Sid Meier's Pirates! Digital Download Pre-Order Begins
6:00 AM | IMG News | 1 comment
The digital download version of Feral Interactive's Sid Meier's Pirates! is now available for pre-order from Macgamestore.com and other online outlets.
The game invites players to live the life of a 17th century Caribbean pirate captain in an epic, open-ended seafaring adventure. Face down dogged enemies, duel enemy captains, woo fair maidens and raise the Jolly Roger high above the seven seas in pursuit of glory and riches.
Discover what it takes to become one of the most famous pirates in history! Based on Sid Meierís original masterpiece, Pirates! invites you to live the life of a 17th-century Buccaneer in this epic, open-ended seafaring adventure.Sid Meier's Pirates! is currently available to pre-order for $29.95 (USD) and is scheduled for release on May 19.
Test your skills as a privateer flying the Jolly Roger across the Caribbean. Duel enemy captains, exchange plank-shattering broadsides and seize valuable booty, woo fair maidens, dig up buried treasure, and of course plunder unsuspecting ports. As your reputation and skills grow, so will the size and quality of your crew, and your ability to take on larger enemy ships, raid heavily fortified ports, and locate ancient treasure. There's a whole cast of interesting and dangerous characters to meet, mysteries to solve, and exotic island destinations to discover.
Itís a game of high adventure, where brave and skilled players battle for treasure and glory. Those who succeed achieve great fame and wealth Ė and those who fail rest forever in Davy Jonesí locker!
Battle vs. Chess Now Available At MGS
6:00 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
Macgamestore.com has announced the release of ZUXXEZ Entertainment's Battle vs. Chess as a digital download. The game adds to the the classic strategy board game with animated fantasy figurines, 3D battles, and two campaigns with multiple missions.
Commanders, assemble your armies! "Battle vs. Chess" calls for an interactive feather duster, chartering the successful chess game principle into the present day multi-media world. Animated fantasy figurines assemble in magical worlds and await your command! As a Commander, execute skillful maneuvers on the game board and catapult yourself directly into the battle with devastating attacks, chessman vs. chessman. Do you want to go down as a pawn - or reign as a king? It's your decision!Battle vs. Chess is available for purchase for $34.99 (USD).
Battle vs. Chess
- Two captivating strategic campaigns with a total of 30 missions
- Thrilling battles in interactive 3rd person action mode
- Individual beat 'em up battles for each character in unique arenas
- Latest Fritz! Chess algorithm with additional opening library
- Exciting PvP duels on LAN and Internet
Buy Battle vs. Chess
Civilization V Conquest Competition Underway
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Aspyr's GameAgent Blog has announced a new game competition featuring its game of the month: Civilization V. Participants will attempt to win a game by conquest in as few turns as possible. The winner will receive a GameAgent Store coupon good for 50% off any product, a Civ Anonymyous t-shirt, and a mystery prize.
Learn more about the contest at the link below.
GameAgent Blog: Civ V Competition Begins
The goal of the competition is to beat the game by conquest in as few turns as possible. In the event of a tie, final scores will be used as a tie-breaker. Obviously, some points of the competition (particularly whether or not you use multiple saves and reloads) cannot be monitored, so we ask all contestants to be on their best behavior and act like benevolent rulers to maintain the integrity of the competition.
- The competition starts today and runs through Monday, May 30.
- All contestants must play on the Mac version and use the provided save game file as their starting point.
- Here are the parameters of the game:
- Leader/Civilization: America
- Map: Earth
- Map size: Small
- Difficulty: Emperor
- Game pace: Standard
- Victory Conditions: Conquest only
- Barbarians enabled
- Saving and reloading mid-game in order to try for a better outcome from a certain action is highly discouraged and not allowed.
Buy Civilization V
The Sims 3: Generations Coming May 31, Pre-Orders Open
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
TransGaming has revealed that The Sims 3: Generations expansion pack is now available for pre-order from the GameTree store. Scheduled for release on May 31 the expansion will allow players to "take the reins and act out lifeís most humorous and memorable moments from childhood to teenage years to adulthood."
Enjoy a whole spectrum of rich life experiences with your Sims!The Sims 3: Generations can be pre-ordered now for $39.99 at the site below.
Start off in the imagination-fuelled world of childhood and embrace the drama of the teen years. Experience the complicated realities of adult life, then reap the benefits of growing up in each life stage. A wealth of new options and activities makes your Sims' lives more meaningful than ever before, whatever their ages. With new celebrations, dramatic life events, and all-new ways for your Sims to express their creativity, The Sims 3 Generations lets your Sims live life to the fullest!
All of the new activities, celebrations, and drama are easier than ever to remember and reminisce about with a new Memories system that keeps track of major life moments and also lets you share them on Facebook or your Sims My Page!
- Sims of every age can enjoy new activities! Kids can hang out with friends in tree houses. Teens can pull hilarious pranks. Adults can suffer midlife crises. And so much more!
- Whether it's a raging all-teen party while the parents are out, a high school graduation or an official wedding ceremony, new celebrations make every age more fun!
- From bachelor party hi-jinks to getting in trouble for bad grades to hearing rumors around town about Sims who cheat on their spouses, hilarity ensues when new drama unfolds!
- Sims will enjoy all-new ways to be creative including tinkering with chemistry sets, making their own home movies that they can watch on their own TVs, playing make believe as an astronaut, dinosaur, princess, and more!
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard or higher
- Intel Core Duo Processor (This game will not run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems)
- 2GB RAM
- At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games
- ATI X1600 or Nvidia 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100. (This game will not run on the GMA 950 class of integrated video cards)
The Sims 3: Generations
Buy The Sims 3: Generations
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, May 13, 2011
Thursday, May 12, 2011
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Monday, May 9, 2011
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.