all of our eggs into that one basket. We’ve decided for now that the Vashj’ir quest line along with the Throne of the Tides dungeon does a pretty good job of finishing the Neptulon story
World of Warcraft
Buy World of Warcraft
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, May 27, 2011
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Monday, May 23, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.